B&B: How Would You Revive the Show?

• Members

Bear with me; this could be a long post :) It would all take place over two years or so.

- Nick and Brooke would decide to call it quits. Nick would throw himself into his work and would just stay out of Brooke's way. I'd give Jack Wagner a holiday for a couple of weeks and allow Nick to rest for a bit - Nick would not be seen on screen during Wagner's vacation.

- Brooke and Ridge would reunite (am not a Bridge fan at all, but the reunion does have a purpose ;) ). They'd get engaged and plan an elaborate yet classy ceremony.

- Steffy would return and learn of Brooke and Ridge's upcoming nuptials. Refusing to let the marriage go ahead, she would plead with Phoebe to help her ruin the wedding. Phoebe would be torn between letting her father be happy or stopping him from making a mistake. After a heart-to-heart with Brooke, Phoebe would later tell Steffy that she couldn’t help her, as she wants Ridge and Brooke to be happy.

- After talking to Phoebe, Brooke would try to sort things out with Steffy. The young Forrester would refuse to accept Ridge and Brooke's relationship and tell her future stepmother that she will not let this wedding go ahead. Steffy would continue to try and sabotage the couple's nuptials but nothing would work.

- All the Forrester's, Marone's and Logan's would return for Ridge and Brooke's big day. This includes the return of Kristen, Stephen, Storm, Beth, Katie and Massimo.

- Upon Kristen's return The Forrester's would rally around her in the wake of Antonio's death. She'd also state that Zende is currently at boarding school and refused to return to LA for the wedding.

- On the morning of Brooke and Ridge's wedding Steffy would hear the two upstairs fooling around. Enraged she would rush off to her room before. Whilst Steffy is in her room, Brooke would leave the house to get ready for her big day. Hearing what she assumes to be Brooke coming down the stairs, Steffy would hide around the corner in the living room and reveal a gun. She would take aim preparing to put an end to Brooke's life.

- Ridge would suddenly round the corner and Steffy would shoot. Phoebe would come out of the kitchen and see everything. As Ridge lies dying on the floor, a panicked and regretful Steffy would plead with Phoebe to lie and say that it was an intruder. Torn, Phoebe would reluctantly agree.

- Ridge would later die and the search for his murderer would gather momentum. Stephanie and Brooke would be united in their grief before Brooke moves to Paris for a brief period (allowing KKL to take a break and dry her tears for once...poor lady is always crying!)

- The guilt would eat away at both Phoebe and Steffy and Phoebe would eventually confess all. Steffy would be carted off to jail and Stephanie would be left horrified knowing it was her own granddaughter who killed Ridge.

(I'd also use this in future episodes and turn Steffy into the next Sheila - a psycho Forrester would be cool!)

- I'd then bring Brooke back but she'd be strong, savvy and independent. She'd be business focused and family orientated.

- I'd have Taylor marry Stephen and thus become Brooke's stepmother. This would set up a new rivalry and it would be a nasty rivalry ala Dynasty's Alexis vs Krystal.

- Although I can't think of one off the top of my head, I'd create more powerful, gripping stories for The Forrester's and re-introduce the Spectra's.

- I'd have Kristen and Nick get together. I think they'd make a hot couple.

- I'd introduce a new character to be Brooke's love interest. He'd be dashing, suave and smart. He'd sweep Brooke off her feet with a romance that would actually build over time. It'd be the good old kind of romance. They'd get engaged, but I'd have Brooke and Thorne begin a steamy affair. (KKL & WH was just HOT!). The affair would, like the romance would be built over time, before being discovered in a big reveal that would involve slaps, tantrums, tears and hair pulling.

- The affair would be a big catalyst for a Forrester boardroom showdown, not exactly sure what would take place, but I'd make it huge with Forrester vs Forrester, Logan vs Logan all over this affair.

- Brooke and her new lover would split, but later reunite and marry - Brooke's last marriage on the show. She'd then settle down with this mystery man and live ever after with him - not happily 'cause there'd always be drama of course.

- I'd split Eric and Stephanie up and have Eric marry Jackie. I'd give Stephanie cancer or some life threatening disease and she'd be all alone. Eric would help nurse Stephanie through her illness and Jackie would realise Eric would always love Stephanie. Handing Eric back her wedding ring, she'd kiss him goodbye one last time before leaving LA forever - she'd return occasionally for big events in Nick and Kristen's marriage. Eric and Stephanie would re-marry.

- Thomas would stun the Forrester's by coming out and saying he was gay. (I mean come on, it's a show about fashion and we've really only seen that OTT wedding planner for Brooke's wedding!!) It wouldn't be a stereotype character either, I'd try and steer it in the other direction, taking people's opinions in the other direction too.

- Amber, Rick and CJ would all return to contract as would Storm and James.

