The Chew: Discussion Thread

Llantano Incorporated

• Members

I did not know where to post this and feel free to delete it- but I just had to vent. When those CHEW promos air during OLTL, I stare at the screen with my mouth agape. Not only is the hilarious promo fit to be satired on SNL, the hosts already look uncomfortable, COMPLETELY unphotogenic, and downright goofy. The whole thing gets me hysterical. Like THIS is the best ABC could do? I am going to call The Chew "The Goof Troop". This is going to be the television train wreck for the AGES.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It looks like the worst TV show ever. I just shake my head when the promos come on every day. I almost want to watch it just to see how bad it is but I won't. The woman with the glasses scares me and I bet her gumbo tastes like crap. WTF is up with Mario and his orange Crocs? Eww. What a disaster. And Clinton Kelly's tips are awful. You can use a regular vase or you can use your imagination, um okay? What a dumb looking show.

• Members

What I dislike most about the promo is the green screen where they all sit down to eat. I don't know why it annoys me but it just looks cheap and distracting.

I also have nightmares of Clinton looking seasick at the camera as he tries to give tips.

I don't know - it just seems so amateurish for a major network.

If they were going to do something like this there are a lot of people who aren't used by TV now and have some good presence. Remember Party Line with Dan and Steve?

Archived