General Hospital: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Considering that this Molly and Kristina fighting storyline has been wrapped up in a nice neat little bow, I guess it means that the writers didn't like it either.

We don't need Harmony making ghostly appearances to Willow either

Pretty good cliffhanger though 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm like nününüMolly; Kristen Vaganos reminds me of Mia Kriegel, but more natural in her acting. Like her against Nancy Lee Grahn & Kate Mansi... now we need Kelly Monaco for the full Davis experience. It's a good fit.

Love seeing Inga Cadranel back as Harmony, even via visions within Willow's subconcious/mind. And I hope Anna did what she did... because, that's the drama we need.

• Members

Now I'm wondering if we're supposed to think that Willow is so dumb that she can't interpret her own dreams about Harmony?  It's one of those soapy things when a character's obliviousness just makes them seem stupid.

Also, what was Charlotte's plan that required a change of costume? 

And did I miss how they've convinced Laura not to tell Anna that Charlotte burned down her house?  I like the nod to history that Laura keeps referencing her own childhood when discussing Charlotte.  I'm also glad that there's been no references to Rick and the attic.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Okay, settle in, I'm going to tell a tale. You may not know this about me but I love doing research, asking questions, finding things out, etc. I especially LOVE debunking. Today's topic is Wes Ramsey, NOT a nepotism hire. I've said that he is an excellent actor who I've seen in GL, Charmed, Venicetheseries & GH. He went through the audition & screen test process with others competing for the role & he was the best choice. Emmy-winning Casting Director Mark Teschner conducted the audition & screen test. Also, he picked Wes. When he auditioned these guys for the role of Peter, he did not know Wes was dating Laura Wright. Wes was NOT hired in a chance meeting in a parking lot because of LW. I make no defense of the character Peter who was a horrible person but actors can only play what is written.

• Members

I am most grateful that the Molly v. Kristina WAR over The Great Nothing is behind us instead of ahead!

I am also grateful that Final Molly seems to be a success. 

I need Willow to be able to read lips! 

I think Miz Wu hired the sniper to shoot Curtis. 

I think Charlotte is a Helena mini-me who vandalized the door, did the arson, trashed the suite & left the warning messages. 

• Members

So I generally hate Valentin.  I am probably not super objective, but his anger at Anna seems very intense considering it was an accident and he could have stopped this whole thing by dealing with his daughter properly.  Or giving Anna a heads up.

I know it's only been an episode and he's worried about his daughter.  I just think Valentin is nearly as at fault as Anna.  

• Members

Oh, I think he is more at fault. If he had been forthcoming about what Charlotte was doing to Anna, I do not think it would have happened. 

Okay, I have tried to refine my process in thinking about blame. I'm pretty sure I made it more complicated. 

tied for #1 - Charlotte herself & Valentin

#2 - Kevin 

#5 - Nina

#7 - Laura

I'm just about to go watch & see if anyone has the nerve and audacity to blame Anna! 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts

• Members

I totally understand Charlotte being screwed up considering everything, but that was astoundingly bad parenting.  In fact, no parent would act like that IMO.  I am side eyeing Laura here too, but not as much as Valentin.  What an awful thing to do to Anna!  

And he has the nerve to be outraged at Anna when it predictably blew up in his face

• Members

Although not that worried to get to know anything about her friends in school, or listen to her concerns about his relationship.

On the other hand, Charlotte's references to her father are cringy and don't seem at all organic to the way a girl her age would talk in 2023.  So, maybe she just creeps him out too much to want to converse with her.

• Members

Well, Charlotte's been put through too much. I know it must've registered with her that something was wrong when she had contact with Victor, was shuffled off to boarding school, could talk to "Papa" on the phone but not see him. Then, staying here & there & being 15, which is a horrible age, sure I get that Charlotte would be a handful under the best circumstances & instead  her circumstances are that AWFUL letter & the special tarot. 

Agree about his parenting choices. And, he got Nina to cover up a crime for him, for Charlotte, & not say a word to anyone. Then, same code of silence with Laura. 

• Members

I find most teens on soaps talk in a way that doesn't sound real or natural.  Valentin also doesn't treat her like a 15 year old.  More like an 8 year old.  Given Charlotte's bizarre upbringing and lack of mother I can see how she was easily influenced.  I just don't know why Valentin thought one session with Kevin would cure the fact that she's burning down houses and trashing hotel rooms.  That's not your usual teen angst.

I agree about her upbringing and life, but she was clearly let down by several adults in her life with this.