The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Um.. friends.. my power went out today, which turns off tivo.. so I haven't seen GH yet. Gotta wait until 10p... but........

DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!!!!

We all know Luke has this Laura fantasy in his head. He can't get around it. Yet.........

My friends, real, committed, crazy LuNacy Love IS coming.

You know what I think is going to happen? You know the reason they're not bringing GF back this sweeps? Here's why:

(Speculation based on Spoilers below)

Tracy ALLOWS herself to be committed, after Edward pushes it, in order to "protect" Laura for Luke. This jives with the spoiler that said something like 'how far will Tracy go for Luke?" After she's out of Shadybrook, Luke realizes HOW much he cares, and HOW much Tracy has given up for him.. and SHE becomes the current love of his life. REALLY! It's going to happen.

Guza has no respect for the past. He doesn't care about L&L. LuNacy is end game. I AM POSITIVE!

(And yes folks, I still want it. I do. I know Luke and Tracy were created for one another, even if he doesn't!)

EDITED to say two things:

1- Ms. Q, I just watched your "Nothing Compares to You" video. I LOVED IT!!! It's awesome!!! (And a totally accurate depiction of how Tracy feels about Luke!! Totally accurate!!)

2- I have now seen today's GH. Sorry, maybe I'm in denial, but I don't see what you guys see. Laura was Luke's goddess. We knew that, BUT SHE IS GONE. And Tracy is REMARKABLE. She SUITS him (They are **matched** I have been saying it forever). Those are both true! The 'rock your socks love thing' is gonna come soon!! It's a soap. We have to get some incredibly drawn out drama, where Tracy and Luke risk life, limb, soul and sanity for one another before they can BOTH realize they're made for one another. IT WILL HAPPEN!! (and the next day, Genie will come back! ha ;) )

Edited by LaineyBev714

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hey all. I know I'm usually positive around here, and don't think that that is changing but i agree with everything said about today. I didn't watch yet, but from what you all say happened I don't want to a dn i really want Luke to have someone treat him the way he is tracy. The only thing making me want to watch is that i want to see how he said everything he said, what kind of look did he have on his face when he was calling her second best?

Now back to my old self.... I know it's all gonna happen for us guys! I don't, for a minute, think that Guza would think twice about messing up what he's created. I do think that there is a method to the madness. If they were just building up LnT and had a lot of great scenes I would think that they were doing it to break them up and lead into a great story for Laura to come back. Since it IS so rare for her to have these feelings, let alone admit them and say them out loud, I don't think that they will have all this build up, have her tell Luke that she is absolutely in love with him, hurt by all the crap he does (and admitting that too, all while putting him in his place and getting back some power) and not have it lead somewhere with them. I think that is taking in a different direction from Laura. It would have been done in a different way if that were the case. So I love that this is happening... in a very small way, of course. I thihnk it is creating a HUGE amount of angst and passion and everything else that will make the big day an event instead of just another episode. It is going to be an EVENT, believe it!!!

• Members

That's the thing. I think everyone SHOULD watch those scenes and decide for themselves. To me, it was like he was talking about two completely different lives. Laura WAS the love of his life. There's no doubt about it. And yes, as painful as it is to hear him say it, if he'd had the choice he would've been married to her forever. But the thing I found really striking was HOW he spoke of his relationships with Laura and Tracy. I didn't feel any schmoopsy, sentimentality when he spoke of Laura. It was more like he was looking back in time and had a que sera sera, matter of fact attitude. That is, it's simply a fact that Laura changed his life the moment he met her. It's simply a fact that he never experienced anything like that before or since. There was no wistfulness and most importantly there was no joy or happiness. In contrast, he smiled and kind of laughed when he spoke of Tracy. The message I GOT was that this woman, this REMARKABLE woman (as he put it) makes him pretty damn happy. Of course maybe I was just too distracted by those monster coffee cups he and Sonny were drinking out of to really get the tone of the scene. They looked like soup bowls!!

Edited by Keaton

• Members

My problem with all of this is that it's not real. In real life, no woman would put up with her husband waxing poetic about his ex on a daily basis. My father's parents divorced when my father was a little boy. My grandfather remarried. My biological grandmother had lost her mind and lived with my aunt up until last year. Now of course we called both women grandma.

