DAYS: Two Popular actors return this summer!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My thought is JER hates 80s supercouples, he's not nearly as good a writer as he was 10+ years ago, but...

their ending was good set up for this return. The dead husband and all. What DAYS needs to do is bring Kayla back first and let the audience care again about her situation and Patch/Kayla, flashbacks, because you have an audience 16 years removed or so. I could see wondeful adventures stories out of this if JER wasn't at the helm, but you never know.

Do I think MBE/SN is a automatic Rating getter? Not really, because 16 years removed and man that GH thing they tried to re-create was s**t, but different show and different characters - 100%. But if NBC advertises hard, this might do something nice for DAYS ratings because again the death set-up (for return from the dead) was great.

Let's just hope they don't say Patch is Stefano or some crazy crap like that, or say do to them what they've done to Jack/Jennifer and every other couple, lol, there's a lot of room here to just go classic formula with everybody.

• Members

I can see JER making the generation who loved P&K hate them and their return and make the generations who have never seen them love them! :lol:

Corday and some of the staff will have to help JER here. JER didn't write for the show when they were there, and there's only so much you can get from text recaps. Corday has to get him some old tapes or something. This is one case where I would not mind Corday or Wyman or Nichols or Evans or SOMEONE having some creative input here.

• Members

ICAM! I mean the set-up for this is already in place, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE not to sell a simple, yet extremly classically entertaining story. Of course with JER, I know there will some pretty crazy twists along the way, and that is toally fine because his twists CAN be great...but ultimetly the set for their return is almost better than any other past characters on DAYS.

Perhaps Corday needs to get some writing help for him. It would hurt hiring a strong writer or past headwriter from that time to help out.

• Members

It will be great Having them back in Salem and the show again. I really hope JERk wont mess this up,however I dont really have much faith in him - hopefully I am wrong.

Corday being exicted means nothing.this is the same person who "cried" when he read the Jack/Jennifer crappy hospital reunion :lol: unless he meant he cried at how bad it was.

I cant wait to see Steve/Jack in scenes together! and I agree they really need to make Judie Evens Adrianne. It will be stupid to keep her as Bonnie IMO

• Members

Billy Warlock, Evans, Nichols all insulted JER's writing during the mid-90s, correctly so, so it always amuses and shocks me to see them coming back when he's head-writer - KC must be rolling in the green stuff and giving it away.

My biggest experience with both SN/MBE was on GH. Hated them as a couple there (but again totally diferent characters, I had never liked Katherine), but man I thought SN's was magic as Stefan Cassadine (until that pairing). I do have Patch tapes from the 80s thanks to my old DAYS buds, so that's the bulk of my S/K experience, but I know the history, DAYS was actually #1 for a week or a few weeks surrounding their wedding and it was DAYS highest rated episode(s) ever.

I definitely hope KC doesn't give JER too much free-range here, because it's really too good an opportunity to let him screw up. DAYS could do some damage to GH if they play this card well, I see them maybe getting 3rd place for a long streak if it's written (and advertised) well - if the story is there, which it is, but again how JER will use "that story" is another story.

• Members

Step back, I am about to orgasm......

Now that I have cleaned up my mess, this is AWESOME news! I am still having a hard time believing this!

I almost didnt come to the computer lab because I was tired, but I am so glad I did! As much as we bash Ken Corday, we have to give him props this time around. This is huge for all DAYS fans.

My only small gripe is JEL is playing Bonnie and not Adrienne. I hope somehow this will be redone, I would overlook a Bonnie recast(or have her leave town with Connor) and have JEL play Adrienne.

I dont see MA going anywhere now, the SL possibilities are endless as so many of you have said. Hopefully Missy will agree to stay now, this is without a doubt a SL for J/J and Patch and Kayla.

About that casting call for a guy with a British accent, maybe he will be cast as the new Shane Donovan, since CS wont return.

I can see DAYS going back to #2 in the ratings and going back and forth with B&B like the show was in 2002, during the babyswitch SL. And DAYS will surely be back at #1 in the 18-49 demo, ice cream will be handed out every week, WOO HOO!

• Members

Yeah Mitch it was sad about Patsy. She wanted to come back so bad permanently but she was great about coming on for short term visits. I still think she could return despite everything but I guess they would probably recast. I just wonder if there are more returns because of the British man casting call (paging Shane :) ). We shall see.

• Administrator

Anyone have the Corday quote from the end of 2005 where he says that he has a ace up his sleeve and it will shock everyone in the industry???

Damn, I love the excitement in this thread. It's good to be a DAYS fan right now. I LOVE IT!!! :)

• Members

True, I wasnt sure exactly but I knew for a fact DAYS did in 2002. I loved it too, hopefully DAYS can get back up near B&B, a soap in which i find the worst out of all 9 soaps, well that and AMC.

True, in fact just write out the Lockharts, even Mimi.

Archived