SOD is ending it's weekly print edition

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

As of now, Mara, Janet and Devin are the only holdovers still posting all-new content to the website version of SOD. Carolyn Hinsey continues emailing her column, which doesn't appear to have a set release date yet. Last week, the column was published on Monday. The latest was posted today (Tuesday).

Someone named Lee Meyer, presumably a freelance writer, is credited with a piece today, but it was also published to the site by Mara based on the link when hovering over his name on the byline. This is Lee's bio on Muck Rack, a website tracking content posted by journalists across the web: https://muckrack.com/lee-meyer/articles

My understanding is Mara is now in charge of SOD following the departure of Stephanie.

• Members

Given the several hundred comments from well wishers I think she will live without your appreciation. IOW, there would seem to be plenty of room for differences of opinion about her tenure. 

We would just have to agree to disagree since I reject your premise. There's no way you could show causality between someone staying at a company for a 35 year career & them being a toxic person. Please, make it make sense. 

And, she was only in a position of power maybe the last third of that. First Meredith was top Editor & then Lynn Leahey was. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Webmaster

Donna, please understand that not everyone has to agree with your sentiment, nor do you have to respond to every poster. Regardless of your feelings on a matter, understand not everyone shares it. Let them be free to say what they will about a topic that they decide to reply to.

• Members

Saying that you agree to disagree with someone & why is in no way impinging upon their ability to state & have that opinion. Rather it is a hallmark of 'live & let live' discussion since it is upfront in acknowledging different opinions is cool. If you offer to agree to disagree you are expressing respect of that other person & their opinion. 

• Webmaster

It's too early to tell, but it looks like TV Guide is picking up the mantle for the discontinued Soap Opera Digest.

The latest issue has a two-page spread on the four daytime dramas with articles/interviews written by Michael Maloney, formerly of Soaps In Depth and currently at Soap Hub. Maloney also freelances for TV Insider (an online news site for TV Guide) and Variety. He's a great writer. He also wrote the book on Y&R with Lee Phillip Bell.

Example

Congrats, Michael!

• Members

yes I saw that, the Days twitter and facebook accounts picking up that TV Guide Nicole article and posting it in full.  Interesting that TV Guide gave permission.

Also another Michael Maloney TV Guide article posted in full for B&B on John McCook's ig. (spoilers)

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by janea4old

• Webmaster

I'd hope they got permission. But then again, this defeats the purpose of buying the magazine if the shows will just willy-nilly share screenshots.

That being said, DAYS and Y&R got the biggest coverage of the four shows. The Y&R interview/feature is with Melody Thomas Scott and the GH one is with Rena Sofer. The mag also has a "previously on" section to catch people up on what they might have missed. Will see how this goes in future issues but I kinda like this idea. Being featured in TV Guide is definitely a leg up for the soaps.