Bio-grandma would have lots of moments of lucidity and knows who we are. They all lived in the same town. My grandfather didn't talk about my grandmother all the time. Yes he loved her, but what they had was over and they shared children. Both grandmothers are still alive, grandfather has passed. We go visit both, but we don't talk about bio-grandma to step-grandma all the time.

My point is why do they have to talk about Laura all the time. We know she was Luke's great love, but he's married to Tracy. He needs to focus on her and move on. Either focus on her or let her go and not make her feel second ALL of the time.

• Members

One small point: Luke wasn't throwing his feelings for Laura in TRACY'S face yesterday. He was responding to Sonny's statement that he was envious of how united Luke and Laura seemed to be. That particular conversation didn't seem unrealistic to me. When people remarry they generally don't yammer all the time about their ex-spouses to their current ones. BUT they'll talk to friends and family about their former spouses. That's not weird. Especially when people get together after 60 years. It would actually be more unrealistic if they NEVER spoke of their past relationships IMO.

I understand your point and I do think Luke is definitely guilty of what you're suggesting. But not yesterday.

I was actually just coming here to add to my previous post that I don't blame anyone for being upset with yesterday's scenes. I was just offering a different perspective.

Oh and pinkpopsicle? "No Turning Back" was hotness personified. DAYUM. I loved it. :)

Edited by Keaton

• Members

i didn't watch yesterday's scenes with Luke and Sonny, and I'm not going to. I really don't care, honestly. TIIC are definitely propping to bring Genie back sometime this year, so they want to keep Laura in everyone's head. I'm not going to let it bother me in the least, mainly because work is a BEECH and I'm too tired to give a damn right now.

I tend to agree with Lainey and Keaton on this one. They're pushing LuNacy right now, and this is a soap. The fact that they're trying to be together and being thwarted (as opposed to just not giving a damn about spending time together) means TIIC are taking them seriously as a couple. As for him mentioning Laura and Skye, hey, don't any of us remember back when Luke would talk for hours without ever mentioning Tracy at all? Now she comes up in pretty much every conversation. That means she's on his mind, which means she's in his heart.

Okay, I'm thinking like a fanfic writer, and not a soap watcher. But it could happen. All is not lost.

Wow, I'm so much more positive when I don't actually watch the show...

EDIT: Stace, the new vid ROCKS. I love your use of light effects, and your clip choice was perfect. You are just soooo good at these things. Really....

Edited by MinervaFan

• Members

Hello everyone! Gosh I missed you guys. London was awesome! Haven't had a chance to watch GH from Tuesday this week and I am guessing that is the only day she was on. I am going to watch it today between my airport trips (my MIL is leaving this am), then my doctor's appt for my toe, and then for me to get on a plane, once again (ugghhh...after 10 hour flight yesterday the last thing I Feel like doing) and going to Miami til Sunday morning.

I am officially sick of traveling!!! So I will try to catch up on the thread this weekend. Any highlights you all want to tell me....like new videos I must see of fanfics I must read?????

London was an amazing city. Sort of like NYC, but cleaner and quainter (word???) and the people were so nice. I gained five pounds from eating and drinking so much...I can't tell you how many pubs we had to pop in to (all in the name of schmoozing with these visitlondon.com people). I walked a ton, saw the crown jewels at the tower of london, went to westminster abbey (so amazing how old that is), went to buckingham palace, shopped at harrods (although didn't buy a thing in London as the pound is worth 2 american dollars so the prices were all double over there).

Anyway, just wanted to say a quick hi and I missed you guys. Will be home sunday around noon at my house. Will try to catch up with you guys Sunday night!

Cheerio...

Carrie

• Members

Welcome back, Hook! You've been missed. The scenes Tuesday were good, but obviously truncated. Jane and Tony look so good together--it's obvious they're having a blast with each other. I'm not sure where all of this mish-mash is leading LuNacy, but I'm content that scenes which were cut mysteriously reappeared the next week. I think Jane is getting some great airtime and a decent storyline (for a woman her age in the Guzaverse).

