DAYS- Stefano Returning

• Members

These "crappy" actors come cheaper, so axing them could free up a little cash, but not nearly as much as someone who has been on the show before. Sadly, I happen to enjoy everyone who is on the show except for Brody Hutzler's Patrick.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still think it would make much more sense to have Lawrence behind Steve's lost years than Stefano. All the past evidence points to Lawrence - not Stefano. And Michael Sabatino plays one great villian - he kind of reminds me of James Stenbeck without the total craziness. Very classy but deadly.

Also isn't Lawrence John's brother? It would be nice to finally explore that angle. And maybe Louise Sorel's Vivian could come back. Plus with Lawrence and Jack's history it would be one more reason for Jack to return.

• Members

I see where you're coming from here, but I think Sheffer has a vision of what he wants Days to be. I think so far they have taken the so-called easy path to oust people. They haven't cut J&M or B&H. They probably thought it would be easier for fans to take if they offed all the peripheral people from MR's circle because she was leaving, and it was easier to off CC and AP because they haven't been back that long. But WHY are they keeping Chelsea? I hate that character with a passion. I believe she's unredeemable. I know there are some here that like her, but I can't STAND her, and I'd love it if she was run over by a semi. And then eaten by coyotes. Or something. :D

I also have never understood why Cook and Fath were untouchable. That makes NO sense. But I'm glad they're leaving.

I think Lexie and Abe are important characters both for diversity's sake and for the sake of history. These are rich characters, and I hope they are used more regularly instead of Lexie being trotted out to make a misdiagnosis on a patient and Abe being mad/impotent/blind. I hope that if Stefano is indeed coming back that Lexie reverts back to her evil self. That alone would give loads of storyline for Abe and Lexie.

• Members

Agreed. Corday has had to backpedal quite a bit over the last year or so. First there was 'no room at the inn' for characters who we're now seeing onscreen, and the Dimeras aren't 'DONE' anymore. I hate to say it, but maybe Corday has finally gotten it. I hope I'm not jinxing myself. LOL! He's been close enough to losing his parents' show twice. Maybe he FINALLY gets where his bread is buttered. It's not buttered through actors who can't muster tears, so they have to cut to commercial and return to the scene after some artificial tears have been applied (hi, Farah), and it's not buttered by actors who only convey anger well (hi, Jason). We need STARS. Joe Mascolo was called Mister Ratings for a reason, and we need him back--badly.

So far I think their casting has been genius. Patch and Kayla are obvious. I know there are some here that can't stand him, but I ADORE EJ. He's a fantastic actor, and he's EXACTLY what we need for the late 20/early 30 set. We need a debonair, classy, mysterious, beautiful man that can act. He's gold. And like I said before, I think Stephanie is good too. It seems they've moved beyond who's got the best rack and nice pecs. They have to be good actors too. So that's also a nice change.

And this is exactly where my preference for soap viewing clashes with the Days philosophy. I'd much rather watch only 5 actors who are out-of-this-world talented and paid a ton of money than 20 cheap newbie actors who are using the show as a learning tool and suck ass. :P

• Members

Nope.

In both SOW and SOD, Mascolo says he hasn't been asked back, but his tune has changed and he clearly wants to come back.

I personally think he will be back sooner than later. And besides, his contract with B&B is still in effect, so technically, he can't go to another show. After August ends, he's free and I'm sure we'll hear something then.

• Members

Agreed, Krypton. DAYS will probably offer him a contract in early September. That's what I'm thinkin.

And if there are any insiders out theree (Gabe?), can you please check into this thread and maybe answer us the question if he IS returning at all? Or when?

• Members

I was struck by one thing JM siad in that article. He said that he is a bit overwhellmed by all the fans that come up to him and either ask him or want him to return to Days. I don't know what has happened to change his mind, maybe fan response, but he now feels that he would love to retun.

I think not only has he been in contact with Corday, he signed a contract. And, it probably happened after this isue went to press, so don't be surprised to him by the end of August of sometime early next month.

Also from Spoiler Diva:

JOSEPH MASCOLO: GLOVE IN THE AFTERNOON?

Everywhere Joseph Mascolo goes, he says he's bombarded by fans wanting to know if Stefano is The Gloved Hand on Days. "In Connecticut, in Cape Cod, on an airplane.....People are running up to me asking: 'Is it you? It's got to be you,'" marvels Mascolo. "I say, 'No, it's not.' And you know me - I don't lie."The actor insists he hasn't talked to anyone at DAYS about returning. But if they were to approach him? "I'd love it," he admits. "I love that character and, to be perfectly frank, it's be good for the show for Stefano to come back. He's an icon. I'm a little overwhelmed with how badly people seem to want it." Of course, Mascolo wouldn't be able to return until the end of August, when his contract with B&B (where he plays Massimo) expires. "I never work just for the paycheck. I have to be motivated," confides Mascolo, calling his exit from B&B a mutual decision. "For four, five years it was absolutely wonderful there. What Brad Bell (exec producer/head writer) did in the beginning was incredible. He changes 15 years of history when I came on making Massimo Ridge's father. But, of late, Brad seemed to lose the initiative for storyline with Massimo. The storyline just became nothing." Mascolo made his feelings known, too. "I said to Brad, 'Listen, you seem to need a rest. I'm not the kind that's going to hang around if you don't have something worthy.' Brad said, 'I can't see, to come up with something worthy of Massimo. You're too strong.' So we decided to give it a rest."Which means B&B's loss could be DAYS' gain.

Archived