DAYS: Peter Porte joins the show

• Members

for daytime tv? Sure he is. Isn't he a regular on Lifetime/Hallmark movies and random primetime procedural dramas? I mean you can shade him all you want, but he's likely only joining DAYS because it's a tv show on a streaming service, now - not a daytime soap. lol 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Peter on Joining Days:

“I thought that that was the end [He's talking Beyond Salem 1]. That was fun. See you later and then suddenly I got that call in October of last year, and they said, ‘Would you like to come back?’ I thought, I'll come back and do a couple of episodes and then a week later I received a contract for an extended period of time.”

He shared that he’s still shooting at Days and by the time his first episode airs he will have already shot over 40 episodes. “It's so nice to be back on daytime. I've missed you all. I'm so excited for you to see what happens with this character because the journey that I've been on with him, it's been so surprising.”

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2023/05/peter-porte-talks-his-return-to-days-of.html

Edited by John

• Members

who said anything about "draw power"?

Please register in order to view this content

But now that you mention it... who can say for sure? If his character portrayal is compelling enough and he drives story, maybe he will pull in new viewers or perhaps viewers that used to watch his Lifetime/Hallmark moves specifically for him will follow him to DAYS

anyway hopefully they throw him in the mix w/ Christopher Sean/Colton Little and we have a cute triangle to work with. 

• Members

not really? At least that's not how I've ever seen it used specifically. lol 

i always thought it was ambiguous, especially after it was revealed he was lying the whole time. I hope he is, tho. lol

• Members

i mean y'all are free to interpret it how you want, but that's not what a "get" is and that's not what most people take it to mean. What? LOL 

a "get" is more or less someone/something that would be thought to improve the quality of the thing. I thought he was great on Beyond Salem. He would be a welcome, male villain-ish addition to the cast. He's handsome, a good actor - especially for soaps. So he's definitely a "get". 

Please register in order to view this content

IDK what y'all have against him, but go off I guess. 

• Members

Peter Porte is one of those dudes where you want to believe they can convincingly portray a needed character, but they come onscreen looking like that and all you can think of is Bolt from Soapdish running on-set and saying "I was at the gym doing leg-lifts when Father Cory told me what had happened!" Ryan Paevey on GH was also in that mold.