DAYS: February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
If that did indeed happen, it most defiantly was never shown. I thought you must have been referring to some material when AB was in the role bc as far as I know, KM's Abby never had sex during her run. The show definetly said she was a virgin after she and Chad broke up as it was brught up as she was growing attached to Austin. This isn't something the current writers just made up as the previous ones wrote that material

• Members
Well she defiantly talked about sex with chad when Mel was talking about banging Nate and gabi was desperate for help in getting will to put it in her lol. I guess she could have been lying tho. Idk it just seems weird like she's obsessed with being a virgin out of nowhere and it comes off as a very forced conflict and its a shame because it is a very real world issue

• Members

Just caught up with Monday's show:

Lucas needs to get laid sometime soon. He was acting like an uptight punk beeeyatch to Nicole, and even though I understand why, given their history, these are the times when I find his character tres annoying.

I still don't know how I feel about "Rate" or "Kafe" (even the couple names are corny lol). I'm so indifferent to them right now.

However, I loved the fantasy that Nicole had about Eric. I don't know but there is something about a sexy priest getting down, dirty and sacrilegious in a church with a pretty ex-hooker that I actually find hot (don't judge me lol)

I don't know why, but I am actually beginning to be more tolerant of this Dannifer storyline. Perhaps because Melissa Reeves is beginning to endear me again and she is becoming more rootable to me. Or perhaps the storyline itself is being written a lot better this time around. I like that what is really tearing Dannifer apart is the fact that they have misconceptions of each other right now and that the miscommunication between the two of them exacerbates their issues. Then let's add trust issues and we actually have a realistic internal relationship conflict. The storyline is getting very layered and not just about 1998 Billie Reed (aka Chloe) trying to come between them.

I must say that I enjoyed the brief scene between Jennifer and Nicole. Nicole is such a layered and complex character and scenes like these only showcase it even more. I also love when character interactions aren't just predictable animosity when they are supposed to hate each other. I guess Nicole and Jennifer now have a mutual respect for each other.

Kristen actually has a heart! I like seeing how Kristen is beginning to morph into 1996 Kristen when she actually felt guilty about helping Stefano kidnap Marlena (as well as her other misdeeds). I wonder if this is the long-term vision that the writers have for Kristen. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

And when did Blake Berris grow an ass? Did you catch him in those jeans he had on?

• Members

It didn't look like it, but I wish to God it had been the CAMEO. That's basically the only time that Taylor has ever been useful as a character to me, running around town accusing people of stealing her mother's cameo. Fighting with Hope on the pier then leaving her unconscious is a close second.

• Members

I like that it's not going to all out war yet ... It wouldn't make sense that Will and Gabi would ever be like that with each other. It makes a lot more sense that it's Sami, Nick, Rafe, and Kate interfering and having agendas that causes the problems. We can tell where the other family members' sympathies lie without necessarily having some kind of "dividing into camps" situation. It's layered, it's realistic, and it's awesome. The story is going to continue to get more dramatic, with Nick now more determined than ever to use his secret after what has happened (assuming the baby makes it), but at its heart, to be true to character, Will and Gabi have to still want to be friends, both wanting what's best for the baby, not a war.

Also I don't think Will is passive. He just doesn't charge in and make things worse like his mom; he doesn't place his own feelings above all else and ignore the effects. He was quite firm Thursday with Sami that if she didn't back off, and if anything happened to the baby, he would not forgive her and would cut her out of his life. That's anything but passive. It got through to Sami a little. Also, Will tried a couple times to tell Sonny how he felt in January, and one time even kissed Sonny to try to get through to him, but Sonny kept shooting him down so now Will thinks Sonny has moved on. Will could be a little more assertive still about how he still feels, and we as viewers know Sonny still wants to be with Will really -- but I don't think Will is passive in not trying to keep pushing right now.

Daniel and Jennifer continued to have some good conflict Thursday. Glad some of Jennifer's points got through to him. He also has a point that his child needs to see his parents getting along. Chloe backslid a little Thursday though. Nothing Maggie said got through to her. I had thought Chloe was making progress in being more sympathetic when she was talking to Anne the day before. Glad, marlenafan, that you are starting to like the story more from your watching Monday's episode, because of it being better written now or because of Melissa Reeves. I feel Jennifer is rootable too.

Loved Daniel telling Jennifer he knew what Jennifer wanted but she wasn't going to get it today, and Eric saying Nicole always get what she wants in the end. Again, Exhibit #50,000 that the writers are thinking about "What does X want?" in every story, every scene. It's writing 101 but writers haven't always done it on the soaps that I've watched. When a scene is "boring," it's usually because the writers aren't thinking in those terms. A character with a well thought out history and motivation who wants something out of the conversation, interacting with another character with the same, in a well-constructed scene that has a twist at the end and leaves you thinking about their next step, shouldn't be "boring."

Glad the show dragged it out again as I predicted, with Cameron and Abigail. Abigail confirmed she was still a virgin, then Maxine interrupted (LOL) and Cameron had to leave before he could respond. Soapy goodness. He didn't seem that put off though. Days is the master at pacing and milking the drama right now. I would have liked it if Abigail had stayed long enough to see that it was Gabi with an emergency, so she could have been there to interact with Will and Nick. I guess the show wanted Abigail involved with the Chloe story though.

So I guess there's still a chance Eric will be at the hospital Friday while this Gabi baby emergency is still continuing. I think there's a lot of potential for good scenes if everyone is converging on the hospital. Kayla could even have some stuff that's more than the generic doctor stuff I've seen her doing so far.

As much as Nick does some bad things, I really felt for Nick in Thursday's episode at the end (for Will too) ... The concern ... "The baby's not going to make it,"

Don't worry JackPeyton, I'm pretty sure they are not going to forget about Abigail reacting to what Gabi did to Melanie!

LOL at this cameo necklace thing with Nicole's mom and a fake Rafe, I'm going to have to read more about it.

• Members

I played back the scene where she called Cameron away from Abby and all she said was there was an emergency. Another scene I missed maybe? Perhaps the ambulance called ahead to say it was premature labor...

I think Jennifer's demand of Daniel is unreasonable, but ultimately I don't care - its all blah blah blah to me.

It was a good episode in terms of tension with Gabbi and the baby. I'm largely unspoiled so that helps.

I was ROFLMAO with the music they played when Sami and snuck into Gabbi's room and Gabby starts to recognise her - it reminded me of Jaws lol

Thanks - was zzzzz at the time. Not sure if it was Hackley or MarDar, makes no difference really.

• Members

The vocal, nasally inflection. Everything was horrendous. I like to imagine Natalia Livingston playing this cameo mess, she would've come across horrible too, but probably in a slightly better way for the character.

Archived