Who really created LOVING? I have been studying story bibles, as I create my own... and from what I show - this is not as detailed as I would have expected as other bibles have copious details about the creation. And I would have expected Agnes Nixon to be more descript.
Just some observations - the show is simply/plainly called LOVE. And the title LOVE WITHOUT END, was optioned at one point.
There is a quote to preface the newest epic from once Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli: "We are all born for love... It is the principle of existence and its only end."
Profound in nature, that like blood and water, we need love to survive...
The story takes place in Carthage, not Corinth, and geographically "is of the eastern central United States..." So, it wasn't going to be in Pennsylvania? But it still says its "within daily commuting distance of cities like Washington, Philadelphia, and New York." Forgive me, I think of Indiana, or Ohio, for eastern central US, but no cities in either state is within commuting distance from those aforementioned cities. Does her description refer to the time zone?
When I get to the "Cast of Characters" I find a listing of the characters that made LOVING memorable, but the descriptions are way too thin? How was Douglas Marland supposed to write character after a few sentences per character?
I guess the devil is in the detail of the storyline projection... which after reading gives more credence to the motivations - and a missed opportunity for interracial romance between co-eds Lorna Forbes and Lyle Turner. I get 1983 wasn't ready... but maybe Showtime would have, and this should have been the bible for A New Day in Eden. Although based off of posts on here, it seems like LOVING was an extension of some of those tropes and themes Marland explored in the cable soap...
I am very intrigued by the genesis of the soap.
By
Lust4Life76 ·