The View: Barbara reprimands Elizabeth on air!

Cheap21

• Members

I'm sorry, but like it was said before, you can disagree you can even ridicule people, but when people are fighting for laws to control people's actions and lives, then yes you are butting into where you obviously don't belong.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well since i didn't see the show I won't say anything else about what happened......I still didn't like the way that barbara spoke to her, no matter what her view point was.......but as you pointed out i didn't see the whole clip.....so i will take your word for it :)

• Members

Well ain't this just an interesting topic.

I was raised Catholic but I was also taught to have a mind of my own.

No matter how much or how little I disagree with abortions, who the hell am I to tell someone else what they can and can't do with their body. I believe that a woman has a right to choose and that is HER right, not anyone elses.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, no matter how wrong they may be.

I'm sure there were plenty of people who thought slavery was right and if those people were still in control there would still be slavery going on in America and everyone wouldn't be treated the same way.

It's idiots who can't see any opinion but their own who !@#$%^&*] up America and shape the way this country is run.

• Members

This crap is getting old.

Elisabeth is very opinionated but she has to learn to shut up and keep her views to herself. Ranting, !@#$%^&*]ing and screaming doesn't get sympathy for her and only makes her look like an ass.

This isn't the first time she's gone off, every so often something new comes up on her.

• Members

Well, see the reality is, most do give the child up for adoption or choose to keep it. Despite what the radical pro-lifers believe, and please let me stress when I mean radical, I mean those that use children to block doors to abortion clinics and think abortion is murder but killing doctors who do the procedures is justifiable homicide, not to mention showing pics of dead fetuses on highways, not every woman who has been raped or sexually abused by relatives and gets pregnant aborts the child. Most victims of sexual violence do carry the baby to term.

But still, women should have the option of terminating the pregnancy if it's a result of rape and incest. I don't think anyone should use their religious beliefs to force rape victims to have their baby because it goes against THEIR beliefs. If they are so adament they have the baby, they should offer to adopt it. I also feel the same towards women who will die unless their pregnancy is terminated, or the child will be so deformed that a normal life isn't possible.

The decision to abort should be between the parents and their family. Not the church, and not the government.

But back to The View---Elisabeth sees everything in black and white, in absolutes, and that is more dangerous to think like that than those of us who believe in birth control and abortion. You've got to be objective and look at different situations. What works for one won't work for another. Luckily she is married and has a pretty good life. Many women aren't so lucky. She needs to realize that. Good for Barbara and Joy for realizing it too.

• Members

Hell must've frozen over, because, even though I disagreed with Bitsy, she made very good points and stood up for her fellow Conservatives. And even though Barbara "OWNED" Bitsy, I felt bad for her when they came back from commercial break and it was so obvious she had been crying. Because, Lord knows if I was on THE VIEW(and I would kill to be a panelist), I would probably just as expressive as the rest of those women. And Barbara and Joy yell JUST as much as Bitsy does.

When Barbara consoled her and told her they like her and her passion for things, I was like, "Awwww!" But Barbara DID make a good point though: they have got to talk to each other without yelling over each other.

Hell, me and my group of college friends do that ALOT outside of the campus coffeeshop, talk about sex, politics, and drugs and we agree with each other sometimes. We talk over each other sometimes. We run people away from their tables with our gratuitious sex talks, etc. I think that is why I enjoy THE VIEW so much. Probably moreso in college than I did in Jr. High and HS. Because in college, everyone has an opinion and everyone comes from different backgrounds and views.

I just LOVE opinion shows. I like how people talk about the issues in the media, in the news. I like that there is a forum for people to watch these shows. With POLITICALLY INCORRECT off the air(yeah, I know Bill Maher's got the HBO show, but it ain't the same. Plain and simple.). THE VIEW, IMO, is the pretty much network TV's only place to see a group of people together hashing out a topic.

People always rag on THE VIEW, but think about it: THE VIEW tries to do a social service by educating and informing its audience. Yeah, they do fluff pieces, interviews, and entertainment. But THE VIEW tries to be as versatile as possible, in guests, topics, and co-hosts. I think ABC made a wise choice with that show. A lot more informative and fun than THE MIKE AND MATY SHOW(GAG ME AWFUL) or the talk show with the ladies from the sitcom MOMMIES.

