The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Thanks Carl for the articles. I have read both of them before, but it has been awhile. I wish there were more clips available of Jane on Guiding Light. I love seeing her act out multiple personalities. And no worries. You didn't kill off the conversation. It usually goes quiet when there is not a lot of Tracy to discuss. And I know a lot of people had vacation time around the holidays and are now back at work. I know I am one of those people. :)

TracyQ, thanks again for hosting the TQ awards... My favorite hair didn't win. <_<:lol:

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for the GL article, Carl. I started watching GL when I was a kid because my mom watched it all the time before she went to work full-time. The Carrie storyline happened the year I was born. So, I missed that one. I have watched snippets of it on YouTube, though.

• Members

It is kind of ironic that Jane mentions her and Jerry VerDorn not saying the same thing twice in a year of scripts when now she is on a show that is the master of repetitious dialogue. It is rather sad that soap opera writing has diminished the way it has as the genre has aged.

• Members

Hey all...next date that I can get for Tracy is 1/27--not to say she might not be in before.

Thanks for the article--agreed Linnie--GH has the same dialogue and luke/tracy have been having the same dialogue for the past five years!

I wonder if there are guiding light episode/edits out there...I haven't run across any--just what is on youtube. I'm sure there is someone out there in cyberspace. I would love to see some of that stuff.

AMC role was so similar to TracyQ role...anjelica was not exactly like them...but GL was a completely different role.

I love Jerry Van Dorn on OLTL now as evil Clint!

Oh I just read for those of you DOOL watchers---shocker who is behind the organ black market prison story---it's Stefano!

• Members

What all is on Youtube? I know there's a June 1982 episode by kerster22, there's a March 1982 episode by 0814ma, and then the wonderful ClassicGL stuff, Beneath the Surface and Machinations - I love that, especially her scenes with Diane Ballard. I keep hoping more will show up eventually.

I also wish they'd had more of Jane on Knots Landing. Really enjoyed the brief moment where she and Abby were fighting over Gary (his wife Val was an afterthought). They had a great scene in a restaurant where Judy tried to warn Abby off. Abby got rid of her because she knew Jane's character was the main threat. They should have brought her back later on.

• Members

Which AGAIN begs the question, why not just leave her with Luke? She's not going to be seen until he returns anyway. This is complete crap. They give us a fabulous wedding - one we've all been dying for - and then this stupidity. Remos is NOT amused.

If they wanted to set up Tracy leaving Luke alone for a legitimate reason, ELQ could have been used weeks after the honeymoon started - it didn't have to be days later over a jewel heist. This reminds me of the other summer when Tracy left with Luke but returned a few weeks later. So wrong and not in keeping with either Luke or Tracy. Sometimes these writers really do get the magic of LuNacy and other times I just want to slap them around and ask WHAT are they thinking? Don't they even know what LuNacy is capable of?????

• Members

I never understood why tiic have to always have Luke leave town just because tg does. And why couldn't Tracy be by the phone on-screen talking to Edward about running ELQ or something rather than having Tracy come back and leaving Luke out of town. Do these people know how to be creative with tg's vacays and je's screen time when he is gone. Let me think... um.. NO. :mad:

• Members

Yeah, I've never understood that rut either. Days had Mickey in the other room or working for almost a decade before killing him, and had Alice in the other room for a few years when Francis Reed was too ill to work. This is not hard. They have other vets off the camera yet still in Port Charles for months on end - why not Luke? It would certainly give the anti-LuNatics less fodder - they're already at it from what I can see.

• Members

They are at it again? It doesn't surprise me. As if anything would be different if their couple got back together. Tg would still be taking his vacays and tiic would still be doing the same thing. But they don't have to worry about it because they aren't together so it's whatever to them. <_<

But yeah, they need to have Luke in town sometimes and have Tracy/spencers refer to him from time to time. And have Luke being referred to as calling them every once in a while. How hard is that? Let me think.. not hard at all.

• Members

Yes that is exactly why that is her middle name---I'm sure GH thinks they are being so funny. They did that with the lady edward was supposed to be having an affair with before the crash and her husband--they were named Deidre and Drake....I remember someone mentioned that to Deidre Hall (cause the actress was on DOOL who did that bit part with John Ingle) on her facebook and she was like "yes, I didn't find that funny, I found it immature and petty" or something to that effect...

The 27th date is not even with Luke. He isn't back yet I don't think. It is the brook scenes