Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

On the subject of smirks, BF smirked a doozy of one the other day which looked like he was stifling a laugh and about to cry all at the same time. It gave me pause because it reminded me of the Scared Straight documentary when one of the young men got chewed out by a prisoner for laughing when in fact it was a habitual nervous twitch.

• Members

Well, today was interesting, that's for sure.

I think maybe I was seeing acting chops out of Camila that I've never seen before, unless it was years ago. She's nearly hysterical, although she has good reason for that. It's an unusual possible dynamic that Rafe is Commish, but he believes in Camila's innocence. Will be watching to see how that plays out.

Once again, Paulina does something unexpected. Who in their right mind would make EJ DiMera the DA?!! Doesn't that need to be somebody into law & order?

A Wendy bent on vengeance is going to be a total change of character! And, Tripp's going to have to dig down & find something new in himself just to support her. 

Does anyone have any theories at all on who the killer might be?

• Members

A lot of scumbaggery and stupidity in today’s episode. It was a perfect example of why I don’t give a crap about what happens to Gabi and Stefan.

Rafe really needed to use some tough love today instead of just coddling her. 

EJ as the new DA is stupid, but it’s kind of worth it just to see Gabi and Stefan squirm

Please register in order to view this content

Pretty much the only person I liked today was Wendy. I’m not sure if Victoria Grace can pull off that deep hatred and revenge acting style but it was nice to see her do something different. 

Still think that Wendy and Tripp need some conflict of their own, instead of just being secondary in somebody else’s

Don’t let him win!

• Members

I've always liked Camilla, even though she has a tendency to overdo it. But the writing for Gabi & Stefan has been just atrocious, I don't care a whit about them or their quest for DiMera dominance, and I never have. Camilla does scheming well, but Gabi lost her rootability when they removed the connections that gave her character more dimension – namely, Arianna, Will and Sonny. 

The EJ as DA twist defies all belief, but that's pretty much the MO of this show. 

• Members

I thought Victoria Grace did well yesterday and okay today.  It is nice to see her doing something.  She does better with the tears than the anger.

I think CB did really good today too.  I just have no sympathy for Gabi.  The EJ stuff is ridiculous, but it is soapy.  Who did kill Li?  Rolf?  Megan?  He barely even knows anyone in town.

• Members

True.  

Rolf and Megan are the only people that make sense.  I haven't looked at spoilers so that's just speculation on my part.  For all I know it could have been Trask somehow lol.

VG did surprisingly well with the crying scenes.  The anger/revenge stuff might be a bit out of her acting wheelhouse though.

• Members

This may be overcomplicating things, but, I wonder if the last minute details about Xiao Xing were meant to foreshadow her arrival?  Although, from the story, it didn't sound bad enough to be a motive for murder.

Also, are we to assume that EJ being the DA means his hit woman will never be prosecuted?  And who told Paulina that he needed a job the same night that he got fired from Dimera?

Edited by j swift