SORAS predictions

• Members

I was thinking today about how long it will be before some of the kids currently on screen are SORASed and what their characters will be like as young adults.

On GH, I'm eager to see what Donna and Avery will be like as teens, and if they'll spark new life into the Carly and Ava feud.  It would be nice if one of Sonny's kids was more attracted to the dark side of morality and Donna could be an excellent mafia princess.  I assume given the current landscape that we'll have to wait until the Spence/Trina group evolves into marriage and careers before Donna and Avery are SORASed, so I give it four years.

On DAYS, Rachel, Holly, and Ari will make interesting teens.  Rachel could be much like a pre-teen Hope and just terrorize the town, but it would be fun if Holly was such a good girl that people would wonder who influenced her development.  Given that the DAYS cast skews toward middle age, it would be nice to introduce a teen group for next summer.

I know B&B just SORASed a kid and, I don't follow Y&R anymore so, I don't know how many kids Nick Newman has by now.

When do you think the current crop of kids will be SORASed and how do you predict their characters will turn out?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Y&R has a history of SORASING characters , giving them half hearted stories and then dropping them.

In recent years we've had Charlie, Mattie, Reed, Moses, Faith and going further back there was Fen,Ricky, Noah...

Next batch up we'll probably see Johnny, Katie and Connor - maybe even this Summer

• Members

Donna and Avery should not exist. One can die. Sonny and GH in general has way too many random children. There is a major traffic jam in its youth scene. Half the little kids are now already tweens and teens yet they only just recently got a semi-functional college group the audience is invested in. Charlotte should not exist, Scout, Wiley, Amelia, Maxie's multiple needless children, I could go on and on. I'd write most of them out.

GH has turned into Mormon GL and late-stage AMC 1.0, because babies are the only story guaranteed to be greenlit by the network which views the audience as largely older and conservative and by an EP who fears the Facebook demographic. They've outright said they largely get their data from FB, while neglecting other social media. They are afraid to lose any of a dwindling elder audience, which is why you see stories that cater to what they perceive to be a conservative viewership - all babies, no discussion of abortion, even in these trying times when GH's socially conscious spirit is needed more than ever.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I hope they do NOT Soras Rachel on Days. The actress is perfect in the role. Like Lauren Boles-level Ciara perfect. It would be such a loss. Let her grow up on the screen.

GH - age Danny, Rocco, Aiden, Georgie. Cast them all with great, attractive actors who match Hudson West's energy. Pair Rocco/Georgie, Jake/Charlotte (who they've already made a teen actually), & Danny/Aiden. I feel like those would be the best pairings and lead to potentially good stories.

Y&R - don't bother Sorasing. They don't even write for Faith & Moses.

• Members

I would say Parker/Holly/Tate on Days.  Bring back Sydney.  I would keep Rachel young for awhile and I think Will/Sonny/Gabi are a little young for their kid to be aged a lot. 

With GH, there are so many kids to choose from.  I couldn't even name all the children in the GH universe right now some need to be aged up.  I am admittedly not a kid person but I can't tell Charlotte from Violet or Rocco from Danny.  I don't even recall what Scout looks like.  Avery is Sonny's kid with Ava?  I'd keep that one and kill Donna off.   To me, if a Sonny/Carly kid so desperately needs to exist just bring Morgan back and make him Avery's father and the problem is solved.

• Members

Agreed about Arianna. Let her age in real time. She’s like 10 now and you can still get 7-8 years of good story out of Will/Sonny and Gabi.

I’d say age Sydney and Parker, and let them be the next teen supercouple.

As for GH, there’s wayyyy too many. Write a few of them out lol particularly Maxie’s brood 

• Members

The problem is I don't think they'll ever kill Donna off (even though she should not exist at all) bc IIRC she is literally named for a recently deceased beloved crew member.

