B&B: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I actually think a lot of soap viewers are above the level of intelligence of regular tv viewer. So I don't agree with the statement that majority are stupid. 

It's just that the most vocal ones on social media, are not the most bright ones. 

And I think even a goat will recognize how bad Bold is. It's way past this point and it's not the level of intelligence of the viewers making writers d'ump things down. 

It's lazy bad writing that attracts bad viewers, not the other way around.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

lol thanks guys, I had to let that one out. Twitter especially is full of idiocy when it comes to soaps. I've seen people literally say something happened on a soap only for nothing remotely close to that happen

Some truly watch the version's they have in their head's LMAO 

• Members
Posted (edited)

One thing I forgot to mention and comment on... based on the past couple of episodes. Wow... there is really a drastic contrast in male performance power. Brava to SK for finding the emotion in attempt to make us believe Sheila was a human being - only he could do that. He needs to get that Emmy nod soon. Fingers crossed.

And Lib-Biberty also gave his all, wooden and paralyzed performance in the league of Ronn Moss's masterpieces. But definitely better than some of his last tries. I think if he continues acting in this show for at LEAST 10 years, he will improve. 

Edited by Althea Davis

• Members

@Jeff You're absolutely right about KB's status with the show. It was widely known that KB signed a contract that kept her on until early 2024. It's absolutely plausible that B&B let her contract expire with no guarantee that she would be back. In fact, they may have told her Sheila is done. Even if they said that, do I believe there was a 'Sheila's dead. wink-wink'? Definitely.

Sheila being alive certainly generated almost 500 comments on TVLine - that is so far beyond the normal commentary, it's crazy! Honestly, I never believed a soap character could generate that kind of commentary there - especially from B&B. The Halloween tribute episode was one of B&B's highest rated of 2022. Like it or not, Sheila is important to B&B.

Honestly, homicidal Sheila never made sense. Sh*tstirrer Sheila is what people loved to watch. Bring that character back, please.

• Members

I actually agree with this, but I don't think he is capable of doing it.

But the conniving smart... rising to high power Sheila from 1992-1996 IS something a lot of people don't know... and judge the character based only on the current status.  

But at this point... Bradley has shown he has no interest in this style of writing and character development. Sheila in the 90s was a real human being, now she is a cartoon. I don't know if there is coming back from this. I doubt it. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I should back off or Jeff?

I know he loves his Sheila and Liberty Biberty Guy and I respect that.

I just know this show can be so much better but Bradley isn't even trying. He lost two great SW that could've HW the show but now they are gone. And guess what? Both are HWs. 

Edited by Soapsuds