Who are the hot young stars of today?

King

• Members

Who do you guys think have the chops and staying power to be the next big names in Hollywood for the next 10-20 years? And beyond?

I am going to have to throw Rachel MacAdams at the top of the list for me. There's a lot of crappy under 30 people floating around in Hollywood today and being throw in our faces, but this girl can ACT her BUTT off. She's great. I didn't always love her, but once I opened my mind up about her and watched her movies again, wow! She's great.

I am not sure who else I would put on the list quite yet...I would probably say the Gyllenhal's, as well.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would say Kirsten Dunst. I know that she is up and down, but I really like her and I think if she can get the right roles she can be just as popular as she once was.

Julia Stiles is another I think might have staying power.

I once thought Bryce Dallas Howard but she has not lived up to her early promise.

Jessica Alba has promise.

Jake Gyllenhaal definitely will be around. I think the success of some of his movies and esp. Brokeback have secured him a spot.

Heath Ledger who is 27 this year definitely qualifies.

Kate Hudson I think will make a comeback. She was early on the front runner of the under 30 crowd, but has fallen off some in the last few years. I think she will be around for a long time.

Two maybes are Sarah Michelle Gellar and Orlando Bloom. Sarah is a very talented actress and could be even more popular than she has been. She needs to make bettter choices in movie parts though.

Orlando is a very good actor too, and very popular thanks to the LOTR trilogy.

• Members

I agree about all these actors, and I will include Tobey Maguire. Not only does he make a good Spiderman, he can do dramatic roles as well.

Dakota Fanning may only be 11, but if she keeps doing what she's doing, she will be a force to reckon with in her 20s.

• Members

Dakota Fanning really reminds me of Jodie Foster when she was around that age...I remember being really young and watching one of Jodie Foster's movies when she was younger....I look at Dakota Fanning and am reminded of Jodie Foster....I think if she sticks with it, she'll be awesome.

• Members

Grady: What do we have here? This looks like... that's our old friend Mr. Codeine. That should take the old pinch out of the ankle. Want one?

James: No, thanks. I'm fine without them.

Grady: Right! That's why you were standing in the chancellor's backyard spinning that "cap gun" of yours. You're fine. Yeah, you're just as fit as a fuckin' fiddle!

James: Now, that is a big trunk. It holds a tuba, a suitcase, a dead dog, and a garment bag almost perfectly.

Grady: Besides, I'm not sure if he's, umm...

Crabtree: He is, I'm sure, take my word for it. I see myself in him.

Grady: Oh, I'm sure you do.

Archived