Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

When people in Salem randomly decide to get married that day, in their living room (where someone was shot a few weeks ago) - are we to assume that they all just have a closet filled with wedding dresses (including maternity options)?

And just for consistency’s sake, now that Gabi & Stefon are going to torture Li for his vote, when is this board meeting, and what are they trying to achieve?

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So sick of Gabi and Stefan. Just kill them off.

Sick of this Dimera shares crap too. That’s another thing that should be killed off. Dimera finally going belly up could actually be a pretty good storyline 

Holly’s reveal to Johnny was stupid but at the same time, I’m glad that this story is being prolonged. I hope they play the long game with it.

Which is exactly what they’re doing with Eric/Nicole and I think it’s the best storyline on the show right now. Their scenes today were good and the way that Greg and Ari play it makes them even better. 

• Members

It really is stupid. 

And with all the ups and downs of Gabi Hernandez, who used to be the punchline to a joke, Camila Banus' charisma helped keep the character front and center and gave her a strange rooting factor even when Gabi was completely in the wrong. But these last few months being saddled with greasy Stefan, obsessed with taking over this floundering former crime empire who are now into... pharmaceuticals? Who knows what DiMera does, but they've run this character into the ground. How's her daughter doing these days...? 

• Members

I find the actress that plays Holly to be extremely charming.  She's pretty good at humor and being slightly awkward.  Days did a good casting job with her.

Johnny needs to cut his hair.  What's going on there?  Lol

I really shouldn't feel bad for Li, but I do.  Gabi and Stefan are so obnoxious.  Outside of Leo/Dmitri these two are the least rootable characters on the show.  

• Members

Where did Rolf come from? Did he drive his submarine?  Could Stefon or EJ have gotten in touch with him at any time?  Can he just take the sub for a day trip to Salem?  Is the Salem PD so bad that they don't even notice when a sub docks in the port?

Good to hear the updates from Belle, Shawn-D, and Megan (I forget that Megan is still alive). 

Meanwhile, are Dimitri and Leo still wearing their ghost costumes?  Not that I am eager for the end of the story, but the block storytelling is too hurky-jerky.  We get a story one week and then (like Ava and Harris), we don't see them for days (pardon the pun). 

I get @carolineg's sympathy for LI, because the acting was better than usual in his session with Marlena earlier this week.  The tale about his lost love was an interesting backstory, that I assume we'll never get to hear anything more about (even though it felt a little plagiarized from Jin and Sun's story on Lost).  But, it was a good explanation for why he is/was so desperate for Gabi's love and attention.  

I agree EJ stands for Elvis John, because it would make no sense for him to named Elvis Dimera Junior, since there is no Elvis Sr.  Maybe Chad forgot, and EJ didn't want to embarrass him by contradicting him after their warm exchange about being brothers?  (Or, I am reading way too much into the error and giving too much grace to the writers that annoyed me last week with the fake abuse plot).

Oh, no!  Holly's got talking-out-loud-when-you're-scheming disease!  It must be hereditary.

Finally, I guess nobody in Salem has social media, because wouldn't Stephanie and Jada recognize each other from Everett's Instagram?  And wouldn't his family have updated his status during his coma?  Now that soaps have accommodated cell phones, they really need to utilize the ubiquitous nature of social media in their storytelling.  Because, I think Jada's the type to still follow an ex on Insta (or at least Threads).

Edited by j swift

• Members

The Li stuff also feels like Gabi/Stefan are just kicking a guy when he's down.  I know he did some awful things, but he seems to be actively trying to be better.  If Gabi/Stefan were truly upset about the attempt on Stefan's life that's one thing.  They just are doing this to be greedy.  They already won.  Do they need more money to be together in their mansion and live happily ever after?  Li lives with his sister, is alone, is out at Dimera, and generally miserable.  Stefan/Gabi's goal wasn't justice or to put Li in jail-it was strictly for their own personal gain.  They talk about the law and Li being the worst, but they are casually breaking several laws a day for their stupid 'shares'.  It's an awful look for those two.

• Members

Also, aren't they over complicating things?  Because doesn't Harris already know that Li was involved in his brainwashing, and would be willing to testify?  Why did they need Rolf to come by sub?

And, I know DAYS taped this episode some time in the last decade (exaggerated for humor), but why was Rolf wearing a wire, when they could've just taped the confession on their phone?  In fact, once Stefon knew that Li hired Rolf, why did they need the tape at all?  Given that they weren't going to the police, just blackmail him for his vote.

Edited by j swift

• Members

When did DiMera Enterprises become a thing lol? At least with Titan we knew it was a shipping and publishing conglomerate like Onassis also being used as a front for illegal activities.

The DiMera’s never had their own company until this past decade lol. Before that the DiMera’s were based off a mix of old European money and aristocracy supplemented by financial investments and a vast criminal empire.