The View: Barbara reprimands Elizabeth on air!

Cheap21

• Members

anyone see the show this morning? LOL...as usual Elizabeth got into one of her rants again. The hot topic was about the morning after pill and plans to make it over the counter. Elizabeth opposed this and was out of line with the way she handled herself as Joy tried to discuss it with her. She got so bad that Barbara had to tell her to calm herself down and that its alright to have different opinions but theres a way to get it across without going crazy and exploding. Throughout this Elizabeth wouldnt shut up and Babs had to say "would you stop now?" She even had the nerve to tattle on Joy by saying "Joy was also speaking" What is she 10? She acted like a 10 year old and thats exactly how Barbara treated her. LOL...I loved it

I didnt catch the entire segment but I got the part where Barbara tries to shut her up. Here's the YouTube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mchPdvZeSz4

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG. You're kidding me.

Seriously, the controversial "creatures" comment and other shenanigans surrounding Mo'Nique's appearance; the anti-Mel gibson remarks; and now, this.

Babs is either a crazy, off-her-rocker, out-of-control senior citizen, or she's trying to score HUGE buzz marks for her show because it's the talk of the town!

Dammit.

• Members

Somebody needs to build a time machine and send Elisabeth back to the 50s, where her mind is.

The other ones aren't so great either. Barbara is a grouchy old fart!@#$%^&*] and Joy is a loudmouth. Star was just an annoying diva, but she's gone.

And they still wan't Rosie on there? She's going to outyell them all!

• Members

If you hate Elisabeth, someone should post the clips of her on Survivor when she cried every two minutes, and her hair was falling out because of malnutrition.

This isn't "eliminating life," Elisabeth. It's like spermacide, a few hours later. God, if I had a uterus, the violent acts I would inflict on her!

• Members

Well, I just got off lunch so I may be confusing this pill with something else. If it works after conception, then yes, Elisabeth is right, in the Conservative view, that this is a threat to forming life. I can't wait until I get home and view the clip. I hope these ladies didn't pounce on her because - gasp! - Bitsy challenged the Gloria Steinem wannabes and spoke in favor of her pro-life view.

• Members

Elizabeth was out of line. It wasnt even an argument; it was just her yelling. Barbera opened up the subject by reading the headline and Elizabeth immediately jumped on it and started ranting. Joy then tried to offer different viewpoints. She was like what if the girl was raped, what if their was incest, what if she was 12? She wasnt even giving her opinion, just thinking about alternative scenarios. Elizabeth wasnt hearing it and it was as if her viewpoint was the only one valid at the table. She got so loud that Barbera had no other choice but stop her bc she wouldnt shut up. Elizabeth showed how immature and classless she was with that tirade. It was very ugly

• Members

The morning-after pill was always described to me more as a post-coital spermacide as opposed to a "life-eliminator" - unless I've been told wrong, which is possible.

This is from Wikipedia....

Emergency contraception (EC) (also known as Emergency Birth Control (EBC), the morning-after pill, or postcoital contraception) refers to measures, that if taken after sex, may prevent a pregnancy.

Forms of EC include:

Emergency contraceptive pill —referred to simply as "emergency contraception," "ECPs," or "ECs", or "morning-after pill" —are hormones that act both to prevent ovulation or fertilisation, or perhaps the subsequent implantation of a fertilised egg (zygote). ECPs are not to be confused with chemical abortion methods that act after implantation has occurred.

Intrauterine devices (IUDs) - usually used as a primary contraception method, but sometimes used as emergency contraception.

As opposed to regular methods of contraception, ECs are considered for use in occasional cases only, for example in the event of contraceptive failure. Since they act before implantation, they are considered medically and legally to be forms of contraception. However, some who are anti-abortion define pregnancy as beginning with fertilisation, so they consider EC to be a form of abortion.

• Members

The morning after pill was being given to rape victims in hospitals to prevent pregnancy. I think that's a good thing. I don't think it's a "murder pill" at all. It's preventing fertlization, not aborting a fetus. But to those that believe that life begins after a swimmer has reached an egg and the man pulls out, using any type of contraception is murder. If we can stop one less pregnancy that results in an abandoned, unwanted baby or even worse, one that dies as a result of that abandonment because of this pill, I'm for it becoming legal.

• Members

Good for Barbara. Although her recent remarks to Mo'Nique were WAY outta line, I totally side with Barbara. Elizabeth took it WAY to far and acted very immature and absolutely like she had no control WHAT SO EVER. When things get out of control, I think it is good for someone to step in and take control and tell everyone to cool it and CLEARLY Elizabeth needed it.

Archived