DAYS: Two Popular actors return this summer!

• Members

Holy crap ... can anyone truly confirm Missy re-signed!?

But I did read some bad news ... LOL. Over on Michael Bruno's page (god what a pimp fest to himself; hate him), he claims Josh Taylor signed a new "multi-year" (In reality probably 3 years) contract. UGH. Apologies to Josh but he'll never be Roman. Especially after Wayne's fantastic return.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show has not used him worth crap for the last six months (to the best of my memory). Roman is a vital character. Maybe he isn't Roman. Because if he is, they should start using him.

But no matter what, either Wayne or Drake could play that role, not him. He will always be Chris K. to me.

• Members

Exactly, Roman. After seeing Josh as Chris in the Bo/Hope through the years marathon on SoapNet, he rocked as Chris. He's just not Roman.

Josh has been barely used for at least the past six months. I can't really see that changing. He's now a supporting player, which is fine, but IMO, Roman has always been a LEAD character (when played by the right actor).

• Members

That is great news about Steve. Looks like we are gonna get one good story out of this. I always dreamed of him not remembering whp he is and then Kayla finding him. Beautiful.

I knew Missy wasn't gone yet and now with this news I just can't see her leeaving. Its too good to pass up sp this keeps getting better and better.

As for Josh Taylor, he will never be Roman but he isn't horrible. He can act and the character of Roman is needed and I am assuming he will play a critical role in the Steve/Kayla story. Plus, Taylor is buddies with Corday so you know right then he wasn't going to leave unless he chose to.

• Members

Ashley Banson said on her site this week that Missy is leaving.

also,someone at a fan event posted that Drake H. said Matt resigned a new contract. intersting.

thanks for posting the spoiler.I am guessing we will see steve falling in love with someone,so we could have an exciting new triangle? cant wait.Days is gonna rock! ;)

• Members

Actually Ashley said that a few weeks ago-the same week it was on SOW. This news is coming out today so that is why we are waiting for confirmation because I have gone to like 3 sites and they are all saying Missy resigned. If its true about Matt and if you throw in SN and MBE I find it hard to beleive Missy will leave.

Also, let's not assume this is a triangle. It may not be. I do think it would be interesting if he was married and had this whole other life. It would be pretty damn realistic too.

Yes, Days is going to rock. :D

• Members

there are a lot of interesting things happening backstage at Days right now..

Missy Leaving?

Matt staying??

Stephen and MBE back...

Josh Taylor staying?

Wayne leaving...

This new ashley character, who might be stefanie....

• Members

Well, maybe the news about a re-sign... the original poster got Matt and Missy confused ... and meant Matt?

If it's true Matt re-signed then that is fantastic! YAY!

And if he did re-sign, I really do feel we will get a Jennifer recast.

• Members

Yeah same here. If Drake said it he wouldn't lie. Its not like him and if Matt is staying I still think there is a good chance of him talking Missy into staying given all this news. If not, we will get a recast.

I looked at the post on NBC.com and it says she resigned for an undisclosed length of time and its in the new SOW so maybe its in the 5/2/06 issue or its going to be in the new issue for 5/9/06 and someone got it early like some do on Monday's. Perhaps she signed on to play out the Jack/Jennifer/Frankie story and the Steve and Kayla story or maybe they worked out a deal for her to go back and forth or something.

• Members

I'm torn on a jennifer recast..If you all remember the last jennifer recast "Stefanie Cameron" was not very good..But in Days defense they scrambled to recast that role in like Days after Missy quit before her contract was up..

At least Days would have a long time to find the right actress for Jennifer..But in my oppinon that right actress is Missy Reeves..

• Members

I know but it would be realistic and would nott be forced at all. I mean it would be interesting and a nice story to have Kayla fight for Steve's love and help him remember. Then he would have to choose between his old life and new one and that could be vert emotional and great to watch-its something the current Days would do and it would work.

• Members

I'm thinking its Kayla who might have the new love interest..I mean Patch has been "dead" for what 16 years...I hope Kaylas gotten some action over the years, because if not then DAMMM..Remember that British male casting call we got, maybe Kayla's love interest??? Who just happens to be a doctor.. for JAck...hmmm

• Members

Uh..not even close. Steve has been lost and presumed dead and my idea was to have him married with a family and basically having this whole new life out of Salem. The Marlena story was a delving into her past and was far more about simply keeping John and her apart. That story did not work because they kept dropping it and the pacing sucked. If it kept up with its momentum in the beginning it would have worked better.

The idea would work great for Days in regards to Steve and Kayla and the drama involved would be great.

Yeah that is fine too. I mean it has been along time. Perhaps she is with someone else and that is why Stephanie is away from her mother. She may feel hurt or not like the guy her mother is with and that is why she joined the race car circuit. I only came up with my theory because of the TV Guide spolier but there are so many ways to go with this.

Archived