Are you guys familiar with C.H.E.R.I.? It's a grass-roots campaign by OLTL fans to get the female vets more screen time, and it seems to be working. Maybe we should get together with fans of Jackie, Leslie, Fiona, Emma, and other older female actresses on GH and create a cooperative group of our own. Lord knows Jane fans are obsessive enough for any ten actresses, and the MQAS is fairly hard-core. If we banded together with fans of all the older ladies, maybe our letters and phone calls could make a difference.

Just a thought.

• Members

one thing about the way he talks about Laura, at least to me, is that it is definately past. It is like he is talking about his wife that passed on, in which case I can see him still being madly in love with her, but ti isn't going to matter.

I also see (and thanks for sharing the scenes, Keaton. I still haven't watched yet) is that he was in love with her, of course. He thought he would spend the rest of his life with her, but sometmes that doesn't work out. I don't really believe in divorse but I can see how, while you are in the beginning of a relationship, you would feel like it is a forever thing and you never want to be with anyone else. If that doesn't work out, you can still love what you had and fall in love with someone else. I think he just is too insensitive to see that he is talking about a woman who is still alive. She is not just a memory. She is to everyone else, but not to Luke, so that is what would be dificult for Tracy. If he could just accept that she isn't coming back, it would be more like he is reminiscing about his past than trying to keep it with him and the WOS talk wouldn't be as bad.

Then again, if he did finally accept it, that would be when they brought her back to the show, so I'll take this over that anyday

• Members

Hello hookedongh!

Yes you have been missed. I am so glad you had a good time. It sounds exciting. I have to get away. I haven't been able to take a vacation in almost 5 years. :(

I hope your toe is okay. :) Well I'm off to be creative. See you around.

Hey all tracy is due back on Tuesday May 1st. I wonder if they will say where she has been. We'll see.

• Members

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!! nOk, OT post ahead.you have been warned:

OK!! so i told you guys ive been sorta workin on a lunacy smut right? but after the events of yesterday ive been preety pissed at luke so i decided to scrap that idea, do a little more research and do like a tracy/paul or tracy/marco ya know? solike i take the pages outta my notebook today in spanish and i folded them up to throw away but i must have dropped them and someone found them and gave them to my teacher and i mean yall it had some RACY STUFF in there!! OMG! I was mortified!!!! they all laughed and joked (not about the writing ability, thank god. they actually thought that was pretty good) and my teacher joked about writing a continuation and all i could do was sit there and try not to cry like seriously. if youve ever written something, especially something like that like you put alot of yourself into it and to see it ridiculed was almost all i could take today. the good thing is that i have a place like this that i could come to and talk about it otherwise i seriously dont know how i wouldve dealt with that.

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Edited by tracyluver

• Members

Hooked!!!!! *hugs* Can't wait until Sunday 'til we all can catch up!!!

HIGHLIGHTS (good and bad)

We shall began with the UGH-ness.

THURSDAY. GH. DO. NOT. WATCH.

Now, onto possible goodness...

~Rumors/Speculation

Based on the magazine spoiler that states,

and the spoiler that says,

both ILoveTracyQ and Lainey have speculated that

. Could be fun, no?

And onto the "bestest" goodness of all...

~Fanfiction

No Turning Back by pinkpopsicle

I Dare You by Regency

~Clips & Videos

1992 Scenes with Tracy/Ned, Tracy/Paul, Tracy/Reginald from pxlbarrel

Secret Garden by Ms. Q

The Prayer Cycle: Mercy by MinervaFan

Fix You by smirks

Ghost Alan by Ms. Q

Our House by HellenicSweetie

Nothing Compares To You by Ms. Q

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Interesting perspectives on what happened yesterday, everybody, but I'm still mad at Luke. And I'm still off the LuNacy bus...for now. I was to write Trax so badly!!!! But it's just not happening like I want it to...

tracyluver, oh no!!! I'm so sorry that happened. I have nothing that compares. I mean, a friend used my computer once, and when Windows Media Player opened, one of my LuNacy videos started playing for some odd reason. But yeah, that's not even close to what you went through. Maybe it's a sign: Never throw away LuNacy smut. ;) (just trying to lighten the situation) I really can't even imagine what that must've been like. *hugs*

pinkpopsicle, she's been in Europe. She always goes to Europe. <_<

• Members

*waves*

Thank you Keaton for putting things into perspective for us. I do think we, as do all onliners, tend to overreact to scenes until we actually watch them.

