Mystery YR return

• Members

Kate Linder, from my understanding, cannot be dropped. Somehow, again from my understanding, William J. Bell crafted a lifetime deal to never expire as a guarantee for her job. How true this is I haven't a clue.

I laugh at Doug Davidson. He wasn't even being used for a lot of the time in his final years, so dropping him to recurring made logistical sense. Him stating he was "fired," when he was given offers to come back for episodic appearances, is laughable. He can stay childishly butt-hurt.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

According to the "Episode Count Archives" posted on SON, Doug Davidson was finally removed from the contract cast list in November 2018, after he revealed on Twitter in September 2018 that he'd been working "without a contract since January".   Until he complained publicly, he was treated by the show as being a contract performer, although he had no contract.  

According to the "Episode Count Archives" posted on SON, Kristoff St. John was removed from the contract cast in February 2019 (the week of his death). 

[That's what makes me wonder if Kate Linder and Christian LeBlanc actually have contracts, or if perhaps they're merely being treated as though they do because of their seniority with the show.  I don't understand how having a contract with an extremely low guarantee is beneficial to a performer, unless it's for health insurance purposes.  It seems such a contract merely prevents the actor from taking another, more lucrative, job.]      

Edited by Broderick

• Members

Indeed it Is, they look like a (young) father and son, who get along well, I can't wait to see these two together, maybe Danny's Presence will give Phyllis some Self Awareness for a change, I feel like they're playing to Diane to break down and then act like whatever shift she may do is her fault alone, my I would love Danny telling her off like "You do remember you drugged Me to Pass the boy as mine right?"

Also as someone else already mentioned A Danny/Traci Reunion wouldn't hurt, Traci Needs A Man!!! I always hated they never allowed her to have another kid besides Colleen and then they killed her off