Days: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well I agree with you there.  There has to be a way Days can figure out how to use guarantees and not have stories start and then completely stall out.   I also feel like this has been a problem for a long time and never really improves.  I do think the production of the Beyond Salem stuff is better than the regular Salem stuff happening.  But there is no excuse for Marlena's house having audio issues the other day and Sloane's having issues today.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ron has been plotting that way since his and Frank Valentini's budget-conscious storytelling methods at OLTL and GH that plotted and scheduled according to guarantees. Sometimes it worked. Later on, at both shows, it didn't.

• Members

I liked the Tripp/Wendy storyline today. The rest was crap.

Why has the worst writer on the team been given more breakdowns to write and more responsibility??

Please register in order to view this content

Seriously, it’s like somebody BTS is blackmailing somebody. 

• Members

Tripp was so adorable today.  I liked his scenes with Paulina. It's obvious Jackee and especially Lucas Adams likes working with her.

The Melinda Trask scenes with Stefan were hilarious. Trask making moaning sex sounds while playing cards was

How can a character be sooo boring?  Rafe adds nothing to the show.

• Members

Haha we all knew there were a lot of reasons why when Talia referred to a hunky cop, Jada immediately thought of Shawn

I don’t get why they don’t use Brandon Beemer more effectively. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Pacing… I think the pacing is too fast for a lot of stories and that’s because the cast is so huge, they tell stories in chunks on rotation, and the stories themselves lack substance without character growth, development, or reaction/trauma to the events of their lives. So it’s cranked out quick and on to the next “wow/shock/aw”. Side note: is Jan Spears dead? 

By comparison, to think in the mid 90’s, you basically had only 3 main stories (John/Marlena/Kristen, Bo/Hope/Billie, Carrie/Austin/Sami) and 2 supporting (Jack/Jenn/Peter, Kate/Victor/Vivian) where the major climax to a story took place only once a year. 

On an unrelated note: I was surprised Kristen mentioned Rachel took an Uber to see her, instead of the usual generic soapy dialogue of “using a rideshare app.”  Must be a sponsor  

• Members

And just because I’m in a nitpicky mood… they need to stick to using just one text chyron color and font. First it’s yellow italicized and a hybrid of Bold & Beautiful / Baywatch font, next it’s white and Times New Roman. Consistency is key when giving us location stamps at the onset of a scene. Just sayin’ 

• Members

Idk why but I kind of felt bad for Li today. I hope he finds a way to get back at Gabi and Stefan. 

Nicole looked really good in that dress too

Tripp/Wendy/Johnny was the best part of today. Tripp was really sweet. A lot of men in Salem could take pointers from him. 

It sucks that there isn’t going to be any follow up with them tomorrow. We should really be seeing Johnny’s reaction to Wendy going out with Tripp, as opposed to just hearing about it, sometime next week. This really ties into the bad pacing discussion that been going on in this thread.