Primetime Emmys Live Discussion Thread

DaysForever

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

jane_kaczmarek55.jpg

Robbed :(:(

I'm hearing ABC was purposely shut out because of comments that McPherson made about ABC shut out. I don't think Keiffer's(sp?) is anything close to emmy bait, and heard he submitted sub-par tapes. It was a pity win for KS and 24.

I love Alfre Woodward but it was ridiculous seeing her up there in that category. :blink::blink:

The emmys need a MAJOR overhaul because there are FAR more deserving actors that are NOT even nominated. Such as Tracey Ellis Ross and Lauren Graham <_<

• Members

I am happy for Mariska, 24, Keifer, and Alan Alda. Congrats to The Office too and I loved the Spelling tribute. Those shots of his wife and Randy sitting in the audience were sad :( . Loved seeing the angels together again.

I am sad about Kevin James, Martin and Charlie Sheen, Two and a Half Men, Jane Kasmareck, and The West Wing. I thought for sure The West Wing, Six Feet Under, and Will and Grace would do well tonight.

Shocked by Julia Louis Dreyfuss. I don't think that show is good at all. Not sad about Grey's-ok show but nothing special IMO. I do agree that ABC being shut out was because of Macpherson.

Conan was hilarious. Loved the opening with him running through several of the shows and I also loved the whole Newheart gimmick. Conan's NBC sucks song was hilarious :lol: . Corbert and Stewert were hilarious too.

Weird show-kinda boring at times. Both systems (daytime/primetime) need overhauls IMO. It felt almost rushes at times and I would like to see more clips then we got. Oh well-it was ok. 24 winning made me very happy and that ER promo NBC showed made me happy too. Man that promo was intense :D

• Administrator

The opening was definitely one of the best ever. Lost to The Office to 24 to House to South Park (trapped in a closet with Tom Cruise! LMAO) to Dateline's Predator thing. LMAO!!!

The Bob Newhart skit was funny too. :lol:

Great show. I was happy with it. :)

• Members

The Emmys are second only to the Oscars for me, so I was thrilled when things went off so well. The Bob Newhart thing was hilarious. The intro was great too. The Aaron Spelling tribute was quite moving, and it was appropriately salacious with the original Angels coming together and Candy and Tori sitting in different places. It was so appropos.

Seeing Dick Clark was a heart breaker, though. He went from the guy that everyone joked about being eternally young to aging like crazy. That stroke really did a number on him. It almost brought me to tears!

It was also tough to see Steve Carrell not win. I thought he was going to walk away with it. The Office winning was some consolation, but I think Steve got robbed.

• Members

Yeah the Dick Clark tribute was sad too.

He always looked so young and that stroke really aged him. I applaud the guy for everything he does and for being on stage. It was just so shocking to see him like that.

I was also shocked by all those booing Simon-I mean I know people hate him but there were quite a bit of boos there-what gives? :unsure:

Archived