DAYS: Two Popular actors return this summer!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

in regards to the past couple weeks, there has been way too much Bo, Hope, Billie, Chelsea and Patrick for my taste..I like the story, but its been on everday...And the conversations are getting very repeative....Personally i like chelsea as a schemer, so i'm not liking the new twist of her wanting to come clean about her schemes..And i could care less about Patricks backstory..He's been on the show how long? personally its a little too late...

Also not a jennifer and frankie fan, so they've been boring..This story is not going to get interesting for me until jack gets back next month..

Shawn, Mimi, Belle--never thought i'd say it..but i really miss them..They have really been backburned since the wedding..And that was my favorite story...

Sami, Lucas, Austin, Carrie is moving too fast..But i like all the performers, so its okay for me...Just not much action to keep me glued to the tv..

Finally, we've hardly seen john, marlena, alex since the wedding..Weren't they supposed to go on the honeymoon the day after? They haven't left yet..But after reading the may sweeps spoilers..this story is really going to pick up..FINALLY...

SO thank god for Patch and Kayla to cheer me up about Days..

• Members

I've got to say, for the first time in quite a while, I am excited about DAYS.

Yeah, I'm salivating at the prospect of a Jack/Steve reunion. I remember the scenes between SN and Matt Ashford in the 1980s, and if we have a repeat of that onscreen chemistry, DAYS will be [!@#$%^&*] brilliant!

Is it too much to hope that Matt Ashford will renew his contract, and even Missy changes her mind about leaving?

:D

• Members

Yeah the Bope story has been on alot but Hope and Patrick were barely on the last few weeks of March and I think Days wants to show us that they aren't just going to go breakup Bope and that will be it. Its nice that Hope is thinking about things and not just rushing into anything and I like how natural Days is playing out her relationship with Patrick. Patrick's past should have been revealed a while back but I think they wanted to wait until the right moment and it really is right now. It really adds to the story and his connection to Alex should be interesting. The conversations are necessary to be realistic about the breakup of a marriage. The Chelsea twist won't last long I don't think but I like it and liked her battle with Kate today. Days wants to keep the character around so I think they are trying to show she has a heart but I am sure she will be back to brat soon.

The Sami/Austin/Carrie/Lucas stuff is moving fast but I prefer it that way and it does make sense given everyone here is hurting. It has its gross moments but I like the pace and Lexie being involved makes me love it.

John/Marlena/Alex should not have been back burnered because that is why this tale never was as good as it could have been. They took too many breaks with this. I like it but its been dragged a little too much. Can't wait for the pace to pick up beginning with tomarrow.

Love Abe/Tek/Lexie/Celeste and Jen and Frankie I like too when its on but it definitely will be better once Steve and Kayla return. I am happy they back-burnered Belle/Shawn/Mimi/Phillip. They were front burner for like a year-time for a break. I love the balance on the show right now.

I guess its up to what your taste is. I don't want all action all the time and I think months like this are necessary. Days has been so action packed for the first 3 months that I think we were spoiled. They used April to setup May and the summer so I am all for it. Its been one big event after another from Zach's death to all the reveals of who did what and who lied to Shimi's wedding to Marlena/Alex. I mean it hasn't been bad but it has not been as fantastic as the 3 months preceding it. The show is definitely consistent and has been good for the first 4 months of the year and this news makes it even better. Patch and Kayla is what the show needs to get everyone's attention and bring the show to the next level. Today's show was the first show in two weeks where I felt Days going back to the pace it was before this slow period so things are looking up.

• Members

Here's a post from Mary Beth Evan's...

I am so excited to return to my roots in daytime. Seeing everyone at the 40th anniversary reminded me how much I love that group of people; they really are like family. Stephen and I have always felt we wanted to tell more of the Patch and Kayla story. We love these characters and love working with each other. This a rare opportunity that hopefully will be great. I can't wait to get started and see what the writers have in store for us! I hope everyone tunes in and that they are as happy as we are.

Mary Beth

http://marybethevans.com/FanForum/viewtopic.php?t=140

• Members

I also would like for them to address Marcus and Jo. Now that Richard Biggs and Joy Garrett have both passed away, it is my feeling that both characters should be killed, seeing as they were both alive (to the best of my memory) the last time Steve was in salem.

• Members

I think she has an idea...she has commented in

the past how different Days is now from what it used to be.

It could be she loves the cast/work environment/coworkers

so much that the material is kind of a secondary consideration?

Or maybe she knows something we don't about what is

coming (here's hoping)

Ok I can't remember what post I saw this in...someone referred to

MBE as a "milf" I gotta know what that is ??

• Members

MBE and SN would never come back if they felt the story and writing for them was not gonna be true to their characters and history. Its the way they are and that is why I know this won't flop. There is no way they would sign on without knowing what they were getting into and approving it, especially SN who got screwed at GH in that regard when he returned.

Archived