DAYS: February 2013 Discussion

• Members

THIS!

I was so close to dropping the show under MarDar. It was like watching someone seeding a lawn beautifully, then only watering the edges and expecting that to be sufficient to grow. I wanted to like their DAYS so much, but it really didn't work for me. TomSell have done a fantastic job this time around, and even if there are clunkers (Chloe), it still is nowhere near as bad as the last bunch. I am truly worried about AMC with that woman writing.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All I'll say is we don't know how much interference there was from the network. And it sounds like there was a LOT of it. I love Carrie and Austin but I liked Rafe playing spoiler with them... The Abe/Lexie story was one of the best the show did in years, even if we all knew Abe was headed for backburner hell...

We'll agree to disagree on stuff. I like some of what I'm seeing now.

• Members

Beautifully put and ITA. I tuned out towards the end of MarDar's run because I just couldn't anymore. It took time for me to warm up to TomSell again and there were boring bumps on that road too but in the last few months this show has been a lot better, and a lot less boring.

• Members

Another good day Monday! These scenes roll into each other with cliffhangers galore. How can this be dull, AllMyDaysatGH? Pacy yet still drawn out enough to savor the moments, character-driven yet eventful, the present version of this show is the best, most addictive soap I've ever seen.

Sonny and Will back together, yay! Sonny realizes they can't be just friends, and reassured Will that Brian isn't in Will's league. It was a nice touch that Will thought Sonny meant Will wasn't in Brian's league at first. Sonny also realizes he was making Will's lies about Sonny instead of thinking about what Will was going through.

Something felt a bit missing though. There should have been some more oomph, some more importance to the reunion, after they had been apart for a month and a half. Freddie Smith seemed to barely bat an eyelid in his delivery of some lines -- a bit too subtle. Will was just like, "Yeah," when Sonny said he loved him. Guess the characters were too tired after the night at the hospital.

They still had some passionate kissing and implied sex. I can assume more conversation and longing eyes happened offscreen too. I'm glad they're back together, and the card showed what Will's feelings were so I can combine today with Valentine's Day in my head for a fuller picture.

It seems Will told Sonny some secret and the show wants to keep us guessing what it is. Is it that he tried to kill EJ and someone is holding it over him? You would think Sonny would have more questions about that. So what else could it be?

I enjoyed watching Kristen manipulate Brady into agreeing to move to the mansion. Poor Brady, he feels so bad for his family as well as for Kristen.

I loved the frosty exchange Marlena had with Nicole. Nicole tells Marlena she doesn't have to worry about anything happening between Eric and Nicole, and Marlena says, "I know. I know what kind of a man and a priest my son is." LOL. Poor Nicole! Glad Marlena was annoyed at Nicole for not handing over her jewelry too.

Nick is openly admitting now he wants Will and Will's entire family out of his daughter's life, and doesn't care if anyone connects the dots that he knows Will tried to kill EJ. Nick is on the warpath and losing it ... Sami was even intimidated a bit. Nick looked like he wanted to rip Rafe's head off. Seriously scary.

I liked seeing Rafe in the middle, both attacked by EJ and critcizing Sami, and yet also warning Nick to dial it down. Rafe and Kate are well positioned as the middle forces in all this, neither on Sami's side nor Nick's, yet also on both Will/Sami's side and Gabi/Nick's. (Reminds me, I forgot to mention it was good to see Kate having a moment with Nick last Friday when he was concerned about the baby.)

EJ and Kate slept together at one point too? What? I hope EJ didn't scare Rafe off of Kate. It didn't seem like Rafe was scared off.

Will and Sonny get interrupted a lot during or right after lovemaking, LOL.

Sami was making some progress in keeping the peace and taking some responsibility for her demands on Gabi, but EJ was just like don't blame yourself for anything. I was pissed off at EJ for being so absolutist and not helping Sami take some personal responsibility for her actions *while* also protecting her legally. Glad Sami is getting Gabi flowers and trying to win her over. It's what she should have done from the beginning. You should have listened to Lucas, Sami!

Nice to see Brady and Eric being caught up on the other stories that happened last Friday like Gabi's labor scare. Good character relationships are maintained and story mentioned even when people aren't in the stories.

Brady might have heard Kristen telling Stefano to pretend to be sick ... Dun dun dun! Three well set-up cliffhangers again for Tuesday ... Brady/Kristen (What did he hear? Is he mad?), Nick pounding on Will's door, Eric being choked (oh no!). Can't wait.

