DAYS: February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gabi almost told Will about her role in Melanie's kidnapping, but they ended up having sex instead. Will knows Gabi did something that bothered her, but he was never given the specifics. Similarly, Chad has told Will, I believe, that Gabi shouldn't be trusted, but he only told the full details to Sonny. Right now, Will doesn't know that Gabi hired Andrew to stalk Melanie.

• Members

Which, I believe, is how it may eventually come out. Chad can't say anything on record because of his agreement and neither can Justin. Sonny can't either, so it's going to have to either be accidentally exposed by Rafe, Melanie (off screen, knowing this show) or EJ. I wouldn't mind a recast Melanie coming in for a week just to expose Gabi after she and Nick try to take the baby from Will.

• Members

Don't believe so. It helps that Chad beat Nick to a pulp after finding him with Melanie's scarf, so she told her family that she broke things off with him because of that and because he'd been super-controlling forcing her into marriage.

• Members

More like with the Nick drama, she didn't feel like creating any more drama since Andrew was dead. She basically told Gabi she was dead to her, though. I loved their goodbye to each other, when Melanie stopped at the Pub to tell Nick she was leaving and Gabi tried saying hi. Melanie stared at her like "bitch, please" and said "BYE GABI."

• Members

No no, Maxine went in to Gabi's room, as soon as Sami came out yelling somebody get a doctor. Then Maxine came out of Gabi's room when Cameron and Kayla were coming through and said thank God they were there because Gabi was going into labor.

The scene Cheap21 is talking about was right at the end of Thursday's show and the beginning of Friday's. It wasn't when Maxine was calling Cameron away from Abigail, which was much earlier in Thursday's episode.

• Members

Anyway, another good episode Friday. I liked Kate, Lucas, EJ, and Sonny coming to the hospital and adding their reactions to the mix. No Eric, Nicole, and Roman though, which I'd been hoping for. A collision of medical emergencies with people related to each other involved in both could have been soap sweeps ratings gold and could have been mliked for a week. DAYS gets a lot of pacing and a lot of story right, but this seems like a missed opportunity.

I was glad that Will told Sami to leave and that Will wouldn't talk to her.

Nick confronting Sami at the end sounded like a 1920s gangster confrontation, LOL. "You blew it, lady. And now it's all over." But it was still a nice setup for next week. Nice touch BTW to have Sami calling Marlena as Nick entered, to show why Marlena hadn't come to the hospital too. Three good cliffhangers at the end of Friday's episode - Nick and Sami; Kristen supposedly about to tell Brady it was all a lie all along and break his heart; and most importantly, Sonny reacting to reading Will's card from when Will thought Sonny was giving him a second chance!

Also not sure if it's a cliffhanger, but EJ already has cottoned on to Rafe and Kate having something going. I saw Lucas and even Will shooting weird looks at how chummy Kate and Rafe were being too. Rafe and Kate still oozed chemistry, and it already feels natural for them to be confiding in each other and plotting their next move together.

I like that Nick might have forgiven Sami (he said "I think we all get that" about Gabi needing rest), and even made a joke about making sure Gabi drinks lots of water, but then once "stress" was said by Cameron to be a contributing factor, Nick's mind was made up ...

I think it would have made sense for Kayla to talk to other people there as more than just a doctor, since the baby will be family to her. But she was being professional so it doesn't bother me much.

I'm glad Brady was so firm he wouldn't move into the DiMera mansion. Yes, Kristen is right, she did overplay her hand!

It was touching to see Maxine leading the prayer holding hands with Gabi, Kayla, and Cameron, even if I felt a little uncomfortable too as a nonbeliever, and even if it was unrealistic in a way. (In real life, the doctors would probably not all have been Christian, especially given the many immigrant doctors there are from areas with other religious traditions.)

I'm agnostic, but I respect that many people are religious and I respect DAYS's history of connection to religion. I thought it was believable that Gabi would ask if they could pray.

I also liked the bonding between Maxine and Gabi earlier over Maxine's story of her first pregnancy.

Thanks, Ira, for the clip!

• Members

I thought Friday was a good focussed episode. All the hospital scenes were top notch dialogue and I think all the beats and angles were played out and covered well. The music that played in the montage was also pretty good, considering the standard of music on this show.

The Sonny and Will scenes at the hospital exuded a lot chemistry. So it is wierd that the scenes at the coffee house afterwards sees them falling back into a platonic bromance vibes. Trying to get my head around that.

Kate and Rafe as a couple on paper is all wrong, but their scenes on screen are really good!

Nurse Maxine is one of my favourite recurring characters, even if she is essentially playing a non-comedic version of her character Laverne from Scrubs.

Kristen's SL is running out of steam. I think we are just waiting for Stefano to actually return to Salem before it kicks up a notch again

Archived