I would kill off Avery to reignite the Sonny/Ava feud, which should never have ended. I've always had an elaborate story strat in mind there too which I will refrain from illuminating in here. I think most people cannot tell half the show's kids from the other half, I can't either, which is why many of them (Danny, Wiley, Scout, Amelia, Maxie's unnecessary spawn, probably more I forgot) need to be written out with their played-out parents (Sam, Maxie, Michael) for years to come so the field can be clearer for the active youth set we already have, plus a few additions and a few characters waiting in the wings like Jake, Alec Barrett, maybe some kids from the Asian Quarter, etc. Aiden and Rocco both do not need to be as old as they clearly already are looking like Jake's near-contemporary, who is also closing in on William Lipton physically - it is ridiculous to have this many young teens/tweens on the show just loitering and growing older and older with no intention of doing anything with them. So those two would survive the purge but they'd be de-SORASed a bit and unseen for a little while. Little Leo is great and not going anywhere.

Others like Charlotte and Violet should not be part of the show anymore period - Charlotte, the creepy test tube mutant, would be de-Spencered and written off after Valentin cacks it, and Violet the lisping brat would be gone with Finn. In their place I'd re-add Emma, probably with a recast, to play a closet troublemaker role with unsuspecting Cameron (a more lasting version of the dynamic people see with Esme, with a saner and less crazed female lead) - Emma Drake would come off in public like a beloved legacy good girl, and she would be the last person the audience expects to be bad news.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The only reason I thought of Donna first was because I would feel bad if Ava's only child was killed off after she lost Kiki.  Carly has Michael still so I think we all know that's the only one that matters anyway.  

I never really thought about how many kids everyone has on GH until it's laid out in front of you.  It is weird it took so long to age this current group of college kids and there is no one in high school getting stories.  The show seemed to evolve naturally in the 90's with AJ, Jason, then Robin, then Lucky and Emily, Nik, then Maxie, Georgie, Brooklyn etc. and you knew about these characters as kids.  I barely know who parented this current crop of children-let alone a characteristic about them.  I would definitely bring back Emma for Joss's gang and age up Jake and maybe add Danny to the mix.  I guess whichever one is the teenager now Charlotte? could be part of that group too.  I'd probably consider aging Georgie as well since I don't think it's ridiculous for Maxie to have a teen daughter.  Perhaps Aiden/Rocco/Scout could be part of the group but a bit younger ala Robin in the 90's.   Idk it's a lot of kids around the same birth year to deal with.  I don't know why Sam, Maxie, Michael, Lulu have so many kids that all have confusing paternities. 

• Members

It's the exact same traffic jam build-up of kids GL had by the end as well as AMC 1.0 not far behind. Fortunately AMC 2.0 did a time jump and culled almost all of them along with the cast.

Rocco barely feels like Dante and Lulu's kid as is since they rushed into a pregnancy story because that's all Ron Carlivati liked to tell for 'good' characters, and so we've never really gotten any sense of them as parents IMO - the kids on the show today are generally accessories vs. the type of relationships and family build you so accurately described with the older generations back in the day. I never felt Dante and Lulu 'graduated' to becoming parents organically like characters did back then. I would show some more quiet character scenes - Dante the single father looking at pix of the old days (probably with Julie Berman photos lol), sitting down with his son or his mother and just doing domestic things while reminiscing about Lulu, openly talking about how he got here, how he became a young parent after being a rough and tumble young man, processing that and allowing the audience to therefore sit with it and get used to it. The way we got used to the life we watched Mac, Felicia, L&L etc. lead with their kids. Even Ned did it with BLQ despite her on-off presence as a child, and is doing it with Leo today. Alexis also did it with Molly and Kristina, Carly, Jax and Sonny with their boys.

