GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't want to deep dive LW's Carly's love scenes anymore, okay? 

Please register in order to view this content

Suggestive is whatever to me and the Jax/Carly scenes were more lighthearted.  There was something about the Sonny/Carly limo scene that disturbed my soul.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Honestly, I remember them clearly so I must subconsciously.

Please register in order to view this content

I do find it a weird shift for Sonny to be so sure Jason is working against him.  It's like there's about 30 years of contrary evidence to that and you would think he dig more.

Edited by carolineg

• Members
Posted (edited)

I finally watched today's ep.

I don't get the implications surrounding John?  Does this make him a bad guy?  Is he not really working for the FBI?  Or, is it justifiable that Jason has done a lot of illegal activity in the service of importing coffee and this is the federal official's way of a plea bargain. Jason described his job as a mercenary, but I am interested to get more insight into John's motives.  Because this seems like an extreme reaction to a long-running dislike of Sonny.  For example, why do all of this now and not two decades ago?

And all of this feels like a very expensive and overly complicated way to get rid of an elderly mob boss who lives in a small town in upstate New York.  Especially, from what we've seen, they could've just tripped him and made him fall in the pool like Ned.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I'm thinking Carly, when Sonny was in Nixon Falls, she ran his mob family. The Feds are always tapping phones. In the newly created flashback, Jagger said he was about to hear incontrovertible proof of Ricco violations, a Federal crime, carrying a 20-year sentence. 

This is the most humanity I've ever seen in Jason Morgan. 

• Members

I had similar hope, but Jason's use of the term mercenary felt very deliberate.  And the idea that unless he carries out his mission, something terrible would happen, doesn't feel like how a network show would want to portray the FBI.  If it was the WSB there might be more wiggle room, but I'm stuck on it being the FBI and that they invoked the RICO law.

Also, the SORAS implications of Jason telling Michael what it was like to hold him as an infant, were distractingly amusing.  Along with the idea that, Jason's been busy as a murder-for-hire assassin for the past two years, but he's also had plenty of time to get a sleeve of tattoos.  Good to know mercenaries have unlimited PTO.

• Members

LOL, I was reacting to the other side of the equation. If Jason held Michael as a baby, he'd be middle-aged now.   So, the idea that John and the FBI would recruit a guy in his early 50s as a mercenary feels a bit preposterous. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Thank you!  That's pretty much what I thought.

I don't exactly get what you are saying.  Jason is middle aged now so is Jagger.  They are literally the same age and went to high school together.  Jason is supposedly a very good hitman/shot so it's not like age is actually that big of a deal if you can easily hit a target and are athletic.

Jason did hold Michael as a baby.  That's a real thing you can look up.  I am not even trying to be mean, but what Jason said did happen in real time on the show.

Edited by carolineg

• Members
Posted (edited)

Good point, and I never take your responses as mean spirited @carolineg .  I guess I was just thinking that Jason would have more salient (or recent) memories of Bobbie than from when Michael was a baby in 1997.  So, I was simply distracted that they chose that moment to highlight her loss, and we can chalk it up to a failed attempt at humor on my part.

Does Jason know that Brit's also dead?

Edited by j swift