ARTICLE: Rena Sofer to Exit ‘The Bold and the Beautiful’

• Webmaster
Rena Sofer, Quinn Fulller, The Bold and the Beautiful, Bold and Beautiful, Bold & Beautiful, B&B, #BoldandBeautiful

Nearly 10 years since joining the cast of “The Bold and the Beautiful” in the contract role of Quinn Fuller, later Sharpe and currently Forrester, actress Rena Sofer will conclude her run at the Television City-produced daytime drama series when her final episode airs Monday, August 29.

“Friday, August 5 was not just my daughter’s birthday but the end of my 9year run as Quinn on @boldandbeautifulcbs,” wrote Sofer on Instagram, announcing her exit from the series. “I know it’s heartbreaking for some and it is for me as well, but it’s time for me to move on with both my acting career and my pottery career. Thank you all for your support over the last 9 years and in the future! And check out Renasoferceramics.com for the other side of my life!!”

In an upcoming interview with Soap Opera Digest, on newsstands Friday, Sofer shares more about her decision to leave the series. “I had already decided this was going to be my last contract, but when they finished the story of Quinn and Carter [Lawrence Saint-Victor] coming together, it seemed like the right time,” she explains to the magazine.

“On to bigger and better things!” Sofer concluded in a Twitter post following her shocking exit announcement.

Note: The post Rena Sofer to Exit ‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's a shame, especially since he gave a good interview about his time at GH and his praises for all the wonderful years maybe in the last day or two. But I've counted Kin out before. I don't think he'll ever be truly gone.

• Members

It could just be a nostalgia thing with Jackie. They COULD use Bobbie way more than they do.

Kin's post, looking at it again, doesn't sound as 'end of the world' as it seems. The show HAS treated him like garbage over the years. We'll see. Scott/Obrecht is a good pairing but I have no interest in Josh Kelly's character being his kid. I had no interest in Franco being his either. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I don't love Scott getting involved with a deranged terrorist and eugenicist who should be back in Steinmauer, but Kathleen Gati is talented, they have fun together for the moment and it's not like Scott is a stranger to, well, strange. I'd still make Obrecht a recurring on-off villain to come in and out again; I don't believe she has a permanent place in a normal canvas. As for Bobbie, Jackie Zeman's face has gone through so many changes, both good, bad and worse in the last 20 years; every time I think it's settled down and is looking better, something else is done and she can barely speak. Frankly it's severely affected her performance, not just how she enunciates but what she poorly tries to bring to the delivery to make up for her facial issues. It's sad, because I love Bobbie and always have. But unless Jackie's face is doing better and she can deliver more nuanced work I don't need to see her that often anymore.

AFAIK, based on timelines, there is absolutely no conceivable way Scott and Dominique could have another adult child. Unless they want to suggest Josh Kelly is somehow Serena's long lost twin which, no.

Edited by Vee

• Members

God no to him being Serena's twin! I'm also glad they leave Serena off-canvas. Scott's kids all end up cast poorly and dead. I just don't buy Dominique having a kid. Who cares? Obrecht and Scott are a bright spot to me, on the current canvas. They both sell it well but don't seem to be played enough.

I feel bad for Jackie because I think she was so affected by JFP's treatment of her ...

• Members

I did not realize that they were like the boy who cried wolf!

I had a knee-jerk reaction to Rena Sofer's news. I think she'd make an excellent Hope Williams Brady but I am not sure I want to wish her into the fire just out of her own frying pan. I just like her & also feel that DOOL needs to have Hope around.

Please register in order to view this content