I don't think it's as bad as we think.

But since I don't care enough about the rest of GH to watch yesterday, I'll take your word for it. :)

Pinpopsicle, that caption RAWKS.

Lainey, I've been thinking the same thing myself, that Tracy would voluntarily allow herself to be committed so she can keep an eye on Laura. Or that she would use being committed against her will, to her advantage.

Awww....tracyluver I am sorry......that sucks. People can be so insensitive when it's not THEM being joked about. :(

Regency and pinkpopsicle...your latest stories were soooo good.

MsQ thanks for the latest list/rundown, I will watch/read/review those I have not ASAP.

knh and pinkpopsicle I love your observations. Very well put.

Welcome back hooked ! You have been missed. :)

MinervaFan I like your idea about the campaign and I'd be glad to help but I don't know the first thing about how to organize such a thing. If someone else with organizational skills would get it started I could spread the word at SZ and we could also post it over at SOC and any other sites any of us frequent.

LadyAshton Thank you sooooo much for posting the old SCott/Tracy clips.

I had forgotten just how much heat Jane/Tracy has with ANY and EVERY man she's ever been paired with.

Heck, she even had chem with Reggie the butler.

I forgot just how SEXY Hugo N could be as Larry (but you knew that already, right? LOL)

And KIN S? Scott has moments of being slimy but Kin is HAWT. "Stray" was HAWT.

Of course, so were Tracy and Ashton...I waited and waited AND waited for them to get back together but it never happened...:(

BTW I'm hungry for some TRASH.

LOL

Bet you guys never thought you'd hear someone say they wanted some TRASH. Hee :)

*waves* to everyone and anyone else I haven't mentioned, it's not intentional, but this post is already long enough LOLOL

BTW I'll be heading out to Scarborough Fair/the Renaissance Festival in Waxahachie this weekend....it's my sister's thing (we're taking all THREE of her kids, LOL) but I have to say, the JOUSTING tournaments are quite exciting.

That, and looking at the costumes.

I won't be back until Sunday night ( I hate being out of town on Sundays :( )

But I may post in here again before I hit the sack tonight.

have a good day, ya'll !

TracyLuv I respect your opinion and I totally get not wanting to watch GH, but for me, I'm a TracyFF, always have been and always will be in reference to GH, and I can't not watch if Jane is on.

I hope against hope that Guza whether he keeps Lacy together or not, will realize what a gem he has in Jane and will continue to use her in some capacity.

We'll miss you around here if you're not watching or posting. :(

Edited by ILoveTracyQ

• Members
tracyluvr, oh, kid. Don't worry about it. People are idiots, and at least your teacher was complimentary. having your fannishness outed in the real world can be very terrifying--I gave one of my Tracy stories to a coworker and was horrified when she shared it with other coworkers. It turned out okay, but it was very nervewracking to see if I was going to get laughed at. (No, you never really grow out of that fear, btw.) Please send me what you've got, if you want honest feedback. I look forward to seeing what you've written...

• Members

I don't know if I could do it if I was Tracy--you know, be Mrs. Luke Spencer. It would make be insane...like it did Laura quite frankly. Tracy's strong and she knows if no one does how hard marriage is, but how much is she supposed to take before she just steps back and says, "Done"? Think about it, Luke's sort of always been a pathetic excuse for a significant other, even with Laura.

I am an eternal fan of both women and because of that it makes me nuts to see Luke minimize Tracy for the sake of a woman he divorced for FELICIA. In fact, I have no idea why they stayed together as long as they did. I must be nuts to enjoy seeing him with Tracy. She can do better. (Is Jax better?)

Guza, make a choice before I stop watching. It's been three days and I'm not feeling compelled to return.