DAYS: Two Popular actors return this summer!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So it is a Multi-Year Deal? After all this celebrating I realised that no one has even read the inside of the magazine? Surely they wouldn't put that on the cover if it was a short-term return.

Oh man I hope not. Corday's comments lead to believe that they will be around a lot longer than short-term.

• Members

I wasn't thinking of her (you're confusing me with other DAYS viewers ;) ). Brash & Cwikly as top dogs would be very, very good (but no aliens in tin foil!).

Patch & Kayla's wedding was definitely DAYS' highest rated episode ever. I don't know how it ranks with overall daytime ratings, but I know ATWT's wedding of Steve & Betsy (then played by Meg Ryan) had 20 million viewers. We never hear that one mentioned but that was a biggie too apparently.

Two words: High Style. :rolleyes:

But who knows, perhaps the sheer return of such faves like Patch & Kayla will give DAYS a huge spike for a couple weeks. That's what happened to GH when Luke & Laura returned in late 1993. Granted, it's 13 years later and the soap opera viewing climate is much different, but perhaps we can hope for a 3.0 at least. I guess that's an accomplishment in this day and age. :unsure:

• Members

Yes High Style was bad, but I mean that happened in the first 4-8 weeks of their return and then eventually it was over (thank god).

Now we don't even hear the characters talk about High Style, I think the show realised just how bad that was.

At least Peck and Clark have proved they still have that damn HOT chemistry that they had before.

Things are definetly better though, definetly not perfect, but things ARE improving.

Also yah a 3.0 would be good I guess nowadays (lol). A 3.0 today though is definetly worth more than a 3.0 in 1993.

• Members

I'm just hoping that Patch and Kayla haven't been gone too long, causing their return to cause little or no effect on the ratings. That's entirely possible. Hard to believe that at the height of the serial killer storyline, Days was at like... what, 3.9? Almost 4.0! I remember the week BEFORE the serial killer reveal, Days jumped like, .6 or something crazy like that. Then the very next week, instead of dropping, the ratings rose like, another .4! That's UNHEARD of! In two weeks time, it pretty much rose by an entire ratings point. I don't think we'll ever squeeze something like that out of the ratings again, LoL.

I'm REALLY wanting someone good, like when Reilly brought Hope back with Maison Blanche. We NEED something good this summer, I mean... we NEED that.

• Members

I know. I was like "NO [!@#$%^&*] WAY DAYS PULLED THIS OFF....NO WAY!!". And considering what happened the last time when DAYS tried to do this (when the deal was all ready to be signed and DAYS pulled out last minute and scrapped the deal...and SN and MBE were MAJORLY turned off by that, considering how long the two sides took to get something worked out).

I guess DAYS is pretty good a wooing miffed stars back to the show (considering we got Missy Reeves, Matt Ashford and Thaao Penghils back and now MBE and SN). I do remember though that MBE refused to return unless the show was bringing back SN and she said she would never return unless the storyline was perfect and she said she wouldn't come back for a guest-appearance (like the ones Patsy Pease made in the last 5 years as Kim..basically she came back with nothing important to do, she was back only to just be back), which is probably why we have never seen MBE as Kayla since she left in the early 90's.

• Members

I will be wondering how they do it. I'm not exactly crazy at Reilly handling this plot point, but I'll swallow it and see what happens. It makes me excited because this is one of the couples from the time in the mid and late 1980s when I REALLY loved Days. I go back with the show to the Salem Strangler/Doug, Julie, Lee and Renee days and that period from 1983-1990 was really something.

I am excited. I'm also wondering what this is all about. I've had my differences with TPTB, but I'll tip my hat and say bravo. Great job, Days. :D

• Members

Your right. Reilly needs to get his ass in gear and go ALL out. Hope's return is one of the best returns I have ever witnessed in soaps, the storyline, the mystery and the setting were absolutely PERFECT. It was like a new beginning for DAYS in a way (at least it felt like that to me as a viewer at the time).

IMO this casting is WAY bigger than Alfonso's return in the 90's, bigger than Reeves/Ashfords returns in late 90's/early 00's.

We need a HUGE story with this, we need something grand and we need the setting AND TIMING to be perfect. The show must make this the biggest thing on the show, it must be the central storyline and if the show bills this thing as a BIG BIG DEAL many fans will flock back to the show to watch. If DAYS simply bring the two back together and make it seem like Patch was never presumed dead or that the two were off somewhere living together and now their back, this will BOMB BOMB BOMB!!

Thank God for that...now I can enjoy Nichols on a soap that is actually good. ZINGGGG...just kidding GH is actually better than it has been in a few years....but DAYS is Nichols original home and IMO its about DAMN time!

• Members

It's odd. As much as I loved Joe and Stefano, I don't really miss him alot. It's probably because I still feel his presence on the show, quite a bit. Probably because all the people Stefano screwed with are still there and, to a degree, dealing with the mess him and his family made.

• Members

I am not putting anything past DAYS now!!!

Screw all of the talk of budget and money crisis and newtork contract renewals. Screw it all! This proves that all of that is B.S. DAYS and NBC have cash AND room!

Archived