Y&R actress clarifies status (update page 5)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Never have a seen a show allow an EMMY winner, who won in LEAD, leave the show shortly after their win. Most shows would throw everything including the kitchen sink to ensure they stayed and had story. But different time, different era. I have other thoughts too, but I'll digress. 

Onward and upward to Mishael. I hope she lands something big post Y&R, so yet again, this show can have egg on its face for allowing their talent to leave their clutches so easily.

• Members

I think she was out before she won the Emmy. I don't think anybody expected her to win and by the time they let her go, I can see why she wouldn't want to sign another contract IF they reached out at that point. They've proven they don't value her or her popularity on the show.

• Members

I can't believe this show has me looking up "Hillary scenes" from Y&R on Youtube. I really miss the spitfire that was in that character, and MM was incredible. She even made boring Lily/CK interesting, as I was totally invested in their rivalry. Such a missed opportunity. 

• Members

Especially a Lead Actress winner who was billed as “historic” even in mainstream outlets. They can’t even cynically capitalize on that. (Of course anyone watching knows how shabbily she’s been treated—and how little difference her recurring status will make in terms of how she’s used.)