B&B: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

This is a HUGE complaint I've had about this show for a very long time...it's seemingly uncapable of featuring more than one story most episodes. So, if you're not into THAT story, like me, you just tune out. And, that also creates this lack of build-up. Sure, it's a 30-minute soap, but 30-minute soaps featured more than one story an episode. Even during the writer's strike, I noticed we were getting episodes that featured more than one story. 

The audience isn't stupid. We don't need 30 minutes of people repeating the same dialogue over and over to follow the story. It makes zero sense that each episode can't have a B-story.

I usually watch just the first couple of scenes, and if I can tell it's going to be an episode of Liam, Hope, Steffy repeating stuff over and over that they've said before with Brooke and Ridge talking about the SAME stuff that is happening with Liam, Hope, and Steffy AGAIN, I just tune out and don't even watch.

Edited by 1974mdp

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I read some bizarre posts on facebook of people saying they love this storyline and how interesting it is... and yey that Sheila is back.

I am scared I am living amongst people like that.

• Members

B&B without Sheila or Quinn is the 'Bored & Botoxed'

Brad created this mess 2.5 years ago with the illogical 'Why did I drink?' leading to Sheila pulling a gun on Steffy to keep the spiking a secret from Finn. Seriously, of all the sins Sheila has committed, an alleged drink spike (that Thomas knew about) would cause her to shoot Steffy? C'mon.

Better: Sheila could've admitted it Steffy and pushed for an alliance. Drunk Brooke breaking up with Ridge so he'd return to Taylor, Steffy would've been tempted by that - just like Thomas.

Sheila could've pushed Steffy into by saying:

'Steffy, remember when you shot me in Eric's hotel room? I'm not sure Finn wouldn't look at you the same way. Spiked drink or shooting his mother, which do you think sounds worse?'

So many other ways these wretched months could've gone if not for the alley shooting. I doubt any of them would be worse than what we've got now.

• Members

I have an idea... since I think he may try to re-deem Sheila with this storyline... 

Sheila may be held against her will by someone obsessed with her... and we have a person like that - Mike. He could have easily gotten out of prison and tried to kidnap Sheila and then stage all of this.

It's either this or Sheila is master-planned all of this, which I PREFER.

But yeah... I am trying to think in a low-level shitty writer way... to predict what Bradley is writing.

• Members
Posted (edited)

So what if Kimberlin and Brad "lied", it's called show business.  For all we know KB is not back, today's episode just leaves the possibility open.  I think people need to lighten up.  B&B is my escapism, I don't take a fictional show that seriously.  People wishing the show cancelled...really?

Edited by Jeff

• Members

Well just as you can decide to take it that way - light and just escapism, it's our right to express how WE feel and I ABSOLUTELY get why some may wish cancellation. Imagine seeing your favorite show more and more in ruins, yeah I would also say that if it doesn't get any better - it's better cancelled. Also this is a board for soap opera fans and discussions, this is the exact place to get DEEPER into discussion and analysis. I think light and escapism are welcomed, so should be - serious takes and very critical ones. But also think it's quite obvious NONE of us are taking the show seriously and we are just giving our two cents and having fun predicting the next bizarre move.

I am just not going to just sit and say - ok, as a rape survivor this storyline doesn't trigger or offend me and I am also not going to NOT call a CHEAP lie a CHEAP predictable LIE. It's one thing showbusiness - We all know about it. The other is to pull these cheap trick-lies time after time, as if you are some circus performer. If a favorite actor of mine, I am not saying even KB, is acting bizarre after saying Goodbye to a show, it's my right to point it out. And yes - we were right from the first second, so who is laughing last? 

I would have LOVED if they had done this LIE? in a more amazing, greatly written way - yes, showbusiness has lies, but these LIES need to at least be convincing. If they had done it convincingly and with a proper build up, I wouldn't have even needed Kimberlin to confirm she is gone. Our problem from the get go was that this was a bad, cheap lie. Very apparent, kinda childish and making the actor look like they are taking part in the showrunner's kindergarten plays. 

And just as I have to live with people who think this show is now amaaaaazing....  I guess people can tolerate my skepticism. Right?

So, yeah, I second the cancellation remark and this is something I have wished for a long time now. And I am not going to get the - well don't watch if you don't like it - route. I choose what to watch and can wish cancellation on something I deem of an absurdly bad quality. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Sorry, my post wasn't directed to anyone here.  I had just gotten off social media, my post was in general, I should have clarified that.  Although, I don't recall you saying you wished the show was cancelled. I have seen you advocate for a better head writer--THIS we can ALL agree on.

Please register in order to view this content

You and I are 10.  Oops I mean 100.

Edited by Jeff

• Members

They're not? The people here certainly are not, but overall a good majority of soap fans are stupid AF. I've never seen such stupidity in all my nearly 40 years of watching soaps. This is why the soaps have to dumb sh*t down, cause some don't pay attention and sh*t like that 

lol