Favorite Music Diva

WTGH

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Favorite Album Track Never Released? Till The End of Time from the Emotions album.

Other favorite non-releases are All I Ever Wanted, Just to Hold You Once Again, Vanishing, And You Don't Remember, The Wind, You're So Cold, Prisoner, All Alone in Love, Looking In, Open Arms, The Beautiful Ones(with Dru Hill), Outside, Close My Eyes, Against All Odds, How Much(w/Usher), Lead the Way, Want You(w/Eric Benet), I Only Wanted, Clown(take that, Eminem!), The One(So So Def Remix), Your Girl. And probably more too. ETA: like Whenever You Call solo AND with Brian McKnight.

Absolutely loved her B-side that were never featured on her US albums. For me, Everything Fades Away was probably better than anything off of Music Box. And that was a stellar album. Do You Think of Me was pretty good too.

Mariah's BEST stuff, IMO, is the stuff that was never released as singles. But then again, I ADORE ballads, so my list of favorite songs is very ballad-heavy.

• Members

My all-time favorite diva is the divine Donna Summer.

She has been singing and touring for over 30 years, and her voice is just as good, if not better, than it was when she started out in the 70s. I saw her in concert in 2003 and she didn't disappoint.

Bad Girls, Hot Stuff, Macarthur Park, She Works Hard for the Money are classic, and her live concert album from NYC in 2000 is excellent.

Long live Donna!!!

• Members

Mariah sucks and Whitney is overrated. Dolly's I Will Always Love You is so much better than that oversung, poorly produced piece of trash released by Crackney! But I do love her as a crackhead, she's probably my favorite crackhead ever.

BTW Bree, Donna IS great. I haven't heard enough of her stuff, but I do have her SAW produced album on my computer and I lobsterlove it. I need to get some of her albums!!

My favorite divas are in this order...

1. Kylie Minogue

fotoskylie.jpg

2. La Toya Jackson

102578.jpg

3. Joni Mitchell

Joni-Mitchell-Photograph.jpg

Rounding out my top five are Dolly Parton and Carly Simon! Fierce!

• Members

I agree with Chris (!): I am not a fan of Mariah by any stretch of the imagination.

My favorite diva is Madonna, by far. I own every album, most of the singles, and I've loved her for years.

Other all-time favorites are Janet Jackson, Joni Mitchell, Tori Amos, Kate Bush, Jewel, Tracy Chapman, Sarah McLachlan, and the divine Siouxsie Sioux.

• Members

Mine are (sorry can't narrow down to just one):

1) Linda Ronstadt

2) Olivia Newton-John

3) Dolly Parton

4) Loretta Lynn

5) Connie Smith

6) Donna Summer

7) Aretha Franklin

8) Reba McEntire

9) Pat Benatar

10) Shania Twain

11) Cher

12) Diana Ross

13) Carly Simon

14) Tammy Wynette

15) Celine Dion

16) Barbra Streisand

17) Judy Garland

18) Joni Mitchell

19) Doris Day

20) Patsy Cline

• Members

One is just to tough, How about a list? :lol:

Pop/Rock

#1 Debbie Harry

dharry.jpg

#2 Annie Lennox

sannie.jpg

#3 Cyndi Lauper

cyndi.jpg

#4 Tina Turner

tina.jpg

#5 Marianne Faithfull

mariannefaithfull.jpg

#6 Cher

cher.jpg

#7 Carly Simon

carly.jpg

#8 Courtney Love

love.jpg

#9 Bette Midler

bette.jpg

#10 Stevie Nicks

stevie.jpg

#1 Loretta Lynn

loretta.jpg

#2 Dolly Parton

dolly.jpg

#3 Tamy Wynette

tammy.jpg

#4 Patsy Cline

patsy.jpg

#5 Reba McEntire

reba.jpg

• Administrator

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 5 2006, 03:24 PM)

1. Kylie Minogue

fotoskylie.jpg

Wow that's a hot picture!! :wub:

Do you what performance this was? Was is the MTV Europe Awards or the Brit Awards? What was the one with her and Justin Timberlake?

Archived