DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm not gonna lie, Nicole looked good today. And the sexual tension in her scenes with Eric was amazing. This really is the best story on the show right now.

The less said about Kristen, the better. If only Rolf could inject her with something 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Peacock must have new people typing up the closed captions. Today Kristen was Chris and Li was Lee. And speaking of the latter, he's starting to get on my nerves as much as the former.

I miss Eli and Lani and the twins and more Carver/Price story.

• Members

DOOL Tues. 10-25-22

Cast: Stephanie, Chad, Allie, Chanel, Sonny, Alex, Leo, Sloane, Paulina, Abe, Johnny, Maggie, Sonny

Today is a good Sonny day. Such a good actor!

Stephanie is on the phone with Paulina.

Chanel & Allie are talking about Henry having a sleepover with Nicole & Holly & what they're going to do with their free night.

Together. Allie suggests calling Alex. Chanel doesn't like the idea cause she thinks she's talking about another threesome. Allie assures her that they are 1000% on the same page that that was a one time thing ONLY! Chanel is pleased but seems distracted. Allie was just talking about having drinks out. Chanel says she'd rather just stay home, doesn't feel like going out. Allie asks her if everything is okay & she admits that it is not. There's a knock at the door & it's Johnny. He needs a favor - can Wendy stay on their couch for a few nights till she can get some money together for a room? They agree to it & Johnny hugs Allie & calls her an angel. As soon as he's gone, Allie gets back to Chanel needing to say something but before she can, their part of the show is over. We are left hanging. (They found out about Ava & Allie was distressed that she left town without saying goodbye to her grandson, Henry.)

Sonny is unhappy because Will cannot come to visit as planned because of rewrites.

Alex has a hot date with Sloane. He moans & groans about falling for Stephanie & her not being into him, being into Chad. He says he's going back to having as  much "no strings attached" sex as possible! Sonny kinda gags.

Leo is giving out cookies for Paulina dressed as a patriotic donkey.

Sloane pressures Paulina for the money!

Sloane also pressures Leo for the money he owes her. (She represented him the last  time he needed an attorney. But he's busted. No bucks.)

Abe is worried that the Sloane person is gonna bring up Lani being in prison. Abe also tells Paulina that if she wins governor he will quit as Mayor & move to the state capital with her. She asks what she ever did to deserve a man as fine as Abe.

Sloane on the phone to Stephanie pressures her for the money from Paulina! (Sloane is all over everything!)

Chad offers his trust fund. Stephanie comes up with a master plan. Her dad & John had done some work for the DEA with counterfeit money involved & they still have the fake Benjamins. She'll get them & they can give them to Sloane. She'll break into Sloane's place & find the originals that are over Paulina's head.

Maggie & Sonny share some pizza & talk & she suggests to him that he & Will need to meet halfway. He asks her if she ever wishes Victor put her first more. They had a nice moment. Sonny says he & Will simply CANNOT break up again.

Leo ends up at Paulina's place, picking up a check for his work giving out cookies. He loves her couture shoes. She gives him a job as her local asst.

Sonny calls Will & asks him if he has time for them to talk.

Sloane (with an E, we learned from Leo) & Alex are about to have sex when she gets a call to come to the pub to pick up the hush money. She wants Alex to stay & wait for her, so she handcuffs him to the bed. She leaves.

Chad is at the pub with the suitcase full of junk money.

Stephanie uses a set of lockpicks to break into Sloane's room. (She has told us she's Patch's daughter!) When she goes in the room, she & Alex both scream! What the hell are YOU doing here? Show's over.

• Members

10/5 was the last episode we watched.   We are taking a "viewing hiatus" from DAYS.  Sick of the repetitive storylines, the blatant ignoring of the Horton family (examples, stupidly killing off Abigail, Mike very,very brief return, killing off Laura, no Jennifer on contract and temp writing off Jenn again), the focus on long played out characters (Rafe, Nicole, Leo, Gwen, Orpheus,  Kristen, Susan), terrible storylines (Stefan back up from the dead 4 years without a heart, Kristen's continued idiotic shenanigans, Alex Kiriakis (terrible character and Rob Wilson should've never played the part), DAYs favoring Gwen over Abby & Jennifer,

• Members

Today, when Stephanie and Leo were each talking about the blackmailer,
the closed-captioning spelled her name as "Sloane". 
But also today, Alex's cellphone showed him receiving a text from "Sloan Petersen".
Then Leo was talking about her to Paulina.  He said "with an e". 
The closing credits still spell her name as "Sloan". 

I saw discussion of the discrepancy elsewhere. 
Apparently what Leo meant by "with an e" was Petersen and not Peterson (SEN, not SON).

I think the closed captioning was making a mistake when the other characters referred to her.

I think without closed captioning, we were intended to hear this from Leo:
Sloan Petersen with an "e".
(The intention being "Sloan PetersEn and not Sloan PetersOn")

But the closed captioning messed up and typed Leo saying
Sloane Petersen with an "e".  The captioning messed up and used the "e" in both first name and surname.

I like that SON is a place where I can discuss the spelling discrepancy and nobody will think I'm odd for being a details nerd.

• Members

Yeah… Allie is a horrible human being. And it looks she’s going down the same route as Gabi, Kristen and a few other mothers who go on and on about how much they love their kids but spend no time with them. It kinda sad that Uncle Ron can’t keep his biases out of the writing.

And I see the first shot was fired today in Wilson’s (possible) breakup. I just hope if they’re going there, they hire some young hot twink for a few episodes for Sonny to cheat with. 

The Sonny/Maggie scenes were really nice today though 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Elsewhere I ran a poll about the threesome with options to vote: the 3 became good friends with benefits, without benefits, that Chanel decided it only happened because Allie was insecure about her happiness, that Allie decided it was all in her head, a few other things but without options for pregnancies. Okay, 124 votes with a whopping 62% voting that Chanel realizes that this only happened because Allie is insecure about whether she is making Chanel happy. We found out yesterday that the girls have agreed that this was a ONE TIME ONLY event & they happily agree to that! And, I closed the poll, satisfied.

And, is this because we heard about Henry sleeping over at Nicole's one night per week? We also heard that Allie was distressed that Ava left town without saying goodbye to her grandson, Henry. Is that not even 1 + point and 1 - point for a tie? When Allie was expressing concern about having company on the couch again she noted that this is in her apartment *where she lives with her son*? It's a big wide soap world & there are plenty of people who think Allie is a good person! And the rules they follow about Henry are certainly on par with how much most soap children are actually seen except that for his first years of life he was constantly in his pram *right there* where everyone was.