DAYS: Two Popular actors return this summer!

• Members

I hear ya Mitch. I had all about given up watching Days until I read this news. Now I have to start watching again. Bringing back fan faves, especially ones at the caliber that SN and MBE are at, is amazing, and smart. GH is doing it too. Its what the fans want. And I can say for sure that I'm happy that after 17 years of watching the show, the show could become like it was in its heyday. I just wish they would bring Sheri back in one form or the other. Then I'd be happier than a pig in s**t! :D

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is she changing her name to Melissa Smith too? ;)

Doesn't Lisa Trusel (ex-Melissa Horton) live in Nashville too?

*Only* time? History books show there was one year in the 70's when ATWT, DAYS, and AW tied for No. 1 for yearly averages, which means there had to be quite a few weeks in that year when DAYS was No. 1.

• Members

Wow people are at the Goldderby site (which usually bashes Days) are calling this the biggest casting news in recent memory!! A poster over there said that in SOD it says the return story will involve alot of cast members. I smell big summer adventure story. Wasn't there a rumor awhile a go about a boat cruise? I can see it now. One of JER's classic theme stories like "Aremid" or "Maison Blanche" and half the cast is on a boat. Kayla returns to Salem and goes on the cruise. This cruise may also be big for several other stories too. Patch is a mysterious figure on the boat and maybe Jack is there too. Just an idea based on rumors. I have a feeling Days wil make a huge event out of this.

As far as cast cuts, let's remember Wayne will most likely leave in July and Brandt only signed short term. Plus, Judi Evans' contract is up this summer so maybe they will switch her and make her Adrienne or maybe she will leave for a bit and return as Adrienne. I wonder how the casting call for a British man plays into this? Will they bring Jo and Vern back for this?

Damn...my mind is racing :lol: .

• Members

First LOL at your last sentence!! :lol:

You were seriouslt that close to giving up the show? Despite the fact that most of the couples are broken up, you HAVE to admit that the show IS better than it was last year!

I am happy that this news came at the right time for you personally because I only see DAYS getting better and better.

Slowly the couples WILL be reunited, I am sure of it and if there is one thing Reilly almost does perfectly it is reuniting major couples (at least on DAYS anyways....PSNS is completely different acid trip!!)

• Members

Like I said in another thread, luring back fan-faves is only half the battle. You need solid writing to back it up, and the characters have to stay true to themselves. Otherwise, this will go the same way as the big-name returns like Melissa Reeves (2000), Matt Ashford (2001), Lisa Rinna (2002), and Austin Peck & Christie Clark (2005).

The next big money move DAYS should make is hiring a former writer.

• Members

Yea, I was. Seriously. I mean, look at my banner! :lol: The thing that really clinched it was the character of Chelsea. I mean, UGH. She's a Sami knockoff, only unlikable. But in hindsight, yeah, pretty dumb reason. I mean, I sat through Virtual Eden for God's sake. ;)

I'm just thrilled about this beyond words.

The only casting coups that would make it all perfect would be the returns of Kimberly, Anna, Eve, and Stefano.

• Members
:D:D

:lol::lol:

Your right, DAYS was #1 one year in thr 70's, tied with ATWT and AW. DAYS was #1 the same year that P&K were married (I believe), their marriage was the 2nd highest rated episode of soap opera (behind Luke & Laura's wedding on GH) ever, was it not? Definetly DAYS highest rated episode ever.

• Members

I agree with Mitch and everyone else-I hope Days skyrockets and stays there to shut all these naysayers up. Patch and Kayla drew big numbers and can again. This will grab people's attention. If the industry has only 10-15 years left fine I will enjoy it. Who knows-this may be the thing that helps JER do what he did in the 90's-brign Days to ratings dominance. The potential is there and NBC better promote the hell out of it.

Kenny is right-every soap is desperate so don't target Days only. I can assure you Days haters that Days is going nowhere now. This cements it. It is here to stay for a few more years. NBC would never let Days do this and cancel it.

The only former writers I would want are C&B. If you are talking about Sheri I don't want her. Its a different time and era. JER is doing fine right now and Corday knows he can't screw this up.

• Members

While I agree that DAYS did majorly screw-up Rinna, Ashford and Reeves return (although there have been short moments of greatness for Ashford AND Reeves since their return, present not being one of them).

However it is WAY to early to consider Clark and Peck's return as being awful. I mean things have DEFINETLY improved from their first few weeks. I would wait a bit longer on this one.

Archived