My only concern with THE VIEW is that with Rosie coming on this fall, that the show will lose its edge. I mean, painting the set is already a shark jump. Why does the set need to have purple walls?

I want the show to still have Hot Topics. No Koosh Ball throwing or dry monologues. Because this is THE VIEW, not ROSIE.

• Members

First of all, i am not for or against abortion or the morning after pill. I just wanted to point out how easy it is for everyone to point out that there is no excuse to have an abortion or use the morning after pill when the majority have not gotten pregnant in an unwanted way. Its easy for someone here that has never been raped and gotten pregnant to say that that child is still a blessing, to many women in that situation it is just a constant reminder to what happened. Look at the soaps, how many times has a woman been raped and then ended up pregnant? All im saying is that its easy to judge from the outside.

• Members

Elisabeth acts like everyone should agree with her, and when they don't, she's totally shocked and gets so offended because people have different opinions.

As for the morning after pill, I feel that if I don't want to be pregnant, I don't have to be. Stuff happens: the pill is over 99% effective, but there's the rare occasion when it doesn't work. Condoms break and aren't 100% effective against pregnancy anyway. It's not the government's decision to control my body. The female body is so crazy. IMO, I don't think men (who happen to make up the majority of gov't officials) will ever realize how complicated it is for us. Why don't they create a universial health care system if they're that concerned with what people do with their bodies? It's the same with the anti-sodomy laws. Why the hell does the government care so much? There are other, more important issues than the fact that people have sex. People have sex. The downside is that sex is what creates unwanted pregnancies, but that has been happening since the beginning of time, so why would it stop now?

The only type of abortion that I'm sort of opposed to is a third trimester abortion (unless the mother's health is at risk). It's only because obviously a baby can't survive at the first and most of the second trimester (and even though babies do survive in the 5th and 6th months, there are way too many risks and complications) but once you get to the 7th and 8th month, their survival rates are a lot higher. That's when I would think that that's an actual living thing...when it can survive without being in the woman's body without major health concerns. Also, the fact that third trimester abortions used to be performed as partial abortions (I think that was illegalized, but I'm not sure) was what I objected to the most.

In theory, adoption is the ideal solution, but as a woman, I wouldn't want to go through 9 months of a pregnancy and then have to give up the baby in the end. Also, the adoption system in the US is severely flawed. There are a lot of people who want to adopt, but it's too strict. In most cases you have to have a lot of money and be a heterosexual white married couple in order to adopt in this country, which is complete BS.

Having a baby is a life-changing event, and most of the time, the baby is left to the care of the mother. A man can deny that he's the father of a baby, but can a woman do the same? You have to be in the right moment in your life to have a baby. There are so many babies born into awful families, with parents who aren't ready to raise them, and as a result, they're the ones who suffer the most. I know several girls who have had abortions, and I just cannot imagine how their lives would be if they hadn't made that decision.

There is a downside to abortion, if you look in India and China, where the male to female ratio is nowhere near 1:1. Since most people abort or get rid of female fetuses and babies, you're basically looking at a gender genocide. But again, this is a result of a GOVERNMENT REGULATION, and not society.

• Members

I'm not ridiculing anyone. I'm rather civil for this type of discussion.

And no, again, as a FORMER FETUS, I'm NOT butting in where I don't belong.

Well, guess what? I have experienced a hard life. Not money wise, but in ways you can't even imagine. And I can't wait to make it better. So yeah, it's true. Obviously, life is better than no life.

Exactly, Ryan, and one day, I hope, people will look back and realize, 'Wow, just like slavery, we were SO heartless to think that abortion was right.'

And yeah, people are going to disagree with that right now.

Let's see if that's true in 50 years. The tide is turning, you know..

• Members
Tell that to the baby who'll be born addicted to drugs, or the baby who'll have such severe deformities that there's virtually no chance for it to see its first birthday. Honestly, give me oblivion over severe pain.

DO. NOT. GO. THERE.

• Members

I haven't formulated a 'legal' position on that yet. Meaning, what I believe the law should be, as opposed to my own personal views. And perhaps Bree could argue rape or incest under legal terms, I wouldn't agree, but I will put my foot down on this abortion-on-demand crap. Because yeah, the by far, vast majority of abortions aren't procured for rape or incest...Frankly selfish reasons account for that majority.

Archived