Y&R actress clarifies status (update page 5)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• janea4old changed the title to Y&R actress clarifies status (update page 5)
  • Members

Mishael's IG today says she just wrapped this return, so I think she meant that she wrapped filming this return arc.  Mishael's use of the word "wrapped" would go with Stafford's post yesterday that seemed to be saying goodbye.  But then the rest of Mishael's IG today implies that she would/could reappear for other arcs at some point and is officially "on recurring".

Normally, I'd guess she was gone for good. But why would they do an opening credits photoshoot of her last week, if they didn't plan to use her again in future recurring arcs? So I guess I'll believe her for now that she's still on recurring.

• Members

Can't really see this working out. Mishael is obviously looking for other work.

Amanda is not such a strong character that she needs to be there. She could just decide to care full time for her mom and after that why is she needed? Devon/Amanda is not some great love story at this point.

Wonder how this will affect Imani/Leigh Ann Rose?

• Members

Unfortunate but completely understandable.

This show has always treated MM so wrong I don’t think her talents should be stifled by a show that hasn’t always respected her. So I’m glad she’s leaving out on her own terms.

As for Leigh Ann Rose she’s been long overdue to be put on a contract but I’m afraid this will be the show’s excuse to drop her. For whatever reason her and Nate actually boinking never materialized despite this show spent like two months building up to it. 

Josh Griffith sucks.

• Members

I'm honestly not surprised. Bringing an actor back, simply because of fan backlash, does not fix a situation... especially when you retcon them into a newly-created role that held zero purpose, and when you put them back into a pairing with a new role and it lacks the same something special... this is the result of that.