Y&R Fires Entire Breakdown Writing Staff

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I will say that I go a number of places in an Internet day & it sticks with me when I hear certain phrases or sentences echo in different places. Like, for example with both DOOL & GH people say "Make it make sense." or "This Makes No Sense." 

Well, what I am hearing different places about this, yesterday & today, is one sentence, "This will not end well." [sigh] 

• Members

For everyone that keeps posting how it is possible to write a strong network daytime soap with very limited writing teams- it was.  But nobody working on these shows now has shown that kind of talent in decades.  Decades.  The likes of Harding Lemay, Labine and Mayer, Nixon and Bill Bell are long gone.

The firings are awful, not just because they were breakdown writers and script supervisors.  It’s because Josh is still there.

I love this genre but once again, if you have to cut costs to the point of what we now see onscreen with Y&R, perhaps the time has come for drastic change or to plan for an ending within the next year.

• Members

It is because of Josh and the whole there may be writers who are striking as the reason why. If they had kept two out of the five breakdown writers I figure there would have been less of a complaint. Eliminating the whole job level was surprising and he is supposed to be the sole main producer, head writer and then doing breakdowns. He isn’t one of the legends of daytime that we know were capable of doing so many jobs.