DAYS: Two Popular actors return this summer!

• Members

On a completely superficial note: I hate when people call Steve "Patch". Did anyone on the show actually call him that? Kayla called him Steve, Jack, Adrienne, Jennifer, Roman(John), Shane, Bo, I could go on called him Steve, Jo called him Stevie. Sorry, that just has always bugged me.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Stephen first started, he was called Patch. But, when he was signed to a contract, they gave him a full name, and the Patch name was dropped for Steve.

Steve Johnson is a rather ordinary name. I guess it was thought of on the fly. But IA with you. I didn't, and haven't, called him Patch.

• Members

Well, to write for four (or even three) supercouples at once, that´s crazy. And we don´t know what is the real backstage politics. This could be very well Corday´s last minute ratings stunt to save the show and there is no story prepared at all. Even worst, maybe it is the same case like when Corday had hired Ashford against Langan´s will and it was very visible on the show for another year how he really didn´t want him there. Article in mags is one thing, but we don´t know what is Reilly´s real reaction on it. He could be very well pissed because Corday is messing up his story outlines for second part of the year.

So I´m cautiously happy and even interested in what will happen, but I´m not having my hopes up much yet. I would certainly be much happier if this news was combined with a news about Reilly´s departure. That case I would be in extasy.

• Members

Amen!!

From about February 1996 to December 1997, DAYS was a solid No. 2 without any interference from B&B, GH, or AMC (those 3 were always duking it out for No. 3 back then). I think in 2002 when DAYS's ratings averaged between a 3.5 - 3.9, B&B was still in the lower 4's at the time, therefore putting DAYS at No. 3 for the most part.

Well, the 80's are definitely trying their damndest to make a comeback! My purposely ripped jeans are proof of that :lol: I'll never understand those arm bands though. Thank goodness that's passed already :)

Damn, if only Guiding Light had a budget, they'd hop on the bandwagon too. As it is, GL is behind on trends. Just now are they considering a gay storyline. That is *so* last year! :lol:

As much as we all love Vivian, I don't think a return would make much buzz. Her character and Ivan were pretty much island characters for the last few years they were on, and when they left town there was barely a mention of it by the rest of the town. I remember John mentioning it once to a few people at dinner at Tuscany, and that was it.

I would definitely love to see Vivian/Louise Sorel return though.

It's been said that Melissa Reeves misses 'the old Days of our Lives' and hasn't enjoyed her second run nearly as much. I'm guessing the latter years of her second stint have only made matters worse. P&K's return would certainly open up a wealth of story opportunity for her, though.

Corday would never get rid of Deidre Hall and Deidre has every intention of staying until it's no longer on the air.

With Crystal Chappell itching to leave GL, wouldn't it be a scream if Lawrence AND Carly returned?!? Ahh!!! Crystal Chappell in Salem!!! Weee

• Members

I happen to be in the latter category. I am a HUGE fan of Patch and Kayla and they deserve the best. I am a huge Christie Clark fan too, but JERk has resorted to craptacular storylines for her that are an embarrassment. I will watch to see how their return unfolds, but in all honesty, I have no respect for JERk and he has proven that he has no respect for veterans (see J&J). And I don't think I'm alone here.

I wholeheartedly agree Gray. Vivian was great and is missed but her character does not still resonate to such a large degree among fans as P & K.

• Members

Weee! This thread is more fun than the show itself right now! As it aired, most of my attention was focused on reading this thread. There was a long recreated scenario with Jenn and Jack, with Jack dressed up as a woman. Why didn't they use real flashbacks? Jack did drag years ago in the early 90's. Whatever... back to the discussion!

• Members

Am I the one who is curious to how similar this description is to how many people said the best way to re-integrate Jack into the show, once discovered alive? Even when he first died, Steve being on the island was the BIGGEST speculation.

• Members

Even though Thom Racina has moved on to writing novels, shouldn’t Corday at least try to bring back Sheri Anderson and Leah Laiman to head write Days? Since they were responsible for a lot of the great Steve and Kayla stories. I remember Stephen Nichols said in a mini interview from the 30th Days anniversary SOD issue that he would come back as long as Patch’s personality would return to being of someone who grew up on the streets. I think Nichols said that he was disappointed at the direction that his character went towards the end of his Days run with Steve becoming a cop.

• Members

Wow does anyone have the rest of May sweeps?

I don't think Patch will just be wheeled in as a donor. I think the doctors will run a search and find a match and the match will be Patch which will then set in motion the find Patch tale. Perhaps Patch's memory was erased and he has been running around all this time and then the doctors manage to track him down. Maybe Jack is going to be the only one to see him?

Or maybe the figure that SOD is speaking of is Kayla and Patch will return soon after. Corday is saying its hush hush so there is alot more to it then just him being a donor even though I think he will be.

I think its hilarious that a few weeks ago we were all speculating about a big ABC announcement that the mags were told to hold a cover for. We wondered if it was casting news or something. Maybe all this time it was NBC with the big news and Days asking SOD to hold the cover even though SOD probably would have put them on it as usual anyway.

What a surprise :lol: . You never seem to disappoint me xDaysaddict. Glad you will be at least tuning in!!

Archived