DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

I forgot to say something about John today! I was remiss because it's a biggie!  After the Kristenonian royalty left John said, I bet I know what Brady was doing! I bet he was looking for the serum! Ding Ding Ding who is our hero today?!

Also I forgot to say something about Dee. I was remiss because it's hilarious! When she was having close contact convo with Rachel the little princess held her wand right in front of Deidre & she deftly moved that wand out from in front of her so it was no longer between her & the  camera! I roared!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Allie and especially Gabi aren't the same as Marlena, Hope, Jen, or even Maggie as parents.  Gabi lives her entire life like Ari doesn't exist.  Sonny/Will are shown to be much more active participants in parenting even in the way their conversations are framed.  Allie mentions Henry more, but it seems like Nicole practically parents Henry because she's always with him lol.

Marlena and especially RoJohn, were shown with Carrie and the twins quite a bit.  Their lifestyles and decisions did reflect the fact they had children and they were mentioned often.  Same with Hope/Bo and Jen.  Shawn-D and Abby were important to both Bo/Hope and Jen/Jack/Peter storylines and helped shaped their identities even if we didn't see them.  Was it a realistic portrayal of parenthood?  No, but you knew they were part of their lives.  Allie and, more specifically, Gabi act like they have no children and it didn't change anything about how they live their lives.  

Plus, it's a lot more realistic to believe John/Marlena having free time because they were rich and had a full time nanny doing the cooking, cleaning, transportation for the kids, etc.   Allie and Gabi were both young single mothers that barely struggled at all.  

ETA-John was good today.  He had the Salem brain today with Brady and hit all the appropriate points on the Kristen idiocy. 

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Come to think of it, when John Black was single parenting Carrie & the twins we did see him as a parent often, ... I'm not sure how much of the behavior was male rather than female, but it was there & it was consistent & the twins were more or less oblivious but Carrie got a lot out of it, natural because she was older & in some ways needier. Carrie would have been up a river without John!

As to the rest I can only respectfully agree to disagree. But, touche' for reminding me about John.

• Members

So I’m completely caught up with the show now. I work from home so I’ve binge watching it for weeks in the background while I work.

Honestly I still enjoy the show. Maybe I don’t have super high expectations.

I have a newfound appreciation for Brandan Barash. His Stefan is COMPLETELY different than his Jake even down to how he speaks. Whereas RSW is just playing Ben as a playboy instead of a reformed serial killer hero.

• Members

I cannot find it to post it but earlier I saw a tweet that years ago John told Eric he could drive now since Sami drove earlier & Eric told him he knew he couldn't drive a car & they had a sweet moment that lined up virtually one for one with the sweet moment Eric had with Holly today about what car was she driving these days. I have no memory of it but boy it made me choke up. I'm just a sucker for certain sentiment.

• Members

DOOL Fr. 10-28-22

OMG, what a day!

Cast: Alex, Stephanie, Paulina, Sloan, Tripp, Steve/Patch, EJ, Ava, Chad, Kayla, Joey, Susan Banks, someone who will be named when they arrive

Paulina is leaving a phone msg for Stephanie & is hollering at her

Tripp & Steve around the Nurses station (Steve is in a pirate costume with a parrot permanently on his left shoulder.) Trying to get Tripp to stay in Salem, loves having him here, met this little patient, Malachi, who adored Tripp as his doc.

Tripp - I am headed to Seattle tonight. Ticket is ready.

Sloan to Paulina - impatient client, price has gone up, tomorrow morning at the latest. You are 5 pts ahead in the polls. You can't afford for us to go public with this tomorrow!

Stephanie - hearing about PR work from Alex. She has an ask for him.

Tripp to Steve - Ava was going to marry Jake. EJ ran her out of town. All I've had is a text, she's okay & hopes to see me soon. No idea where she is.

Steve - it is not like her to give in

Chad - dressed as a clown, Trick or Treat!

EJ - freaks out as he says he just saw a clown through the patio doors

Steph - yes, a favor, could you get the blackmail material that Paulina needs

Alex - help you get the goods? Pick a lock? B&E? Find a key?

Kayla to Joey - I can think of so many reasons it would be great if you were in Salem. And, didn't I hear you telling Tripp you were interested in this Wendy?

Joey - eavesdropping when you were supposed to be asleep!

Joey - with a gift box. Now this, this is a box of candy. Shakes it.

Kayla - shakes it, yeah, probably from Julie, let me see the card. Pales as she reads gift card. It's from Orpheus!

Alex  - you are telling me to go have sex with Sloan

Stephanie - nooo

Ava in clown suit, reveals herself to Tripp. He tells her he punched EJ! That's her boy!

Steve & Tripp in to Kayla & Joey, he reads card. Admits defeat, probably headed back to Statesville. Will always think of the 3 of them, the ladies.

Tripp - come to Seattle with me

EJ - Chad come back to DiMera & work for me & the family

Chad - I'm flattered but no.

Sloan answering her door where there's Alex in a cop suit

Sloan - dressing up, are we?

Alex - No, too many clothes

Sloan - strip search it is

Alex - no, don't talk business/ pulls out handcuffs & cuffs her to the bed. Blindfolds her.

Ava says okay but she has one thing to do

Chad I am not ready but can I get my shares back?

EJ yes you can but not Kate.

Alex is fishing in her purse & brings something out & leaves with it.

Clown in EJ's room

EJ shocked & then she speaks, it's Susan Banks! Mother!

Susan - You are in terrible danger!

Ava at the mausoleum saying bye to Jake & she hears something & turns around & says Tripp?

Charlie! Wrong son. The show is over.

Edited by Tonksadora
typo

• Members

Mike Manning!! 

Please register in order to view this content

Once again, we were reminded of what a perfect, amazing guy Tripp is and yet all these stupid, selfish hos broke his heart. I don't get I never will. I hope he somehow ends up staying in Salem. 

As for Ava's creepy revenge plot, I think it could be a lot better and less creepy. It's times like this that I wish that EJelle was still a thing. They could have still been secretly having an affair, that Ava finds out about, so she reveals it to Shawn, who then beats EJ's ass into a coma or something. I think it would work better than what might happen now. Plus, it could also have an effect on Johnny, who cuts Ava out of his life because of the way she hurt Belle. 

#AnyonebutLeo