- Finally, I'd have a special episode where we saw a prison riot. We'd see Steffy be moved from her cell and locked up in a new one. As the doors close behind her, her cellmate would step out of the shadows and it would be Sheila. With a smile on her face she'd say something like 'Welcome Roomie.' As Sheila stands there with an evil smile on her face, Steffy would smile back.

Then that dramatic music and fade to black.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B Cast Changes:

I hope that TPTB are willing to make some cast changes. First off I would like to see Thomas, Clarke and Dr. Mark MacClaine back on contract status.

Next I think they should get rid of: Jackie, Hector, Felicia, Dante and their kid(No deaths, just moving).

Next I would like to see return: Deacon(Sean Kanan), Amber(Adrienne Frantz), Oscar(Brian Gaskill), Rick(Justin Torkildsen), Storm Logan(I would like to see Matt Ashford, about to be ex- Jack on Days, in this role), Zach Hamilton(I would like to see Thaao Penghlis, ex- Tony on Days in the role) , Gaby and Caitlin.

Storyline proposals:

Deacon: he returns to LA to see his daughter Hope. He still has a mean streak and a thing or two for Brooke. He is now active in real-estate and is quite successful at it.

Oscar: After Massimo’s death he becomes the Vice-President at Marone Industries and decides to wage war against Nick for the position of CEO. He still has feelings for Bridget and picks up the pieces for her went Dante leaves Bridget.

Rick: After a break from the company he decides to return at FC.

Gaby and Caitlin(I liked the original actresses, but I could live with recasts. For example Alexis Thorpe(Ex-Cassie Days)): Caitlin has returned from New York and meets up with Gaby. They decide to share a Penthouse in LA. Gaby discovers that she still has feelings for Thomas, but realizes she is not the only one. Caitlin is torn between her feeling for Rick and Thomas.

Save the best for last:

Amber: She will be re-introduced in Milan. FC is having troubles staying healthy. After Darla’s death Thorne throws himself at work and figures out that there is a designer working in Europe whose company is taking away FC’s market share. He takes Thomas, Ridge, and Eric to Milan where they figure out who the designer is behind the company Amora: Ambrosia Moore. Amber is changed a bit, she still has a hard edge and quite a mean streak. However, she has given up on obsession to become a mother. She has become a skilful businesswoman who speaks various languages including Spanish and Italian. Ridge makes her an offer she can’t refuse, she gets her own line and 4% of the shares in FC. She decides to return to LA.

Storm Logan: Attorney at Law. Is introduced when Stephanie tries to get FC back from Brooke. He will compete with Zach Hamilton. He also owns part(lets say 25%) of a newspaper and uses his influence there to run stories about Forrester cover-ups in the past.

Zach Hamilton: Also a lawyer. He is Stephanie’s legal adviser in the law suit against Brooke. He also defends his sister Taylor at her trial for the vehicular manslaughter of Darla. Zach is politically connected and owns another newspaper and nightclub. The rivalry with Storm goes into high gear

Note about Zach: since I’ve only watched since 1997 I don’t know(or remember) if Zach ever appeared on-screen. If not, I want TPTB to change his name to Craig, Robert, Andrew, Antony or Victor. These names would suite him better, but that’s just my two cents.

Couples I’d like to see:

Deacon/Brooke

Oscar/Bridget

Rick/Caitlin

Thomas/Amber or Gaby

• 5 months later...
  • Members

My 1st option to reviving B&B would be to cancel it. That way ex-fans/viewers can remember it's glory days (1987-1995).

My 2nd option would to revamping the writing team & promoting competent, creative people in the producing team. And a certain someone would be barred from the premises.

Head Writer: Patrick Mulcahey; Co-Head Writer: Frank South; Associate Head Writers: David Shaughnessy, Jim Houghton, John Chambers, Elizabeth Snyder; Breakdown Writers: Michael Minnis, John Chambers, Elizabeth Snyder, Jim Houghton; Script Writers: Patrick Mulcahey, Frank South, Jerry Birn, Jim Houghton, Tracey Ann Kelly, Rex M. Best, Candace Kirby; Story Editor: Charles Rosin; Story Consultant: Lee Phillip Bell

Executive Producer: David Shaughnessy or Rhonda Friedman

• Members

Even though B&B is far from perfect in the writing department, one thing I have ALWAYS admird about their team is the lack thereof. If you see the credits, there are only about four or five writers at MOST listed in the credits. I think a smaller writing team suffers a lot less from the micromanagement that exists in other teams today.

• Members

The first time this show ever acheived great excitement was when Kimberlin Brown arrived as Sheila. The only time this show ever has had exciting peaks through the years was with stories involving her. Bell should make a concerted effort to redeem her to an extent so that she can be long-term as she was in the 1990's and be able to interact with everyone again.

• Members

I'd bring in a new upstart Latino fashion house to compete with Forrester. I'd really invest in this new family and make them business rivals and love interests for the Forrester clan. That way we could get some diversity and end the psudeo incest that has been going on for far too long and made B&B a running joke.

Archived