Y&R: Josh Griffith interview

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Summary: 

The story was pitched too him by Danielle Unger

• J.Eddie Peck is sticking around as Cole Howard.  Cole will take leave from his job at Oxford and spend time in Genoa City.
  •  
  • Griffith says: "Nikki has been forced to fall off the wagon by crazy people and her recovery is going to be equally spectacular."
  •  
  • There's going to be a huge conflict between Victoria and Nikki and Victor because, Claire could be Victoria's child, but Claire was instrumental in pumping vodka via an IV into Victoria's mother."
  •  
  • Claire will be redeemable but, Jordan will be written as "Silence of the lamb Batsh*t crazy."
  •  
  •  They've got atleast a years worth of story now after these few house of horror episodes.
Edited by lucaslesann23

• Members

That interview actually makes me sad for today’s soaps. An idea generated from outside the writing team, and the HW knows nothing about any of the players involved from that time period to draw on organically.

I am enjoying the story, just makes me sad about the state of things.

• Members

I completely agree.  It's sad in many ways.  Sad that we viewers are so desperate for an identifiable storyline, that we will gush at any bone they throw us.  

To be honest, it is not fundamentally a bad plot.  But the execution is awkward and too fast, making the storyline unbelievable.  Had Griffith taken it slowly and added more nuance and detail, the entire thing would seem much more plausible.  Every step along the way, we needed more explanation and exposition. 

• Members

That interview was weird! I thought Devin was okay with the questions. I mean he had to go where JG led. Is he always weird in interviews? And I cannot imagine getting a year's worth of stories from something that began so gangbusters. And it is crazy that the shows still "do Sweeps" when as far as Neilsen goes, Sweeps no longer exist. But, the shows continue to time things on a Sweeps calendar & this story began at a weird time, the end of the biggest Sweeps period. 

• Members

It's pretty accurate to say that with soap fans if you please one segment, you displease another. So, yeah, anything where you have some folk going WOW, wait 15 minutes till someone else declares it totally without merit! Fortunately it is possible to have a sense of humor about that seemingly inevitable irony.