Mystery YR return

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh for sure, CK always comes alive with Graz. The runaway story remains unforgettable. I remember that time back in 2011 when Daniel and Lily were paired back up they two still clicked.

I think the Davetta Sherwood firing, Latham’s mismanagement, the actor and character who shall not be named, having to audition for your own role by accident, and well as ridiculous SOARsing has done a number on CKLily over the years. It be nice if she could go back home to “Daily” while JTBilly waffles between Victoria and Chelsea in her face. 

Indeed. Graz seemed busier with additional projects when he was actually on Y&R…remember when he was on American Horror Story and doing movies?

I wonder if Y&R would be willing to bring back Heather by spring in spite of what’s going with DD. I’d say bring back Vail Bloom since she’s in a good spot now. Landon’s successful on Yellowstone at the moment while I don’t need to see ER ever again on Y&R.

• Members

I never knew that Daniel ended up with Heather.

i know SORASING mixes everything up but having a character we saw as a baby in 79 in a realationship with another who was a baby in 93 - yet treating them as the same age is annoying.

At least keep the SORASING consistent.

This is how we ended up with Billy and Victoria as the same age.

• Members

Vail Bloom was best in the role. Yes, she made some poor choices in her life offset but if Robert Downey Jr. can not only have a career rebound after he had a much worse trajectory due to drug abuse, surely someone can give Bloom another chance.

Speaking as someone who used to be a loyal viewer ages ago, but tbh, no longer watches, I probably shouldn’t be offering an opinion (but of course, I will, lol), the writers shouldn’t just automatically shove Lily and Daniel together, what would the dramatic interest in this? You need some dramatic tension and some twists and turns. Bringing in Bloom and test the situation, so how the characters interact, what their chemistry is. I hate needless triangles that spring from nowhere but it seems like there is a built in one here. Even without Paul on the canvas, Heather knows enough people already on the canvas (Adam, Lauren, Michael, in addition to Daniel and Phyllis)that the character would be viable.

• Members

The transition from MAB to JFP was messy as JFP did a clean sweep of non-working stuff. Both Graz & Landon were fired and written out together. Landon apparently had PTSD from the whole ordeal and didn’t act for a couple years.

At least when Victoria slept with JT there was some shock and minor scandal a pushing 30 career woman had an affair with the young 20-something mail office worker lol. 

Lol she mentioned today they’re staying in their boarding school in Philadelphia for the the holiday.

The rush to SOARS in the past has seriously had a detrimental effect and wasted an entire generation already, with Kyle, Summer barely hanging on.

I do like your ideas @DramatistDreamer. Heather could easily come back into town after Daniel but get tied down by a lonely Adam when they remember what might have been. 

• Members

In the dialog yesterday, Daniel told Lily that he and Heather were ... something, (he was vague) but the way he said it, the implication was that he and Heather are distanced/strained. He said that Heather and Lucy were currently in Europe somewhere.  And Daniel seems interested in working for Chancellor-Winters.

• Members

Wait, boarding school? The last time the twins were onscreen, that I remember, they looked college-bound! I am not opposed to De-SORASing characters, especially when their childhood and adolescence was rushed to begin with but man, these soaps need to be consistent!

Remember, back in the day, when soaps wouldn’t just tell us, they’d show us? And soaps were so much better for it.

They know they made a mistake. They made a mistake saddling Lily with twins, they made a mistake with Reed and they made a mistake with Mackenzie. That whole generation was messed up with directionless writing.

• Members

They should definitely be college graduates by now lol I'm sure they'll come back as teenagers in a few years. I'll allow it.

Of course he is. This show centers entirely around employment. There are no other plot points than who is working where.

• Members

Heather got a short term job as an attorney for an American company in Portugal. 

I can't believe I stayed awake without drifting off during Y&R today.  

Really liked seeing Graz interacting with Lily, and even Staph Infection.

I think Lily said the twins were in college-- Snortoria scenes are my cue to switch laundry or go and grab the mail. 

Please register in order to view this content

And Faith allegedly was with her college roommate's family..

• Members

Who?    Poor kid didn't even land a going away scene.   

If they ever wise up and fire Chelsea's hero Josh Griffith, there needs to be a recast of or return of Moses, Faith, and Lucy.  The only young (on The Young and the Restless) are Johnny and Connor--neither is old enough for a good teen scene.   I will say, Paxton Mishkind, Nu Johnny seems like a keeper.  I liked his scenes today.

• Members

I am curious to see if Moses is even remembered in the future.

Even when teen Moses was on the show, he had scenes with Devon and Faith. But I think he had only one or two scenes with Lily the entire time.   You'd never know Moses was Lily's brother.

In the past few months, the show seemed to have made a point of Nate stating that Devon was too attached to Neil and Neil's visions for the company ... as if Devon needs to move on from Neil the man. Devon had a bunch of recent scenes remembering Neil - but it was kind of a farewell in his mind.   And now they're having Devon connect with Tucker.