April 3-7, 2006

Toups

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the only board I've come across where posters are still defending the crap JER is serving up. The vast majority are fed up with the show and the pathetic ratings reflect that. I've seen Higley bashed from pillar to post on this board but her soap is neck and neck with DAYS on the season (with a smaller viewership base too).

Why the hell would people be enjoying the show right now? There's no romance, no adventure, no meaningful characterisation. Instead, there's cheap sex, characters behaving like morons to further the plot and storylines from a decade ago behind rehashed.

I most certainly DON'T want Days cancelled, but the show is sleeping-walking in that direction with this destructive hack at the helm.

• Members

I know. Pretty amazing.

Px, using your own specified period proves nothing. I can say that in 2002 the couples were together more often than not, and the ratings were much higher than they are now. It means nothing.

The real problem is JER and his horrible writing. I say they were just lucky on Monday and Friday, and the show is still in JER's ratings average slump of 2.4-2.6 which is about .2 below Higley's.

• Members

Sadly true. This is a new HH ratings low for GL.

I can only hope that the Total Viewers numbers aren't as bad...I've come to realize that Total Viewers is probably the more important number for all of the soaps. This is especially true for GL, which airs in both the morning and the afternoon. I surmise that there are more people watching television in the mornings (Today, Dr. Phil, Regis, etc.) and that is why GL gets Total Viewers numbers very close to other shows (AMC, OLTL) but has HH numbers far lower. GL and OLTL, for example, get both have 2.8 million viewers on the same day, but GL would have say, 2.3 and OLTL a 2.6 simply because the viewer pool is larger in the mornings, where GL airs in many cities. That 2.8 million is a smaller percentage of the folks watching TV in the mornings.

Does that make any sense to those 'in the know' or am I reading things wrong?

• Members

OL can't be happy with their ratings. The last two weeks have had some pretty big moments that they've been building to for ages in both the DID story and Todd's story and yet they are still at 2.5.

• Members

I think the problem is that they waited too long. I know many I have talked too who have waited so long that they lost interest by the time the reveals came around.

I know for me I waited on them and am still watching but we waited so long esp on the DID reveal that it just doesn't seem all that bad too me. The story had no punch for me. The only thing good about it was the performances but even they didn't anything for the story.

• Members

There is at least a segment of fans thath say this about every single soap. They all do a lot of the same mistakes - casting models instead of actors, rewriting history, recasting characters and giving them new personalities, insulting our intelligence on a daily basis. They're all guilty to varying degrees. The soaps need a saviour to come get them back on track.

• Administrator

As the leader of the James E. Reilly Alliance, I've brainwashed some people here. ;) Happy to see SON as the only pro DAYS place. :)

Glad to see DAYS rebound from last week and doing better than last year.

I guess no new low for that "horrible" week like some people were predictiing. :D

• Members

How are the ratings pathectic? DAYS is the #1 Soap in 18-24 & 18-34, It's the #3 soap in 18-49 demos. It's getting more viewers in EVERY category compared to last year. So I wouldn't call them pathetic. DAYS should be praised for being one of the few soap doing better than last year.

Again, How is the show that bad? I guess the internet world and real world greatly differ in opinions, because people I talk to are enjoying the show more now, than they have in years.

Can anyone really admit they would want the old Cheesy/Sci-Fi DAYS back compared to the traditional storylines we are seeing now? There's no supercouples together, but that's part of the ride. They have to find their way back to one another. Call me old fashioned, but I much prefer watching these triangles play out, than have to watch 5 minutes of the woo-woo.

Reilly has always written boring/traditional stuff for a couple months, slowly building up for his famous climaxes. During the next few months when J&J, Bope, Jarlena do find their way back to one another, you can bet it's going to be big.

I Agree Master!

• Members

I agree wherever you sit we as soap fans should be praising a show for getting better numbers than a year ago because over the past few years that doesn't happen to often so its good for DAYS and in turn good for the genre.

Archived