DAYS: February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing that struck me, though, is that if Sonny plays his hand, it could send Chad, his friend and business partner, to jail (as per his agreement with Nick). As well, now that Will has told Sonny about shooting EJ, Sonny is the one keeping the big secret and not being honest. If he mulls over whether to tell Will or not about Gabi's involvement in Melanie's kidnapping too long, he'll end up keeping his mouth shut, and risk ruining things with Will again once Will gives up his parental rights. If he pushes Will to go for full custody and tells Will what he knows, yes, Gabi and Nick will lose, but there's a huge likelihood that Will will go to jail.

I've been drinking, so my mind's not as sharp as usual about this, but I feel like the added layers of this story and the fact that TomSell took the time to play all the little beats early on instead of charging through at breakneck speed like Higley would've, are really helping to make it great drama. No matter what people's good intentions are, someone's gonna get burned. Absolutely delicious.

• Members

People have already commented on most of the stuff I would have said about the yet-another-awesome episode on Tuesday, and why the show is working well. I pretty much agree. Lots of great insights I wouldn't have had that I agree with too, like Cat's about how Will is always apologizing to Sonny. So I'll try to keep it relatively short for once LOL.

A few more observations and reactions:

- I think Kristen is going to tell the truth on Wednesday about whatever horrible things happened to her away from Salem. She may even reveal that she has been lying to Brady all along. I like that it would make sense to me whether she lies or tells the truth. There are well-established reasons we have already seen in this story why she would truly care for Brady, and why she would want to just manipulate Brady. I want to know what choice she makes.

- The show might be gearing up to taking Abe off the backburner. Some substantial scenes with Marlena. Perhaps he will be involved in this story with Stefano and John when, as they announced, they return shortly. Also he has that fundraiser for the damage from the explosions, that he is working on with the hospital, that he mentioned last week.

- I do think Nick has revealed that he is the blackmailer too soon, like Antoyne said.

- I don't think the show is planning to end it here and have Will sign away his rights, but at the same time, I don't think a public custody battle is necessarily where they're headed either though. Gabi still has to have a say, and I don't think she will let Nick steamroller her, especially with Rafe counseling her and also with Sami perhaps reaching out to make amends.

- I think Will will probably consult his dad about this next since he most likely will not want to get Sami involved until the last possible moment, but he will want to talk to a couple people before making any big decisions, and he's learned his lesson not to keep everything a secret. Great that Sonny is being so supportive, understanding, and protective of Will too!

- Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith's acting were really "on" on Tuesday - great mix of passion, anger, confusion, realization, and worry! Blake Berris was masterful as usual showing how Nick's mind works too.

- The drug addict guy, Kevin, was better the second time around. I like the journey the show had the character take and how it tied in with Nicole. I liked how Eric vouched for Roman to Kevin too. I wonder if Nicole is really going to tell Eric how she feels, and how much Eric knows already.

Also, thanks, Ira, you're so helpful with filling me in on Days history! Yay Days22, glad you liked the episode! Sorry this still ended up being so long ...

• Members

Some of the "religious talk" that Eric had with his assailant could be met with boredom or exasperation by some but I sort of enjoyed it. It was a very universal message and linked up with the Days I grew up with -- even before JER, Days had this link to the themes of pure goodness and devilish evil. It gives the burgeoning feelings that Eric and Nicole have for each other added depth -- like, if Eric breaks his priestly code, there are consequences, not least on himself.

The actor playing the drug addict (Kevin) has been really good.

So is John returning along with Stefano? I hope so. He is needed in the SL. Speaking of, Kristen is so good at hoodwinking Brady. She really is good at thinking on her feet.

Stefano cursing John "all the days of your lives." laugh.png

Two straight days without Dannifoe! Did Christmas come early?

• Members

I wonder where they are going with Eric bc while I think he and Nicole have chemistry and could be hot, I respect him as a priest and find him to be genuinely good guy. I'd rather he not be a priest but I don't want to see his image tarnished by breaking his vows. I want to see him resist temptation and not give in to her. If he ever leaves the priesthood, I want it to be of his own choice and not bc he's been fired or forced out bc he couldn't keep his d--k in his pants

• Members

Same. And I like that Nicole recognizes this and doesn't want to be the cause of him breaking his vows. If she slept with Eric, it would confirm all the awful things that she thinks about herself -- whore, worthless, skank, liar, etc. They both have a stake in Eric being a priest and staying true to his vows -- but they are also attracted to each other and possibly are in love with each other already. Even though Nicole is the one having the fantasies about him kissing her, it's clear he would if he could, too.

• Members

I agree with everyone else, jfung! I have a negative opinion mostly for a jokey manner, but it's nice to read comments from someone enjoying the show as much as I do. I have a few friends in RL who've watched the show for years through its ups and downs and and I like being able to still have conversations about what we enjoy while also poking fun at it.*

*Except for Daniel. I have nothing nice to say about him, nor did I have anything nice to say about Higley's last disaster.

• Members

DAYS has really got some good things going for it right now! I love how strong the writing has been these past few episodes (and overall, really since December). The Nick/Gabi/Sonny/Will stuff has been extremely well written and acted. I LOVED the Marlena/Abe interaction. And I also really liked the scenes at the church with Eric/Nicole/the criminal the sent to detox... those scenes really showed what a great soap opera is when its at its best.. deep emotional story of danger, passion, love, deception, sin, and redemption. Of course that was all done over a couple of scenes.. but if Days can keep that pattern up with umberlla storytelling and multi-layered character development and interaction I think we will continue to see great improvements (both in story and ratings)! Keep it up Days!

• Members

Gosh, it's been a long time since I've posted here but just wanted to say to Jfung that I enjoy your posts as much as I am enjoying the show right now. (Probably more than some parts of it) It's refreshing to see positive posts again. FYI I have been watching Days since 1965, through thick & thin, good and bad (so much bad in the last few years) but it seems to be improving so that's a good thing. I have to say that I don't enjoy Dannifercoe at all but the other stories are keeping my attention.

• Members

CiqMwn2.jpg

WTF kind of outfit is that?

Wow, Kristen is finally talking about what happened to her after she left town

Im digging Anne and she's the best part of this insipid Jennifer/Daniel story. IA with whomever said they should make her a lesbian and infatuated with Chloe. What a great angle that would be

Speaking of which....

bBOtYUH.jpg

Why does Abby looked dressed like a lesbian? She's looking real butch here and that jacket looks like it came from the Goodwill

Archived