j swift

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Checked in JHud and Sherri this week

First, Sheri teased former ABC journalist Elizabeth Vargas, (who years ago wrote a memoir about her recovery from alcoholism and promoted it on The View while Sherri was a co-host), about not being fun because she doesn't drink

Please register in order to view this content

To be fair, Elizabeth was being a bit of nutty diva

And then JHud had on Ego Nwodim from SNL, in an eight-minute segment, three minutes were spent on the pronunciation of her name, then two minutes on her family, a two-minute set-up for her impersonation of Dionne Warwick, and then a commercial.  A whole season of shows and JHud is still incapable of just having a semi-organic conversation and has no idea of why her guests are on her show.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I agree, @j swift.  She's like the female Arsenio Hall.  I tried watching an episode of her show the other day, and I couldn't.  She was going on and on about how meaningful it was to be nominated for the NAACP Image Award, and I was like, "So, winning the Oscar, the Golden Globe, the SAG, the Grammy, the Tony, the Daytime Emmy, the National Board of Review and the BAFTA were small potatoes?"

• Members

@Khan I feel like amongst the current crop, Sheri is the naturally talented to host a show on her own.  I love Kelly's singing, but she can't interview without reading every question from a pre-interview.  Drew has a unique take on interviewing, and seems genuinely interested in her guest's stories, but her energy is way too manic for my taste.  Sheri does a very good opening chat, perhaps due to her training in standup comedy.  But she needs a production staff who will prepare her better, fewer games, and a regular group of experts because she does well in those segments (like how Regis had the Love Chef and Mrs. Greenthumbs). 

Does anyone recall the name of the Persian lady beauty expert on Regis that used fruits and veg as a face mask (was it Regine?), or the blond lady fashion expert who was always introduced as the spokesperson for the cotton council?   

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...