SORAS predictions

• Members

I agree with all that. And yeah, the Charlotte thing is just because they are desperate for people to fully buy into Valentin. Charlotte as a character has no other function. She is Lulu's mutant test tube rape baby in order to cement JPS as siring a Spencer and everyone just went along with it. I would undo that and send her far, far, far away lol.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For Y&R it's hard to say as they don't really write in depth characters any more. 

Those kids can be whatever the current writer wants. Katie could be a good girl who hates everything the Newmans stand for or totally embrace it. a lot will depend on the actor chosen and what they can bring to the part.

No shade on the Moses actor but he was kind of 'just there' he was a young inexperienced actor thrown into a situation where there was probably little guidance and definitely no rehearsal.

• Members

Charlotte should not exist.  It's weird, rapey, and highly unnecessary.  I do think I would watch her if Dante had to raise her and she was some sort of spoiled princess.  Dante being exasperated about her behavior and trying to figure it out would be cute.   Valentin can fall off a cliff, but I would love to see more of Dante raising kids.

• Members

GH needs to memory hole or have a bomb go off and get rid of anyone under 18 not named Jake, Aidan, Leo, and Georgie. Donna too I guess given the real life connection.

those other kids of Maxie's, Charlotte, Esme's baby, Scout, Danny, Avery, Michael and Willow's kids, Violet, Rocco- bye! 

Who at GH thought Maxie, Sam, and Willow all needed multiple [!@#$%^&*] kids?

• Members

The babies who play Ace (can someone give this boy a real name) and Amelia are adorable.

I'd make Aiden have heavy hints of Luke in him, he'd be similar to a young Lucky just without Luke's influence. He's rash and a quick thinker always trying to pull one over on someone. I don't care if he's gay or bi or anything in-between but he will exasperate Liz on daily basis. 

Jake? Idk I don't have time for that zombie child. He'd be there I guess, somberly looking at Jason's leather jacket. 

I wouldn't kill Avery or Donna but they would stay LITTLE for a long åss time. I'm with @carolineg in that I don't want Ava to lose another child. Because I love Maura and I don't think Ava as a character could survive Avery dying. The only story you could get from that is Ava losing her fücking mind and terrorizing the town before eventually being put down.

What's crazy about GH's current crop of is that they've mostly been allowed to age in real time. Back in the day shows were ANTSY for an appropriate time to age-up a kid. Like I'm pretty sure Days was frothing at the mouth to age up Belle as soon as she was born. Which is how we got 16 year old Belle 6 years after she was born.

On GH now you wouldn't even have to try, they have so many kids on the cusp of maturity. Jake is 16 years old IN REAL TIME. No, literally he turns 16 in a week. When the show had less baby rabies he would have already been established as a much bigger supporting player to set him up for a teen romance.

Re: Lily's kids on Y&R, don't even get me started. They could be college graduates by, when is Lily supposed to have had them? At 10? They botched that so bad that they shouldn't bring them back until Christel Khalil is 50. That way you can play them as the amorphous age soaps love: of 22-39.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Those babies are adorable lol

I just think it's rough for Ava to lose another child.  All her children. I think the little girl that plays Donna is adorable too, but we can literally just stop talking about her for years and I am fine with it. 

You just brought Belle into the chat and I have long ass posts on why aging her was one of the worst Days decisions ever made.  And that's a high bar to clear.  It's a really jarring thing when they talk about Sami kidnapping her when she was newborn, which the show stills brings up, and Sami appears to be the same age as her.  They ran Belle through a lifetime of stories in about 5 years and now we wonder why she is practically useless when she should be leading the show.

I actually did just get depressed when you said Jake is actually 16.  Where has my life gone lol? 

• Members

Are we never seeing the wonder twins again? Can’t we just de-SORAS them? They were not exactly in leading or substantive storylines. Make them middle schoolers again. 
Where does Lily say they are now today? Are they going to make her a neglectful mum with kids at boarding school?

• Members

I never got over that. Watching in real time it shocked me. John and Marlena went away on their honeymoon and those kids of theirs were toddlers, they came back and it's Kirsten Storms plus Jason Cook when Colin O'Donnell(?) had played Shawn-D for years and had 10-12 years on Belle.

It is really weird that many of the GH kids are now up there in real time. Which is another reason there should never have been so many.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Shawn isn't that much older than Belle in real time.  Maybe 6 years and he was only aged up by a year or so which isn't that bad.  Colin O'Donnell is only 2 years younger than Jason Cook which seems weird in my mind, but Shawn was the least offensive of the aging at that time.  Something like Mike/Carrie is much more of a mind f*ck in regards to aging. 

The problem with Belle is that her conception was such a specific, big moment in the show that was relevant for years and aging her up was a huge fail.   You can argue Brady/Phillip and even Shawn as their timelines can be more linear, but Sami's actions are brought up constantly and Belle is younger than Abby and almost the same age as Will.  Paul was conceived at a similar time as Belle and now we are stuck in flux where Belle, Brady, Eric and Sami are all the same age and it's hard to get over.  If the show even chilled out with Belle's timeline and made her 20 something for a long time it would be fine, but, nope, immediately married multiple times with a child by 21.   

Edited by carolineg

• Members

IIRC Lily has recently said they're in college.

I'd de-SORAS them too regardless. Y&R has done crazier things. I do think they made many mistakes in how they handled SSM's return and some of the stuff she did they discarded, but I particularly thought Tristan Leabu (or whatever his name was) was a unique find as Reed. The idea of pairing him with Lily's daughter was not a bad idea (I think that's what they were aiming for?) but it was too soon to SORAS those twins.

• Members

Charlie/Mattie were born in 2010. Now would have been the time to age them to about 16, not 6 years ago. 

The whole SORASING was done for no reason and wasted characters that would have been viable down the line.

I remember when Ashley turned up with teen Abby(Hayley Erin)who never did much but set the whole aging of that character in motion to the point where we now  have a 40 year old playing the character.

It's an issue that will continue I'm sure.

• Members

Indeed, and it seems like they're doing the same mistake with both Claire and Allie, who seemingly went from being in their very early 20s to being in their mid or late 20s in a very short amount of time. There's supposed to be a rather big age difference between her and Will, but it's not really noticeable anymore. 

In all honesty - with the 40-somethings on todays bed-hopping and having babies like they're still in their 20s, do we really need hugely SORAS'd characters? I always got the feeling that the reason it happened was because of rigid conceptions of how and what characters could do at certain stages in their lives. I'd stop hugely SORAS-ing characters unless we're talking about a year here or there. But there's no need to jump a decade plus. 

• Members

Yeah, it used to be a lot more rigid. Especially when actors used to age more visibly. With all the advances in plastic surgery and skin care and general overall healthcare you have actors who don't fit the "elder" roles they're in.

And a lot more veteran actors are sticking around, these casts are stacked with actors who have been around for 30-40 years. And I don't think that was the case in the 80s and 90s. The (waining) audience has shown that you can't just stop writing for them to write for their kids. At least in the ways soaps used in the 90s and early 2000s, where anyone over 40, especially women, got shafted and shunted off into the background graveyard.