General Hospital: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I’m still going to hold out hope that if we ever see Vanessa again that Rena will also come back, even if just for a brief visit.

I love Lois but she really doesn’t fit currently as a long term character. Not in the capacity she would deserve. And I would never wish a pairing with Sonny on her.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Brenda will be back someday. I have no doubt of that.

I think Rena is excellent and adds a great deal to the show. But if you can't re-pair her with Ned I struggle to find a place for her on contract. It would remind me of when they tried to put Lois with Lorenzo Alcazar as a C-player in the 2000s, it was embarrassing. I suppose it could be like the UK soaps where they bring back powerhouses often not beholden to supercouples, and just pair them with whoever and often it can work out. But our shows are different, sometimes for better or worse. I think any new story or man for Lois would come off as an also-ran. I also don't think GH or Frank Valentini would invest in giving Lois a major new story or strong enough new male lead to justify it. I think they'd give her some recurring dude like that oaf Yuri. And Rena and her talent would deserve a lot more.

• Members

I was laughing that FV said "room for Jordan #3, but nothing for Lois"  When actually thinking about it I have to agree.  There isn't a place I can see Lois going outside the Ned pairing.  There isn't any man on the show I can imagine pairing Lois with currently.  My fear would be that the show would try to pair her with Sonny and ruin everything.  Unless, you just keep playing her off of Brooklyn and Tracy, but that's not exactly enough for a contract.  I think if the canvas had a few other characters that she was close with even if it was Brenda or Robin or Jason or Jax-there'd be a little more for her to do.  Lois is just isolated with the Q's and Sonny right now and I don't know how I would expand that role for her.  The show could do it.  I just can't think of a logical place for her to go.  That Alcazar mess before was rough.

• Members

I love Lisa Lo Cicero and I enjoy Ned/Olivia when they're not too much, but they are just an echo of Ned and Lois. If WK and Rena were willing to play Ned and Lois I'd do it in a heartbeat. Since they're not I see no reason to break that family up.

• Members

Idk why you love LLC-I guess I am okay with it.  But if the original blueprint does not want to play that story it does limit Lois.  If Rena doesn't want to go there the characters become redundant and Olivia currently just has stronger ties to the canvas.  It's a real shame, but it's a personal choice for both WK/RS.  It tends to bungle things more because WE know Lois is the love of Ned's life.  It's just hard if no one wants to play that and it's not a judgement.  Just real life.   I just can't figure out where Lois would go as far as love interests and friends and what not.   Because Lois wouldn't hang with Carly/Nina/Ava on principle (at least I hope), so that leaves basically no one.

• Members

On a healthier soap there could be more options for Lois potentially. On this show it would leave Sonny which, please no, or a host of recurring losers. And the Ned/Olivia of it all would still be in the background.

I have loved LLC since Loving/The City! And I do enjoy her chemistry with Wally, Tristan Rogers, etc. even when the story or character can be unbearable. It makes me forgive a lot.

On an unrelated note: It's crass to talk about perhaps, but Stephen Nichols' beautiful tribute to Tyler in that thread reminded me of how much I have missed Stefan.

With Tyler gone I would consider retiring the Nikolas character for good. Adam Huss is fine but I'm just not sure I want to see that long-term or how I'd feel about it, or yet another recast. And I would seriously consider doing what Ron Carlivati allegedly wanted to do: Resurrect Stefan and use him as the major domo for Spencer or whatever other Cassadine interest in town going forward, in Nikolas' honor. Is SN even on contract at Days anymore? Certainly if Spencer is recast soon assuming Chavez leaves, the show will need more touchstones for any new actor.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Adam Huss was so Good in scenes with Genie & NAC after Britt's funeral. He can sure do the role if GH wants to write Nikolas.

I'd say they need to bring Nikolas back to the point where he is more Laura than he is Stavros.

Actually interested in Adam  (Joss & Trina's Neighbor)

Looks like a self Harm story is brewing for him

Edited by John

• Members

A Sonny pairing is my biggest fear for Lois.

LLC is fine.  I am an overall neutral on her.  She's likable enough.  I have just never gotten over the fact she's Lois lite.

I tend to agree about retiring Nikolas in general or at least for a long while.  I agree Huss is fine, but nothing special.

SN is on contract at Days.

• Members

I began liking LLC on THE CITY. Still like her. I loved her speech the other day. First she got onto Tracy for mentioning ECT & then she said, "I am not going to force him to take therapy he does not want. If he wants to sit & strum his guitar for the rest of his life & be Eddie Maine, I am going to make peace with it." Then the camera pans to NEddie & I am completely out of the moment because he looks like such a bum. 

• Members

-- I don't think LLC is Lois-lite, and I like her as a character. However...and it is a big however...when she gets loud and strident and overbearing, I find her exhausting and I want her off my screen.

-- The Kevin and Laura scenes were unbelievably boring.

-- The "Valentin talks to the kids" about Halloween scenes were beyond unrealistic and awkward. Nothing about any of that seemed real.