GH: Show says goodbye to beloved veteran character

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lord give me strength. I'm going to fall to pieces.

As a kid, I can't begin to tell you how many times when I was home on break, I would ask my mother about how her redhead was doing. I never seen one so Bobbie always stood out to me. heck, I didn't know my mother's nickname when she was a kid was Red cuz my mother had red hair when she was young. Perhaps that was why Bobbie was her favorite GH character (Laura being her second fave) so I became attached as well.

*takes a breath*

• Members

@DRW50 will be among the many pleased to hear Ryan Carnes is back. I do hope we see Sarah, Tamara, Brad Maule and others. In flashback if nothing else.

The story mention re: Amsterdam and old business sounds like Tony has to be back. If they can't get him for this what are you doing with your lives.

• Members

https://people.com/general-hospital-says-goodbye-to-bobbie-spencer-and-actress-jacklyn-zeman-8419040

New Year’s week, viewers will learn that their beloved Bobbie Spencer has died.

Wed. Jan. 10 and Thurs. Jan.11, the town of Port Charles comes together to pay homage to Bobbie.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ryan-carnes-returns-to-general-hospital-for-its-good-bye-to-bobbie/

Lynn Herring:

"In the days between the characters finding out that Bobbie died and the memorial, they show different people reacting and talking about her impact. Everyone has days of disbelief and the reality setting in, and I really liked how they did that. It’s honoring her not just at the memorial."

"The two days we shot the memorial were very hard. As soon as we knew it was coming, sort of a darkness set in. But as hard as it was, it meant a lot to all of us to pay tribute to Jackie."

Edited by janea4old

• Members

And if Tony is back, they better deal with the Genie of it all. If they don't give him scenes with Laura because TG insisted or something I'll blow my top. There is no way in this world or the next that Laura and Scorpio alone would not be on the next plane if Felicia and Carly of all people find out Luke is alive.

If it's true they'e going to be building up to the funeral episodes with Bobbie stuff for 2 weeks I guess I should start watching now. I didn't realize they've been already setting up that Bobbie is in Amsterdam offscreen dealing with Luke's supposed final affairs.

Edited by Vee

• Members

On November 8, Bobbie and Tracy went to Amsterdam together, to wrap up Luke's affairs.  Tracy was shown with a suitcase leaving and Bobbie was (obviously) offscreen but said to be going with Tracy. 

On December 4, Carly mentioned to Josslyn that she'd heard from Bobbie - Bobbie had hit a snag in Amsterdam that was keeping Bobbie from finalizing Luke's final affairs. Tracy was driving Bobbie crazy.

On December 8, Tracy was shown on the plane flying home to Port Charles, and looking at a photo of Luke on her phone, and crying.  Tracy arrived at the Q-mansion at the end of the episode.   Bobbie is obviously still in Amsterdam.

By the time the news of Bobbie's death reaches Port Charles, Bobbie will have been in Amsterdam for almost two months.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The photos in the People article are an assortment of things.
Carly next to Bobble's photo is obviously from the memorial service.

The IG picture of the rainbow outside the studio is from what the cast saw at the end of the second day of filming the memorial

The picture of Valentini with Rick Springfield is apparently not for the memorial.
The photo's caption says it's for the GH 60th anniv primetime special,
which Errol already described in an article here
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/65613-article-abc-to-air-primetime-special-in-january-to-celebrate-milestone-60th-anniversary-of-‘general-hospital’

The picture of Lois/Ned/Tracy/Olivia might be BTS for the New Years Eve episode? (Lisa LoCicero and Wally were in a Michael Fairman youtube interview on Nov. 13 and she said that Olivia buys a new dress for New Year's.)

Edited by janea4old