B&B: How Would You Revive the Show?

• Members

One idea: Hire Matt Ashford when he has finished on DAYS. I'm not sure where he'd fit in on B&B - maybe as a recast Storm Logan, for instance? I think he and Hunter Tylo would make a good pair on screen.

Yes: I have a feeling B&B will need to lose its #2 position in the ratings before Bell makes any changes. :rolleyes:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In all honesty, I don't think it matters a bit who is in the writing team so long as Brad Bell is at the helm. Everything he wants, he gets but clearly his enthusiasm for the show is beyond waning.

There just needs to be some significant change to the structure of the canvas to prevent all of the repetitive incestuous triangles between Eric and Stephanie's children. I was the one who suggested in another thread bringing in John Forrester as a now wealthy adversary to Eric. He could take over Marone Industries after Massimo's suspicious untimely death which would put him right in the middle of the canvas -- both Nick and Ridge would be involved with the company and therefore Jackie and Stephanie.

John Forrester could be the villain the show is lacking. Someone out to get the whole family but not necessarily in a psychotic, Sheila like way.

I've also thought it would be interesting to do a sort of "All About Eve" scenario with Stephanie. She could hire a young female assistant who would insinuate herself into Stephanie's life and trust while attempting to sabotage it from within. It would be fun as a 6 month arc to see Stephanie completely alienated because of this woman while the rest of the family can see her for what she is. Obviously when Stephanie found out the truth, the showdown would be electric.

Finally with the 20th anniversary next year I was thinking of possible stories to coincide with a walk down memory lane and I thought an interesting option might be for Sally Spectra to decide to write a tell all biography of the Forresters. She has motive (Macy, Darla) and it could be an amusing new twist on the Spectra/Forrester feud whilst providing tons of flashbacks and revisits from old characters.

• Members

Can we hire you to write for B&B, James? :lol: Good stuff.

The problem is Brad and his Attention Deficit Disorder. He hires newbies, plays with them for a couple of weeks, then tosses them aside when his interest wanes, only to revisit the Brooke/Ridge stuff.

He also lacks the brilliant writing talent of his father. I think he writes more to pit certain fanbases against the other ("an enraged audience is an engaged audience," I believe, is one of his quotes) and get an audience reaction as opposed to any sustained interest in the characters and SLs and where those are going.

Don't get me wrong -- campiness, shaking things up... those things are fine. On balance. He needs to pace himself with those because they are merely plot points and shouldn't define everything that B&B is about.

IMO, Brad should step down from the HW position and give it up to Mulcahey (who I adore) and concentrate on his role as EP.

• Members

The problem for me has always been Brooke and Ridge. That's why I left the show so long ago.

Their story is tiresome and I hate Ronn Moss!

There's not much Brad Belle can do with just a half hour show. He needs to step away and let someone else take over who has a fresh perspective.

• Members

I think that the show should bring a new family new blood to the show. Have a new headwriter and like people said if bell wants to make a new soap let him go. Bring back morgan, shelia, kristen, kimberly, cj, sally, clarke, amber, deacon, James, Pierce, Erica, Oscar, Rick, Jessica. THEY SHOULD let Hector and Dante go. EXtend to one hour and the show will be back to its old self. Plus with all these characters back therer will be more storylines and everyting.

• Members

I think one of the biggest problems is that B&B is missing the glamour of the old days, Taylor and Brooke were simply gorgeous to look at, they wore amazing clothes. Alot of that is missing. And another is, the show used to have a sort of delicious tawdryness to it, when it just concerned Eric and Ridge sleeping with Brooke. They even had it a bit still even though it got really nasty and she screwed. Thorne But ever since Brooke had Bridget's husband's baby, they crossed the line into disgusting. And they keep doing it again and again.

They prop Brooke up as if she is some goddess with a magical twat that entwines men despite their will. Its ridiculous. This aging California cheerleader is supposed to enthrall all men with her overwhelming beauty. Get serious. With that said, I think KKL is a very pretty lady and is aging beautifully, but lets be real.

• Members

I watch the show like everyday and I still have no answers as to how that happened. I think bridget was relieved that she wasn't preggers and she told Dante she didn't want to rush into Marriage and having a child with him. Furious, FeFe comforted him and I guess he's in love with her this week.

• Members

There are several things that Brad Bell can do to improve the show (firing himself is not an option I assume):

1. Write long-term stories. Not 3 month story arcs and then fire the actors involved leaving Brooke and Ridge the only viable characters in the aftermath

2. Either stick with Bridge or end them permanently. This back and forth is insanely annoying.

3. If Bridge doesn't work out (try it one more time just to see if it sticks) then put Ridge and Donna together. I know I'm in the minority here but I love "Ronna". (Its the only Ridge romance I've enjoyed besides Tridge Part 1.)

4. Kill off Nick. He has worn out his welcome after cheating on his wife (who was grieving for their dead daughter) with her mother. What a horrible thing of Brad Bell to do to a once great character.

5. Give Bridget a love interest who won't boff her mother. Is that too much to ask? Brooke stealing her daughter's men is just disgusting.

6. Stop writing total sleaze. A little romance goes a long way.

7. Get decent associate writers.

I'd like Days to overtake B&B in the ratings so something would happen behind the screen creatively.

Archived