I definitely am not going to make any exceptions for Charlotte whose genesis disgusts me and is only a reason to keep Valentin rooted on the show, so while Rocco would remain and percolate, she'd be gone. Sam is played out and I'd be writing her out anyway, and I don't want Jason back any time too soon so Danny would be gone for a good while. Georgie II, Scout, whoever else can come back someday when the show is in need, but right now IMO what the show needs in that area of the canvas is to focus harder on its strong young college set, altering/tweaking some roles or recasting where needed (Joss) and adding a couple new HS youngsters behind them male and female who aren't all related to everyone else or anonymous. That would include some Asian kids, maybe a Ward or two in addition to bringing on older Wards, and it would definitely include queeny Alec Barrett with Brenda who would also be a mischief maker like his mother.

I would not touch Jake; Hudson West is seriously talented. I'd give him a contract before he walks for good and start to build him up, the way they had Robin waiting in the wings behind Brenda, Karen, Jagger, Jason, etc. in the early '90s. He would turn out gay (or bi), as I'd mentioned, giving the audience the swerve vs. his little brother but that would not be his story; his early on would be focused on the traumas of his past because West is such a strong actor. He would be the soul of the younger youth set. Any other young girls or boys, remains to be seen. They don't all have to be figured out now because as it is you have a really strong main set with Spencer, Trina, Cam, a better-utilized Joss and potentially Emma, plus Esme going in and out as the crazed wild card per appropriate story. I would also add an entirely new Q in that age range - a brainy European relation, Alexandria Quartermaine's grandson, to play off Joss - but that is another story.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The only one of these characters I feel strongly about keeping is Danny.  Of course I have no problem with no Sam, but I would like to see a brotherly rivalry between him and Jake ala AJ/Jason.  

I agree about bringing some new characters in and bringing on familiar faces kids (Brenda, Skye's kid's would be my top 2-maybe Robin's other kid).

As far as Dante/Lulu's kids it's all a blur.  They were a charming couple in the beginning and then it was instant marriage and kids and all their baby stories seem to happen right on top of one another even Maxie/Liz's procreation felt more spread out.

• Members

Yeah, that's why I talked a bit about making Dante's (and offscreen Lulu for now) parentage and father status more real when I edited my already long post and added more lol. There were so many family/parenting character vignettes in the 90s where we saw how and when these people evolved into adults or were shown as a family unit, and that's what characters like Dante and Rocco need. Liz evolved too, often by virtue of having so little frontburner story in the last twenty years. Bringing Dante and a slightly-younger Rocco into the loop more with Laura as well as Ned and Olivia, Leo and BLQ (who I wanted to pair with old Bensonhurst pal Dante, for awhile at least) might help too.

I def would want to bring on Lila Rae Alcazar at some point. I have no objection to Skye turning up to make trouble for the Qs in doses, lol. That's how she is best used on this show.

Danny would definitely be back. I just don't see an immediate need right now when the main focus is the older youths. He can always come back in a year or two to stay with Grandma Monica (assuming poor Leslie Charleson is still with us) or Alexis.

• Members

I never figured out the point of SORASing Charlie & Mattie.  They never had any teen stories at all.  Then they went away to school and have rarely been mentioned since.  

Moses and Faith had a few vague conversations about college and vanished.  

All four of them could've been random strangers, for all they contributed to the fabric of the show.  

• Members

This is going to seem very outdated, but I think part of the problem is that most of these kids have different dads.  So, you end up having to split the time with multiple characters.  This is obvious a mainstay of soaps, but GH lacks any truly stable couples or families.  Even with Frisco off the show we saw Felicia raising these kids as a single mom or with Mac.  Dante could be raising Rocco and Charlotte (with the help of Sam) in Lulu's absence.  Instead Charlotte has the majority of her scenes with Valetin.   There is so much interswapping of partners and parentage that we don't get to see characters parent or co-parent.  You might as well ship half these kids off to boarding school if we only hear about the things they do offscreen.   In the 90's we had solid family bases even if they went through hardships and now we have Ned and Olivia who aren't used that way.  You are on the same track I am with the Leo/Brook/Dante etc stuff.