SOD is ending it's weekly print edition

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, dammit, that is the other shoe in the air that I've been waiting to drop. Again with the end of an era, so many great fond memories. For the record people who say she's not a nice person, apparently wouldn't recognize a nice person if they met one! Or if they went to a Yankees game with her, or were at one of her birthday parties. Much less if they were present when she had baked cupcakes for the office, or even just gossiping soaps with her because like so many of us she loves soaps as much as ... the Yankees! 

• Members

My point is that as the next in line she would automatically get tarred with this one broad brush that the anonymous accusers were using. And I was in that office at least weekly for a number of years, those years . 

Well, that is one way to look at it. Another is that she had a helluva long high ride, doing what she loved & now like so much in soaps, that is going by the wayside. I expect her to meet this with her cheery good-natured & optimistic perspective & bounce well. 

And, oh, yeah, just another Minority Rapport! 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
just had a thought

• Members

I think this is weird. On the Digest website:

Wed. No author page for Stephanie Sloane.

Thurs. Author page for Stephanie Sloane with new email address.

Fri. Stephanie Sloane is effectively fired by having her position done away with. 

Sat. Author page still up & still attached to new email address. I'm going to send an email to see if it bounces. 

Yep, bounced. Okay, enough playing with their website. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Webmaster

There apparently was some confusion about this. I've updated the article to correct that Stephanie has departed a360media altogether as VP, Editorial Director. The company has also opted to shutter the teen books she oversaw, including the print edition of J-14

Stephanie Sloane Exits a360media as VP, Editorial Director

Stephanie left at the end of October when it was announced Digest as a print magazine would be discontinued. I've updated the article (as noted above) to make that blatantly clear.