April 3-7, 2006

Toups

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Week to week means very little. Compare these to 2 or 3 weeks ago and didn't every single soap drop? Is it because the weather is warming up and people are not watching TV? I'm sad ATWT's Monday show didn't do better, but CBS really tanked. B&B is close to being below 3.0. I can't say that even my favorite show is consistently can't miss TV every single day. I know that's hard to do when producing so many episosdes a year, but TPTB could sure as heck try.

When adding up the total viewers for all, what is the lowest watched week of soaps ever? We may be getting close to that.

• Members

No one did say they were great. But even given that they might not be the greatest....look back to last week. Terrible 2.4, but DAYS was still UP in viewers compared to last year. People look too much at the actual rating point and I think sometimes miss the main point of all the ratings....number of viewers. That's what the network is gonna see I would think. So if DAYS was up in viewers over last year even with last week's bad rating....this 2.6 rating, to me, can only mean even better for DAYS. They're bringing in more viewers than they were last year, and that's the best thing that could be happening.

• Members

I totally agree with you. DESPITE the major drops last week and their worst numbers of 2006 (at least in HH), the show was still up versus last years numbers.

Any increase, no matter how small, has to be looked at as a positive thing considering the state of daytime drama viewership.

I believe DAYS is up in Total Viewers, Households and 18-49 compared to last year and is either on par or a little below their 18-34 averages.

• Members

I told you KR not to worry about the ratings :) .

Mitch and Steveo4 are right. All those people last week were looking at the 2.4 but what they never mentioned were that Days was up from last year. NBC cares about that because that shows improvement and now Days went back up this week to where it normally is meaning it is probably even more up from last year. Like I said, Days needs to just hand around where its at until May because from May into the summer JER will roll with everything he has built. Its typical of him to bring out the goods in the summer so I expect big things starting in May from Days.

• Members

I would be more worried about ATWT's Monday rating not being very good. That was the show with the seven female veterans on it and all the clips. You can bet this'll give the networks ammo to say "viewers won't watch if older characters are featured".

Which, as we all know, but the networks don't, is DEAD WRONG. :)

• Members

This just doesn't make sense. I just can't believe how ATWT did on the 50th anniversary specials.

Now TPTB are going to think that nobody wants to watch the vets and continuing neglecting them more and more. :( I hope that they realize that, despite the ratings, ATWT fans liked the episodes (either one or both of them at least)...but they probably don't care about that.

I guess the only good thing is that the rest of the week didn't do much better either. It was just a bad week for CBS soaps all-in-all.

• Members

CBS was down across the board on Monday. I didn't expect ATWT to have a super big jump even if the other shows were down. Monday was still higher rated that Friday's show featuring the whole cast. And Monday tied for ATWT's best rating of the week. It all depends on how you spin it.

Archived