Mystery YR return

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

MG is the one actor on the show that Camryn truly had great chemistry with besides Robert Adamson (and we know  why that would have never worked). 

Hm, I may have to break my Y&R fast, out of sheer curiosity. Are Danny and Phyllis chummy now? More importantly, what’s the relationship between Christine and Danny?

I see Paul fans trying to advocate for his return to the show? Why?

• Members

A couple years ago when Mal Young was the executive Producer and head writer, he put Doug Davidson on recurring. Paul wasn't on as much anymore so Doug went on Twitter and started ranting about being fired even though he wasn't. He riled his fans up and they started complaining about something that didn't happen.

Doug even said Mal than offered him a few episodes for Chrismas but he declined.

Mal eventually gor fired and Josh Griffith and Tony Morina came on. They brought Doug back but still on recurring. Doug still wasn't happy with his episode count and started ranting and raving again so this regime stopped using him too. Now he just continues saying he was fired and complains Even though it's his mouth that is the reason he isn't used.

• Members

Well naturally if you were a fan, you would like to see him back.

i'm no great fan of Paul but he was the longest running actor on the showwhich should count for something.

He agreed to go recurring but was hardly used. When he responded to a  tweet, saying he had no appearances coming up everything came out into the open.

EB complaibed about it and then Paul returned , but once again he was dropped.

He did feel he was badly treated and said so. Maybe not the best move but he had a point.

Paul had been marginalized but he could stilll be used in police matters.

• Members

Exactly. There are certainly stories that Paul would have fit quite naturally into. I agree that as the longest running actor left on the show, there is a certain level of respect that he deserved. It also wasn't only Davidson, but also Kristoff St. John that got sent to recurring during Mal's crappy tenure. Both deserved better. I would have been pissed off, too. 

Should Davidson have stopped? Probably. Had I been the one making the choices, I wouldn't have considered either talent expendable. Just Sayin'.

• Members

Was Christian Le Blanc also made recurring at this time?

Paul was tricky to write for because of Lauralee Bell's absences. Getting rid of the police set didn't help.

But they could have done a mini thing with Lauren where Paul is resentful of Christine's work absences and Lauren lends a friendly ear.

With Michael also out of town they have dinner together and reminisce - cue flashbacks. The evening ends with a quick kiss that turns more passionate. They have to deal with that - just something that could be woven into the story over a few weeks.

• Members

LeBlanc is technically still on contract, but I think his appearances were strongly reduced as well. Young tried the "Every episode is one day".

Paul could have been used as Sharon's former father-in-law; an affair with Lauren; as the police chief during investigations. There was still plenty for Paul and the others to do.

Griffith puts too much story on the Newmans. Had they rested Abby Nick or Victoria for a chunk of time plenty of under-utilized characters could still be around...

• Members

But why are they subtweeting LLB’s tweet? Don’t they know the Bells are no longer in charge? Why not go directly to the source? It seems like a massive waste of resources.

I read that Michael Damian quipped that he is “no homewrecker”. I wonder if a fling between Danny and Christine had been proposed?

• Members

Although Christian LeBlanc is listed in the credits with the contract actors, I believe he's recurring.  Ditto for Kate Linder.  (When Doug Davidson admitted to being recurring, he was also listed as a contract cast member.)  My own belief -- just mine -- is that LeBlanc, St. John, Doug Davidson, and Kate Linder were all four dropped to recurring, but out of respect for the longevity of the actors, they were given the "courtesy" of a contract credit, even though they're merely recurring.  Linder and LeBlanc haven't publicly complained, Kristoff is unfortunately gone now, and Doug Davidson won't hush about being "fired".  That's why I don't think they use him any longer.  He's probably not seen as a "team player".      

• Members

Kate Linder's 'contract' must guarantee 2 appearances a year.

Isn't there something re insurance that actors have to have a certain number of gigs to maintain their benefits?

If so, I think must be the case with Kate.

The thing is Esther could be used more. She should never have left the Chancellor Estate for a start.