• Members

EJ and Kate slept together when he first arrived in town and they were working at Mythic together. I believe it was after Kate left Basic Black, because of her affair with John or whatever. It's pre-Stefano, because Stefano was presumed dead at the time. But Sami found a recording of them having sex (she worked there too) and played it at a hotel conference for everyone to see. Then I recall Julie Pinson's Billie going in on her for it.

I could feel angry at Sami for barreling ahead, but her instincts ARE right. Something fishy is going on and I'm willing to bet dumbass Gabi signs right aboard with Nick after he coos a few "I love you baby"s.

• Members

Gabi strikes me as particularly weak-willed and I have no doubt that Cotton-Wool-for-Brains will rapidly toss aside Will's rights to the baby if Nick manipulates her the right way. Her health/the health of the baaaaaaaaby will probably play into that. And Sonny will probably be bitchy to her one day and that will seal the deal.

Speaking of Sonny, I'm glad he admitted that he shouldn't have made Will's drama about him but I still find him somewhat... imperious when dealing with Will. It always seems like Will is apologizing to Sonny for something. Maybe Sonny's status as the guy who's been out longer than Will, the one with the strong code of ethics, makes him seem a little one-note and humorless. Meanwhile, Will (as the more fully-fledged character) is destined to make mistakes. However, their brief love scene was refreshingly hot in showing two men who are definitely going to sleep together (and not just hugging manfully like they used to do on Melrose Place). I like that they show the weak-at-the-knees physical longing for them as they would for, say, Nicole and Eric.

I thought Eric was going to kiss Nicole when Marlena walked in, lol.

No Dannifoe! Hurrah.

• Members

I especially liked Sami's "If every woman went into labor when she got upset" comment. Sami has had multiple children and been through a lot a drama during those pregnancies, I'm suurrrrreeee Sami snapping at Gabi was the main reason she had to go to the hospital.

• Members

YES! I was almost sure that was going to happen too. I love how they're playing the dynamic between those two. DAYS is finally getting how to build up couples again. It's refreshing.

"Dannifoe" is my new favourite name for them. Sounds about as clumsy and dorky as the story itself!

Frankly, I find it a bit odd that all the big blowups have happened so fast. I'm enjoy this sweeps, but I am surprised the last two days have packed in so much drama. It's great to watch, but I'm worried about the direction they're taking the GabiNickWillSonny story now. Will there be a custody battle, or is Will going to resign himself to giving up the baby? I'm liking that I can never quite tell what's going to happen next with this story, but I hope they're not just cheaping out and avoiding a trial because it costs money and they don't have the budget.

I'm so glad they did that. There's been a few little meta moments like this lately that have worked beautifully. It acknowledges the soap cliches without being so broad about it like Cartini tend to do.

• Members

I can't wait until they turn Hope's office into a courtroom! :)

Today was ON FIRE. I am absolutely loving the show, the only thing that ever bores me is Dan/Jen but when Jen is interacting with Chloe or other characters, I actually like those scenes too.

Couple building. This regime isn't acting like they're living on borrowed time. The show is getting buzz finally because it's GOOD, not because of some gimmicks and it shows in the writing. It's not rushed. Nicole/Eric are great, they're becoming rootable, but it's taking it's time. Same with Cameron/Abby, because I'm sure I'd have whiplash if we were already in the middle of a full-fledged triangle with Chad. Give us a reason to care about them before Chad rears his jealous head. Same for Will/Sonny, who are finally on good footing after the rushed mess of the last regime.

The storylines also have fun stops and starts. Brady figured out Kristen was lying, she worked her magic (It was such a treat to see Eileen playing Kristen today, literally stalling as she tried to come up with a good lie). I got so excited at the last line, because we've all been waiting to hear about Kristen's time away from Salem.

I also loved Nick blowing up at Will. I love that Will told Sonny the truth last episode and we didn't find out until Nick realized it today. Sami really got under Nick's skin more than he's willing to admit. Because he's smart, but he's also hyper emotional and played his hand too much today. By blasting Will, I'm thinking he's made a mistake. Because all Sonny needs to counter with is. "Do this to Will? I do this to Gabi with her involvement in Melanie's kidnapping." Because with ALL three parents having a criminal record and secrets coming out, that kid is going to someone else.

Archived