Days: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh yes! 

The tables and chairs in the middle of the square , used to have waiters that would bring you food/coffee. I think it had a name @JAS0N47 does that still have a restaurant name?

Perhaps the square is now just the square (indoor mall) with tables and chairs (like a food court) where people eat takeout from Sweet Bits?

Edited by janea4old

• Errol featured this topic
  • Members

I enjoyed Friday's episode. I mean, it wasn't mindblowing or anything, but compared to Thurday's episode, it was significantly better. So yeah, I agree that the show feels like it's written by different writers or something. Like, the "pros" are in charge of the storylines involving Marlena, John, Meghan, Steve, etc., while the "rookies"  who want their 5-minutes of fame and more experience are in charge of the sh*ttier  storylines. Sh*tty storylines like Paulina/Sloan/Chanel or Stefan/Gabi/Li. Oh, another sh*tty storyline is Johnny/Wendy/Tripp and I am tired of seeing the flanel. It's like the wardrobe department went into a merchadise store where they had a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" kind of deals. Enough with it. It's been done and it needs to stop. 

The reason why I didn't care for Thursday's episode was because it was flat as a pancake, especially the whole scene with Sloan and Paulina at Horton Square and the townspeople involved. It was just dumb and the acting didn't help either. In a strange way, I had an instant connection to the movie Dirty Dancing where Jennifer Grey's character said: "I carried a watermelon."

But, I try not to judge. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

Did they really bring Ciara back just to let the audience know she is once again an incubator for a serial killer's baby? That girl is as useless as ever. And RSW has no business playing two characters. My god. 

The Li actor is hilariously bad (but pretty), so naturally he's on almost every day. He and Gabi have the same scenes 5 days a week. I'm glad they randomly inserted Trask into this story because otherwise it's a chore to watch. 

The Sloan actress is right up there with Remington. Absolutely dreadful yet they keep giving her tons of airtime and dramatic material. She and Eric are painful together. 

Wendy is bland AF and I don't care what guy she chooses. 

Gwen and my boy Leo need to go. It's past time. 

Not even gonna say anything about the Bo Kiriakis/Hope/Jason Morgan stuff. 

The show is not good, but here I am still watching and paying for it.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Finally caught up.

This show is really bad.

The Bo stuff is just horrible. The ending with Steve was a great cliffhanger but the storyline is just horrific. Involving Alex in the mess made zero sense. I guess Ron has to get his gay male fantasy of RSW involved in every possible story. 

The Stephanie and Tripp scenes were nice.

It was great seeing Andrew.

As for Thursday's show.....I have no words...but

Why didn't EJ confront Gabi and Stefan?  The story stinks anyway so I shouldn't even care.

Oh and the Sloan Peterson story has got to be one of the worst acted and written.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Tripp is such a good big brother. I wish I had a brother like him 

Please register in order to view this content

I’m glad that they’re weaving Chad and Stephanie into the Bo storyline. It should have some more younger characters in involved in it. 

The scenes with Victor’s letter seemed kind of random at first, but then I ended up really enjoying them. I thought it was a nice little tribute to Victor/JA. I wonder when they were written, before or after he passed. And I also wonder if Mary Beth Evans’ tears were real. I’m looking forward to her scenes tomorrow. 

And I also enjoyed Hope and Harris today. This was the most un-Jason like he’s ever been and I’ll always like it when an actor acts in a different style than what they’re used to, like Drake Hogestyn at the pride party in BS2 .

It was good to see them just having fun. 

Also, was the Taverna owner played by the guy who played the janitor in The Breakfast Club?

• Members

I know trying to apply logic to this plot is a fool's errand, but, if the Thomas Banks information was just a red herring, doesn't that negate Megan's plea agreement?  So, why would she risk getting what she wants by giving false information?

@Noel I was also questioning the age of the house.  Assuming that Victor lived there last after he impregnated Caroline with Bo, it must be around that many years old (50?).  Because he clearly left at some point to start his business.

But, I always forget if Bo is number two or three of Caroline's kids. Did Victor want her to abandon Roman (and Shawn) to come live in a shack in Greece?  No wonder she returned the letter unopened.  I'd rather live above a fish market than in that one room shack (even if it has its own wine cellar).

Also, I'm intrigued by this side plot of everyone remembering Hope throwing plates at the tavern (which seems very un-Hope-like) when she said it didn't happen.  If this is about Princess Gina, then it is an unbelievable amount of times to return to that well.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I like to refer to it as the restaurant where Jennifer fell out the window. 

Yes, yes, yes. Their Salem stuff (as opposed to Beyond) is weak sauce. There really is no viable couple to root for. 

And please, let's just cut our losses with Stefan. The only thing interesting about him is Vivian and she's not here. 

Edited by Gray Bunny